Good analytical read on Miami potential

Advertisement
Advertisement

Watch out dude…

The Diaz haters are blowing a gasket right now that you would dare post anything positive about the hurricanes and Manny Diaz…

Advertisement
Sorry, I forgot.....no optimism allowed on this board.

There's a difference between "optimism" (and I am always optimistic, there haven't been many years in the past 35 where I didn't think we could win 10 games or more), and "not wanting to fall for the banana in the tailpipe for the 15th year in a row".

I'm tired of being Charlie Brown trying to kick the football.

That's not "pessimism" or "absence of optimism", it is simply an acknowledgement of history.

Good lord, can we get through spring ball? Quite frankly I came out of the spring game last year very underwhelmed from what I saw.

Advertisement
The article seems like a bunch of sunshine pumping to me. Yes UM has a blue chip ratio above 50%, yes Miami returns 9 offensive starters and has a talented linebacker corps along with jaelen Phillip's and Quincy Roche. Here are the two issues: the player development has been beyond awful at Miami and the depth at CB is scary thin. The CB issue can be masked in a lot of games by the ends, but if Miami makes it to the ACCCG against Clemson, they could get exposed at the CB position quickly by Trevor Lawrence.

The article seems like a bunch of sunshine pumping to me. Yes UM has a blue chip ratio above 50%, yes Miami returns 9 offensive starters and has a talented linebacker corps along with jaelen Phillip's and Quincy Roche. Here are the two issues: the player development has been beyond awful at Miami and the depth at CB is scary thin. The CB issue can be masked in a lot of games by the ends, but if Miami makes it to the ACCCG against Clemson, they could get exposed at the CB position quickly by Trevor Lawrence.

Aren't we a little ahead of our skis?

Advertisement
Sorry, I forgot.....no optimism allowed on this board.

Nope. Not after losing to TWO Conf USA teams in the same season and the head coach for those losses is still our coach. But it's OK, we also lost to a GT team that had 1 other win for the year. We have that consolation. Did you know that Miami has never lost to Duke in 2 consecutive years...until Manny Diaz? But it's fine, because our ELITE defense allowed a 4th and 17 completion against the juggernaut of UNC.
Hey, at least we were competitive against UF and their garbage QB Felipe Franks who was holding back their O until he got injured against UK.

Get to Charlotte and the season is a huge success. That likely means Orange Bowl at the worst.

Advertisement
Back