Good analytical read on Miami potential

Advertisement
Go be negative somewhere else.

It's not being negative one bit. The article is somewhat ridiculous. I'd like to get through spring ball before I book tickets to Charlotte. As a matter of fact, I'm tabling my season ticket renewal until the spring game even though I have a kid who will be a junior who is either considering walking on or being a team manager. Trust me I am not worried about losing my seats in Section 220.

Last edited:
It's not being negative one bit. The article is somewhat ridiculous. I'd like to get through spring ball before I book tickets to Charlotte. As a matter of fact, I'm tabling my season ticket renewal until the spring game even though I have a kid who will be a junior who is either considering walking on or being a team manager. Trust me I am not worried about losing my seats in Section 220.

The article is speculation obviously, but still insightful nonetheless. Like I said in my post Miami needs player development and a way to mask their CB depth(pray nobody gets hurt). If that happens it is pretty easy to get to Charlotte from the coastal. Don't do that and we are looking at another 8-4 Miami season.

Advertisement

This article brings nothing new to the table, real UM football has already proven this could or could not be True. When we are playing True UM defense, we are normally top 5 in the categories that count, offensively, as long as we are top 40 in the categories that count with a top 5 defense, we'll be in the hunt.

Its comical how they are already annointing this new transfer qb as the starter, i havent seen one impressive stat on this guy yet against real competition. Plus the best defense he'll ever face thus far in his career is the one he's about to start practicing against at Greentree, let's see what he does agsinst our guys while they talking all this noise. The fact that its being reported that he is 3rd in the heisman race is already a joke,() which is why the majority of articles are a joke. Same with rhett, i dont give a damyum what he did at can he get the offense going here. Who cares about the transfer qb's Houston stats, means nothing here.

To much preseason fluff, i dont want to see all these mediocre playing guys doing interviews as if they're the team leaders, if you not playing at a high level, i still remember the look in coach diaz's face during the pregame festivities between us and Lsu, he looks like he wanted no parts of it, in the meantime, joel rodriguez and thomas brown in the mix. Imma need coach diaz to step his weak mental game up and stop passing out bubble gum. Its either gone be real True competition this year, or the handwriting will be on the wall.

This article brings nothing new to the table, real UM football has already proven this could or could not be True. When we are playing True UM defense, we are normally top 5 in the categories that count, offensively, as long as we are top 40 in the categories that count with a top 5 defense, we'll be in the hunt.

Its comical how they are already annointing this new transfer qb as the starter, i havent seen one impressive stat on this guy yet against real competition. Plus the best defense he'll ever face thus far in his career is the one he's about to start practicing against at Greentree, let's see what he does agsinst our guys while they talking all this noise. The fact that its being reported that he is 3rd in the heisman race is already a joke,() which is why the majority of articles are a joke. Same with rhett, i dont give a damyum what he did at can he get the offense going here. Who cares about the transfer qb's Houston stats, means nothing here.

To much preseason fluff, i dont want to see all these mediocre playing guys doing interviews as if they're the team leaders, if you not playing at a high level, i still remember the look in coach diaz's face during the pregame festivities between us and Lsu, he looks like he wanted no parts of it, in the meantime, joel rodriguez and thomas brown in the mix. Imma need coach diaz to step his weak mental game up and stop passing out bubble gum. Its either gone be real True competition this year, or the handwriting will be on the wall.

Dumb.

Charlie Brown's teacher on deck!
You forget the Fuuck Miami dynamic.
We've been postured for suck since we joined the ASSCC. I stated this on Shadow's board too long ago. Fuuck yah, I've been doing this since circling the OB in '83/84 to celebrate the greatest football breeding ground on Earth. The city of Miami is Football! The rest of the country took note, and focused efforts on impeding us from capitalizing on our Gold! 🖕🏽

There's a difference between "optimism" (and I am always optimistic, there haven't been many years in the past 35 where I didn't think we could win 10 games or more), and "not wanting to fall for the banana in the tailpipe for the 15th year in a row".

I'm tired of being Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

That's not "pessimism" or "absence of optimism", it is simply an acknowledgement of history.
It's called being realistic. What can we realistically expect from the team this year based on the performance of the last 15 years or so?

Advertisement
CC548DD9-0C06-43AE-B4E8-4C17EB10070A.gif

Seeing a lot of positive changes but I'm gonna take a hard pass on celebrating the off-season National title. Did that last year and ended up spending money on a banner.

Thanks Op that was a nice read.at least it was positive and not a negative column which has been very rare lately.on paper it looks good just have to wait and see if it is on the field.

**** Yeah!~ The U is back. **** the whole country, we going 200-0, FIU is back to little brother. Time to go yard on a yacht bong.

Advertisement
This will sound negative, but when in Miami‘s history have wwe made that type of jump? Both Schnellenberger and Butch hit plateaus at 9 wins for a couple of years before jumping into the elite. I hope we get to 9 wins next year, and then set ourselves up for another jump.

Advertisement
Just by your response, you definitely are a new UM fan, or just dont know UM football!
No. I was in school there during the start of the second glory days (1999). But the dumbness of this board astounds me. Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value. First year results have very little value in judging the future success of a new coach. And talent trumps everything else usually. A run of bad luck has caused this fanbase to experience brain rot.

No. I was in school there during the start of the second glory days (1999). But the dumbness of this board astounds me. Past performance, good or bad, has zero predictive value. First year results have very little value in judging the future success of a new coach. And talent trumps everything else usually. A run of bad luck has caused this fanbase to experience brain rot.

"A run of bad luck"?? Either you need to get your head out of your ***, or you need to get a more clever trolling schtick.

This is going to be the longest offseason ever. Any positive thread is going to have a gang of jackasses destroying it.

Let’s just all rehash the low points of this past season over and over. Or say completely original things like “show me on the field” or the other classics “not falling for it” or some corny variation of bananas in tailpipes.

It’s going to be so fun.

"A run of bad luck"?? Either you need to get your head out of your ***, or you need to get a more clever trolling schtick.
Ok. I'm starting to think it's the non alums who are the dumbest, but I'm not sure. You clearly fall in the dumb category.

You don't think good/bad luck is a huge factor in success in all parts of life? Of course it is. It's a game of inches. And it's very hard to predict the future of 17 years olds.

Advertisement
Back