Golden's in home with Cook tonight

-Met with Cook's father and grand mom for an hour, and made up a plan to meet with Dalvin later in the evening, he told Canesport at 9:15 PM

-Talked to his family about how bad they need him and how he should stay home

-Says Canes are definitely under consideration

-Will make final decision after title game

-Main recruiter is Hurlie Brown, likes him a lot, talks to him about more than football

-Darling and Yearby are in his ear a lot, Golden had in-home visits with them also

-Thinks some days of staying home, says mostly everybody grew up a cane

-Decision will come down to being the most comfortable with coaching staff, says "Im very comfortable with the Miami coaching staff"

47.jpg
WTF?!? lol

Advertisement
If he met w/ Brewster from FSU I like our chances. He was such a dbag when he was the head coach up here. Used car sales guy all the way. The radio stations still play his crappy sound bites all the time making fun of him. He claimed he'd bring the gophers to the rose bowl. "Get your chili while it's hot boys" etc etc. All kinds of stupid slogans. All talk.

You might not like Brewster's sound bites, but he's renowned as one of the best recruiters in the game.

Advertisement
I hear ya Franchise - still though the stuff he said to the media and his pitches to recruits was so blatantly bad. If I was a recruit I would see right through it. He is renowned because he used to show up to high school games in helicopters etc. And most of the decent MN recruits would end up at other schools still (see Seantrel).

If he met w/ Brewster from FSU I like our chances. He was such a dbag when he was the head coach up here. Used car sales guy all the way. The radio stations still play his crappy sound bites all the time making fun of him. He claimed he'd bring the gophers to the rose bowl. "Get your chili while it's hot boys" etc etc. All kinds of stupid slogans. All talk.

You might not like Brewster's sound bites, but he's renowned as one of the best recruiters in the game.

Are we talking about Tim Brewster formerly of the woeful Minnesota Gophers fame?

I have no reason to doubt you Chise. I've just never heard of Brewster as a great recruiter. I know he was the laughing stock a weak Big 10 conference. Dude lost to South Dakota Coyotes...at home once.

Yeah the Gophers specifically hired him for his recruiting abilities. All show - no production. I believe he came from the Denver Broncos for 1 year as TE coach and before that on Mack Brown's staff. I'm tellin you Chise - the guy just comes off like a woman's sponge

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Social media lets you get right into the process; feel like I am watching an episode of Homeland.

Looks like Al Golden is out doing just what he should be and what we all want him to do. He might or might not close the deal but, again, he is doing the right thing. We don't know the kid's goals and if he wants to get away from Miami or stay home. Nonetheless, I also don't know how many are rooting for Golden in this deal but are screaming "f@ck Manny, Fire Dorito" in the last and next post.

If you are I bet that doesn't help. If a Canes board is loaded with crap about the D I wonder what UF & FSU coaches say. Maybe they just refer defense recruits to www.canesinsight.com and say if you don't believe us go see what Canes "fans" are saying.

Golden knows what's up and he is out there trying to fix it.

#istandwiththeU

Advertisement
Back