Golden's Letter To Students

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
University of Miami Students,

As we approach the midway point of our football season, I want to stop and take a moment to thank you for the effort you have put forth to improve the atmosphere inside Sun Life Stadium. I don’t know if you truly understand how important your role is in the grand scheme of our success, but please know how much our players and I appreciate each and every one of you who choose to support us on game day.

As we hit the home stretch of the ACC schedule, we need your presence and enthusiasm more than ever…and we need it for four quarters. The student section is the epicenter of our home field advantage, and we need you louder than ever during the fourth quarter.

We have three home games remaining on the schedule, and I sincerely hope that each of you will continue to support us by packing that student section, dancing in the smoke, screaming on third down, joining us as we raise four fingers in the fourth quarter, and having a great time while you cheer on this team from the opening kick to the final whistle.

When that student section is packed, your presence, your voices, and your energy can truly create a home field advantage, and this season you have done an outstanding job! I really can’t say it enough, thank you all very much.

See you on Saturday!

Deserve Victory,

Al Golden
Head Football Coach
Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Advertisement
MeAnwhile in Tuscaloosa...

Nick Saban called out fans for leaving 52-0 win early. "All you have to do is come to the game, drink beer ... party in the parking lot."
From sportscenter twitter

Advertisement
As a high school coach in the state of Nebraska you can imagine female basketball players ages 14-18 are unaware of who Alfred "The Don" Golden is, thus I always wonder if I should give him credit for the "deserve victory" concept I preach to them or continue letting them think I came up with it as it's just way easier than explaining it stems from my man crush on a guy they never have and likely never will care too much about in their grand scheme of things

Advertisement
url

MeAnwhile in Tuscaloosa...

Nick Saban called out fans for leaving 52-0 win early. "All you have to do is come to the game, drink beer ... party in the parking lot."
From sportscenter twitter

Nick Saban is a ****.

Advertisement
I live in DC. If I live in Miami I would go to every home game. You guys in Miami don't know how good you have it.

Advertisement
Back