Good analytical read on Miami potential

There are a couple things that have me pumped up for the season.
1) We finally have a playmaker QB who can beat teams with his arm and legs. Teams have killed us for years with QBs like that. Now it is finally our turn to pay them back.
We do not need King to be Lamar Jackson, mind you. We just need him to be Rosier with a better arm and accuracy.

2) Our OC seems to run an offense that is fast and aggressive. We have seen Clemson struggle with a team like Syracuse for instance running a fast scheme back in 2017 and 2018. Maybe this can work in our favor too. (But yes, one game at a time, let's worry about Temple.)

There is a lot of wishful thinking in this thread and on CIS and we have all been burned before with high expectations the team cannot meet. So I can see why so many people are just in a wait and see mood.
That said, we made some good moves and the Coastal sucks so if there is any team that can turn it around in 2020 it is the Canes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our team prepares like amateurs. Our effort is poor.

Until these things change, expect middling results. If Manny corrects these thing he may turn things around, but the lack of respect he was given in 2019 isn’t a good sign.

Sorry, I forgot.....no optimism allowed on this board.

Naw, it’s not that, but every off season it’s the same regurgitated storylines. Potential is an awfully dangerous word in sports, which lately, have been the cause of severe heart aches, and disappointments.

Our potential every season is to be a fixture in the ACCCG. We just need to stop being off season champs and prove it on the field. Our schedule is soft to begin the season by a P5 standard, and maybe this will help the psyche of the team should we start 3-0.

Advertisement
Back