Gonna find out about Mario

I'll say this again here. It's different coaches and the same results.. So what does that tell you.. We need better players and that's Mario's job right now is to get better players here. These guys we have aren't getting it done. Gotta give him time to flip this roster
I guarantee you that 99% of the Miami players were ranked higher than the players on MTSU's roster. Better players will not overcome ****** coaching and lack of development. This loss is on Mario and his junior college level staff.

Advertisement
I guarantee you that 99% of the Miami players were ranked higher than the players on MTSU's roster. This loss is on the coaches.
Or TVD spotting them 10 before the game started. Or TVD throwing a fastball that Mallory can't catch on the goal line. Or TVD going for a bomb that was covered over a wide open Romello in the middle. We lost because we got terrible QB play for 2 1/2 quarters

Or TVD spotting them 10 before the game started. Or TVD throwing a fastball that Mallory can't catch on the goal line. Or TVD going for a bomb that was covered over a wide open Romello in the middle. We lost because we got terrible QB play for 2 1/2 quarters
You forgot to mention how TVD was getting torched by MTSU receivers on those long TDs.

You forgot to mention how TVD was getting torched by MTSU receivers on those long TDs.
its hard not to want to virtually smack the ever living **** out of someone virtually lol. were at the point where its everyones fault but the head coach? my god. people will cut their ****s off for cafecito time.

What’s there to find out? He is what he is. He’s a real good recruiter who will get consistent top 10 classes but the product on the field will be no better than 8-9 wins.

Boosters will eventually tire of fronting this program and that money will eventually dry up and we’re back to hiring the Danny Miaz’s of the world.

How about that for sunshine?

Then I guess Mario learned nothing at Bama, because Nick has adapted continuously to the changing landscape, especially on offense.

Advertisement
Rudy Fernandez came out and explicitly said that he knew it was over for manny after FIU..... I wonder if he's feeling shell shocked by the same type of loss by Mario

Lots of questions to be answered by this team and coaching staph. Going to be an interesting 2 weeks.

Then I guess Mario learned nothing at Bama, because Nick has adapted continuously to the changing landscape, especially on offense.

Iirc, saban transitioned his offense after Mario left. They were very much bro style when Mario was there, I beleive

Advertisement
How we play versus UNC is going to be MONUMENTAL for so many reasons:

1) 2 weeks to prepare
2) First ACC opponent and a crappy one at that, albeit one that has given us major problems
3) Worrisome signs of the team imploding, supposed cliques, chemistry issues, already a couple of suspensions and the dreaded airing of grievances on social media
4) No matter the recruiting ability of Mario, this class could start coming apart...you know the other schools smell blood in the water

If we get a heavy dose of TVD/Mallory/Flagg/Ivey and the offensive scheme remains the same I might have to take this season off. The majority of the top coaches have X/O experience as a coordinator on either side of the ball and I will start getting the feeling that Mario is best suited to be a recruiting coordinator and position coach.

They play as though they have a 20 point lead at all times, I'm not even sure they are capable of pushing the tempo. If UNC starts to hit explosive plays how in the **** is Gattis going to keep up with them? I'm very skeptical that the offense will get better. You had an entire off-season of installs and practices, are they suddenly going to have some kind of awakening after 4 games? "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Which also applies to being a Canes fan the last 20 years.
What happened on social media?

When you have to go into the portal and get as many players as we did, it shows; a large dearth of talent. A good recruiter will convince recruits there is an opportunity to play here because of that lack. Unlike Diaz, Mario can show success in building a program. I heard all the same complaints today that I heard when Butch was here. .It is going to take a couple of years to overturn both roster and culture. I for one am not sold on Gattis. However, it may be as a previous poster said, the players don't match the style of play. I also recall the difference with the defense when Butch fired Miller and hired Schiano.

I want to see more of Arroyo and Skinner. I tired of seeing Matador Mallory dropping passes and whiffing on his blocking. James Williams needs to drop down to Linebacker. He is a Jag at safety, but could be a dominant linebacker. If TVD can't get it together than Garcia need to be QB1. If we are in a rebuilding mode (and we are) lets start the rebuild now. Throw the young guys into the fire and let them gain some experience. Short term pain for some long term gain. Mario does not owe the older players a starting position. If they don't like it , transfer.

I could vent a book worth of frustrations but I choose to keep my sanity.

Advertisement
Back