Golden's in home with Cook tonight

The team is building depth and a victory in the bowl game vs an SEC team will make the buzz continue to grow. Recruits are far more open to Miami now that the sanctions are done. Al has proved he can close (Tracy Howard) so I'm not worried about that. If Cook comes to Miami we welcome him and his superb talent. If he goes else where Golden will have another hungry recruit waiting to help bring Miami back to prominence. Coach Golden and the players have an " Either be part of it or watch as it happens" Mentality.

Advertisement

-Met with Cook's father and grand mom for an hour, and made up a plan to meet with Dalvin later in the evening, he told Canesport at 9:15 PM

-Talked to his family about how bad they need him and how he should stay home

-Says Canes are definitely under consideration

-Will make final decision after title game

-Main recruiter is Hurlie Brown, likes him a lot, talks to him about more than football

-Darling and Yearby are in his ear a lot, Golden had in-home visits with them also

-Thinks some days of staying home, says mostly everybody grew up a cane

-Decision will come down to being the most comfortable with coaching staff, says "Im very comfortable with the Miami coaching staff"

:fistbump:Thanks Tree

-Met with Cook's father and grand mom for an hour, and made up a plan to meet with Dalvin later in the evening, he told Canesport at 9:15 PM

-Talked to his family about how bad they need him and how he should stay home

-Says Canes are definitely under consideration

-Will make final decision after title game

-Main recruiter is Hurlie Brown, likes him a lot, talks to him about more than football

-Darling and Yearby are in his ear a lot, Golden had in-home visits with them also

-Thinks some days of staying home, says mostly everybody grew up a cane

-Decision will come down to being the most comfortable with coaching staff, says "Im very comfortable with the Miami coaching staff"

I absolutely love the fact that Yearby is pushing Cook to come to UM. He could be the feature back recruit, the main man, after Duke leaves, but instead he pushes for another top RB to come and share the workload, and glory, with him. That's a kid who has complete and total confidence in himself and his ability to shine no matter who else is there to take some of his reps. That attitude alone is worth a lot.

Whats going to sell this kid is the fact that things in Coral gables are on the up and up, and it is evident.. its not talk, its actions..its not this board full of TA:LKERS saying to blow the whole thing up because its light years from that, Al has this program skyrocketing and any moron talking against our momentum is not a fan.. I know Cook is coming here because we have Al and Al knows Miami football.

Advertisement
If he met w/ Brewster from FSU I like our chances. He was such a dbag when he was the head coach up here. Used car sales guy all the way. The radio stations still play his crappy sound bites all the time making fun of him. He claimed he'd bring the gophers to the rose bowl. "Get your chili while it's hot boys" etc etc. All kinds of stupid slogans. All talk.

You might not like Brewster's sound bites, but he's renowned as one of the best recruiters in the game.

Are we talking about Tim Brewster formerly of the woeful Minnesota Gophers fame?

I have no reason to doubt you Chise. I've just never heard of Brewster as a great recruiter. I know he was the laughing stock a weak Big 10 conference. Dude lost to South Dakota Coyotes...at home once.

He didn't win at MN. Never said he was a good HC. There are plenty of examples we're familiar with of great recruiters who are not great HCs. I'm telling you that this dude can recruit like a motherfcker. That's where he made his name and why he keeps getting jobs.

Who wants to play for these two clowns;)

142.gif

10.gif

Say want you want about the defense but Golden is a class act. I do not get that from Will or Jimbo. I believe Golden will right the ship. We have no depth at RB, we need Cook. Hope Golden can close on this one.

I'd go with this guy Cook:

Al-Golden-NCAA-2.jpg

Last edited:
If he met w/ Brewster from FSU I like our chances. He was such a dbag when he was the head coach up here. Used car sales guy all the way. The radio stations still play his crappy sound bites all the time making fun of him. He claimed he'd bring the gophers to the rose bowl. "Get your chili while it's hot boys" etc etc. All kinds of stupid slogans. All talk.

You might not like Brewster's sound bites, but he's renowned as one of the best recruiters in the game.

Are we talking about Tim Brewster formerly of the woeful Minnesota Gophers fame?

I have no reason to doubt you Chise. I've just never heard of Brewster as a great recruiter. I know he was the laughing stock a weak Big 10 conference. Dude lost to South Dakota Coyotes...at home once.

He didn't win at MN. Never said he was a good HC. There are plenty of examples we're familiar with of great recruiters who are not great HCs. I'm telling you that this dude can recruit like a motherfcker. That's where he made his name and why he keeps getting jobs.

Chise is right. When Dude was a Texas... he was the guy who recruited most of those studs UT when they won. He left the year before they won I believe. This guy sounds like some country bumpkin but in all reality .. He's from Jersey...

He's relentless on the trail BUT just don't know how much So. Florida Recruits will believe in his howdy doody BS... especially the highly recruited ones who usually have Teams best recruiters already on them.

JC

Advertisement
While we are at it let's analyze your position coaches, more clowns/turkeys:

2.jpeg

6.png

Or you can go with the Boss's Capo:

43.jpg

Advertisement
Having Cook and Yearby along with Duke, would be reminiscent of the Portis, McGahee, Gore run

Advertisement
JHova is John Herron, the varsity basketball coach at Southridge. He supposedly grew up with Lane's dad and uncles.

This kid is like a Stacey Coley. Land him and it elevates our offense to another level. He's incredibly special. Just a physical specimen.

Advertisement
Back