Good analytical read on Miami potential

Ok. I'm starting to think it's the non alums who are the dumbest, but I'm not sure. You clearly fall in the dumb category.

You don't think good/bad luck is a huge factor in success in all parts of life? Of course it is. It's a game of inches. And it's very hard to predict the future of 17 years olds.

The word is alumni. Learn the ******* plural form of alumnus if you are going to speciously try to attack someone's intelligence while attempting to distinguish between alumni and non-alumni posters.

C/o 2004.

Advertisement
The word is alumni. Learn the ******* plural form of alumnus if you are going to speciously try to attack someone's intelligence while attempting to distinguish between alumni and non-alumni posters.

C/o 2004.
Ok, good. I'm happy to be wrong about that as you are clearly the dumbest here.

No. I was in school there during the start of the second glory days (1999). But the dumbness of this board astounds me. Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value. First year results have very little value in judging the future success of a new coach. And talent trumps everything else usually. A run of bad luck has caused this fanbase to experience brain rot.

When you say "Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value" that's definitely not True, i knew by the 2nd quarter of the Maryland game the penn disgrace morons werent the right coaches for this job, and after halftime confirmed it. And let the truth be told, i knew that moron was trash at his press conference when he started running off all the UM stats, it was just a selfish move to try and make himself sound like he did his homework and was all in, if a person has that much UM knowledge, nobody in there right mind gone come here running a 3-4 defense!

So on to coach diaz, i always said he's smart enuff to get the job done, and showed me something in that gaytor game, but he has other issues that he has to get fixed, he's making detrimental team building mistakes, starting crybabies like jw15, going getting jt4 back, touting up and giving transfer tate playing time at wideout over guys like hightower and others was real disrespectful and its even worst in a loss. Allowing meglomaniacs like enos already to hold press conferences every week, he started acting as if he was the headcoach of the team, if manny cant control the assistants, players missing curfews, that means he's not respected, hiring & firing power doesnt earn the type of respect it takes to win Championships, and right now the biggest question mark with coach diaz is can he lead men, coaches and players, and as of right now, the answer is no, because his credibilty took a big hit in year one. The transfer portal is a double edge sword, so now in comes another transferee qb, how much playing time is he going to be handed to or earned is the real question, and right now with, with coach diaz's m.o., most can guess that answer!

Every off-season I read this stuff and if makes it seem like we're ready to compete. It's just building false hopes.

At Miami, talent hasn’t been able to overcome poor coaching. Hopefully Manny scrapped his entire MO and revamps his approach.

If that doesn’t happen, we’ll be looking at another underperforming team.

Advertisement
No. I was in school there during the start of the second glory days (1999). But the dumbness of this board astounds me. Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value. First year results have very little value in judging the future success of a new coach. And talent trumps everything else usually. A run of bad luck has caused this fanbase to experience brain rot.
You’re wrong in every way. Especially that “talent trumps everything else”. I have 15 years of hurricane football to prove it.

Talent couldn’t even trump FIU.

Here we go again. How about we win the Coastal first?

EB65666E-C898-421B-BBE1-D9CAEA16C104.gif

This kind of ****e is our version of Punxsutawney Phil. Just ****** WIN for fack Sake. Execute on Offense, score points, & get after the opposing QB / RB’s relentlessly. Don’t get rolled by bums who want it more than us.

you’re blaming our failures on 15 years of bad luck, but don’t believe past performance is a predictor or future performance? Beyond comical. Luck is real, past performance is inconsequential

Miami is always in the top 25 of recruiting rankings, so just going off that alone means the potential is there. Now can the coaches take that potential and do something with it? That's what has plagued us for the past 15+ years.

Advertisement
This is going to be the longest offseason ever. Any positive thread is going to have a gang of jackasses destroying it.

Let’s just all rehash the low points of this past season over and over. Or say completely original things like “show me on the field” or the other classics “not falling for it” or some corny variation of bananas in tailpipes.

It’s going to be so fun.
The level of negativity has gotten ridiculous.

Poster A: We won WW2.
Poster B: Sure but we lost 400,000, can you really say we won?
Poster C: We lost 5,000 just on D-Day!
Poster D: Actually, it was 4,414 total Allied losses.
Poster E: It was all a conspiracy.
Poster F: Did you know Eisenhower was high when he gave the go ahead?

Eliminating the Miami aspect, this is actually a really interesting article. It only reinforces the notion that in the modern era, OFFENSE not DEFENSE wins championships.

Article doesn’t even mention coaching, which is our downfall. All cfp teams have had at least one great or elite coach to go along with that talent.

Advertisement
Yeah, being critical of these nonsense articles isn’t being negative, our program has reached rock bottom or near that level and is on life support. Enough talk and let’s actually win something before anybody beats their chest here. Like someone else said, most people don’t want to fall for the same ole banana in the tail pipe yet another year.

you’re blaming our failures on 15 years of bad luck, but don’t believe past performance is a predictor or future performance? Beyond comical. Luck is real, past performance is inconsequential
luck, good or bad, is the big factor in life's success. Football, like life, is a game of inches. Hit or make a field goal, catch or miss a pass, the flag is thrown or not. When you lose the first 5 games by a few points per game, yeah luck is a factor. That goes over the years too - two teams evaluate 4 star QBs - one is a first round pick and one flames out. Fortune is a big part that.

Of course you need hard work, preparation and attention to detail. There is truth to the old saying that you make your own good luck by working hard. But yeah, I'd say Miami has had a lot of bad luck and the fanbase is sick with negativity as a result.

Advertisement
Article left out mention of who was coaching those teams.OF all the coaches whp have taken a team to the 4 team playoff, which one does Manny have any chance of just coaching to a draw?

Basically, the argument is we are a playoff contender if our offense is as good as SMU’s was in 2019 and King plays like he did in 2018.

No sh*t.

The question is how well Lashlee can get his current pieces on O and integrate King into his scheme. I have zero doubts about King. You drop that kid into a this type of scheme and he will ball. My biggest concern is, are our current players up to the challenge?

I’m fortunately or unfortunately externally optimistic that we HAVE to get past this down swing. I also believe we hit our proverbial rock bottom in 2019, there’s only one way to go - and that is up. Now the key question is, how far up do we go? It’s going to take at minimum 9-3 or 10-2 to win the Coastal with Vag Tech and UNC getting better offensively. To win the Coastal it’s going to take us balling out on both sides of the ball, including ST’s as well as some luck to go in our favor in order to make that big of a jump.

Advertisement
Back