Golden's Letter To Students

Advertisement
As a high school coach in the state of Nebraska you can imagine female basketball players ages 14-18 are unaware of who Alfred "The Don" Golden is, thus I always wonder if I should give him credit for the "deserve victory" concept I preach to them or continue letting them think I came up with it as it's just way easier than explaining it stems from my man crush on a guy they never have and likely never will care too much about in their grand scheme of things

Stealing from THE DON is a capital offense. Choices and Gratitude are the 1st of 4th of the 8 Pillars of Performance in the book of Golden. If you do not give credit where credit is Due you can never truly Deserve Victory.

*insert gif of The Rock clapping here*

412.gif

University of Miami Students,

As we approach the midway point of our football season, I want to stop and take a moment to thank you for the effort you have put forth to improve the atmosphere inside Sun Life Stadium. I don’t know if you truly understand how important your role is in the grand scheme of our success, but please know how much our players and I appreciate each and every one of you who choose to support us on game day.

As we hit the home stretch of the ACC schedule, we need your presence and enthusiasm more than ever…and we need it for four quarters. The student section is the epicenter of our home field advantage, and we need you louder than ever during the fourth quarter.

We have three home games remaining on the schedule, and I sincerely hope that each of you will continue to support us by packing that student section, dancing in the smoke, screaming on third down, joining us as we raise four fingers in the fourth quarter, and having a great time while you cheer on this team from the opening kick to the final whistle.

When that student section is packed, your presence, your voices, and your energy can truly create a home field advantage, and this season you have done an outstanding job! I really can’t say it enough, thank you all very much.

See you on Saturday!

Deserve Victory,

Al Golden
Head Football Coach
Miami Hurricanes

this guy get's it...I told Al at meeting last year how, when I was at UM in the early 90s the football team help drive me and it has driven me today. For the past 20 years, Jimmy Johnson's "the harder you work, the luckier you gets" sticks in my conscious. I believe that Al's "it's a process" will stick with this group of students and the ones to come. We are on the cusp, and I believe when we come out of tomorrow healthy we are going to go up to that **** hole and bish slap those country folk upstate! We are the U and pound for pound best school on the planet!

As a high school coach in the state of Nebraska you can imagine female basketball players ages 14-18 are unaware of who Alfred "The Don" Golden is, thus I always wonder if I should give him credit for the "deserve victory" concept I preach to them or continue letting them think I came up with it as it's just way easier than explaining it stems from my man crush on a guy they never have and likely never will care too much about in their grand scheme of things

Ah, go ahead and take the credit. I work with the daughter of one of our very famous old Dolphins with a U connections. She was at the school with her daughter, an athelete, and Golden stopped in the hall to speak with the young ladies. This lady's dad has the BIG ring and grew up around the greatest in NFL, and told Al is one of the most impressive people she has met. That he stopped to talk with a bunch of high school girl atheletes just impressed her to no end. I'm thinking he would be okay if you take the credit. However, I don't be so sure they will never meet the man, cause he is THAT guy.

Advertisement
He knows what he has here and we as fans better realize what we have here. We have a young JJ who wants to dominate CFB and has it all at his finger tips.

It just amazes me that in year three he is STILL finding ways to impress me with his vision for this team. Man, that guy FUGGIN gets it!

Advertisement
We are lucky to have him leading our team! I feel bad for the other Fl teams especially u f a g they have a real loser lol.

We are lucky to have him leading our team! I feel bad for the other Fl teams especially u f a g they have a real loser lol.

Great to see posters come around, not have to hear about Al winning a big game, or other BS, to realize who Al Golden really is, simply the best!

Advertisement

Great to see posters come around, not have to hear about Al winning a big game, or other BS, to realize who Al Golden really is, simply the best!

They'll turn on him eventually...like next time UM loses a game. Heck, there are still people clamoring for Williams over Morris, bytching about the D, and complaining that we're #2 in the country in graduation rate...and we're 6-0. Doesn't take much around here to bring out the doom and gloom squad.

They'll turn on him eventually...like next time UM loses a game. Heck, there are still people clamoring for Williams over Morris, bytching about the D, and complaining that we're #2 in the country in graduation rate...and we're 6-0. Doesn't take much around here to bring out the doom and gloom squad.

You can take that to the bank, we could win 40 to 0 and wasted a time out for it, and the staff would be called out on it, the mopes don't get it and never will, ITS GREAT TO BE A MIAMI HURRIANE!

University of Miami Students,

As we approach the midway point of our football season, I want to stop and take a moment to thank you for the effort you have put forth to improve the atmosphere inside Sun Life Stadium. I don’t know if you truly understand how important your role is in the grand scheme of our success, but please know how much our players and I appreciate each and every one of you who choose to support us on game day.

As we hit the home stretch of the ACC schedule, we need your presence and enthusiasm more than ever…and we need it for four quarters. The student section is the epicenter of our home field advantage, and we need you louder than ever during the fourth quarter.

We have three home games remaining on the schedule, and I sincerely hope that each of you will continue to support us by packing that student section, dancing in the smoke, screaming on third down, joining us as we raise four fingers in the fourth quarter, and having a great time while you cheer on this team from the opening kick to the final whistle.

When that student section is packed, your presence, your voices, and your energy can truly create a home field advantage, and this season you have done an outstanding job! I really can’t say it enough, thank you all very much.

See you on Saturday!

Deserve Victory,

Al Golden
Head Football Coach
Miami Hurricanes

1.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back