Golden to WIS rumors are alive again... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Heard this **** in the car and almost crashed!

Erase this ******* thread.

Anybody think maybe an opposing staff tried to put this out while Golden is visiting 2 JUCO kids today who have to decide in the next week or so? This game is dirty

Would not shock me one bit. Al's basically said that it's the media darling coaches who stir this **** up. The 'high character' guys like Jimbo Fisher, Frank Beamer, and Brian Kelly. **** 'em all.

Golden isn't a fool. He knows he was handed the keys (and a huge contact) to a juggernaut program during a down time with low expectations. If he builds up the U again is there really any other job that would be a step up? He'd be legendary if he stays here and wins.

People think he's gonna jump ship for ****** *** Wisconsin?

Lol:

Shadow @CaneRage
In addition to 119 jobs Al Golden has turned down a meeting with the Dos Equis man...making him the new "most interesting man in the world"

Advertisement
Golden trolled Thamel to counter any momentum Wiscy may have had in the Alex Collins sweepstakes.

Next thing you know he'll be in line to face Floyd Mayweather on May 4th

Or mulling an appointment from Barack Obama to join his cabinet

Folks, Im convinced 'the Tie' is staying at UM till he gets this **** thing done...

I'm Stealing from Some else (ThatCaneZo) on Twitter but I though its perfect for this thread

JC

AL Goden on Rumors.jpg

Advertisement
"Hey, Alex Collins, I know you're considering Wisconsin - I was offered the head coaching job at Wisconsin. I chose Miami, sanctions and all. This is the only place I want to be, because we're building something special here. That should tell you how much I believe in this program"

- Golden

Golden isn't a fool. He knows he was handed the keys (and a huge contact) to a juggernaut program during a down time with low expectations. If he builds up the U again is there really any other job that would be a step up? He'd be legendary if he stays here and wins.

People think he's gonna jump ship for ****ty *** Wisconsin?

Key word in your post is "if." And that's not looking great.

Advertisement
Sad state we are in where we are worried about losing a coach to Wisconsion. It was one thing when are coaches left for the NFL, but we aren't even considered above Wisky anymore. We really need to make a BCS bowl next year to get some positive momentum.
There's not a football corch alive with more than 2 brain cells in his head who would leave UM to go to Wisconsin.

You could be right, they have had far more success of late and it's a business driven on results. They also aren't looking at pending sanctions.

Sad state we are in where we are worried about losing a coach to Wisconsion. It was one thing when are coaches left for the NFL, but we aren't even considered above Wisky anymore. We really need to make a BCS bowl next year to get some positive momentum.
There's not a football corch alive with more than 2 brain cells in his head who would leave UM to go to Wisconsin.

You could be right, they have had far more success of late and it's a business driven on results. They also aren't looking at pending sanctions.

They lost 5 games this year in a horrible Big 10. And there aren't any recruits within driving distance of their campus. Al's got it made in the shade down here. He's a big picture long-term thinker, and he knows Wisconsin can't hold UM's jock with the right corch at the helm.

Advertisement
All of the talk about these schools wanting Golden make me more of a believer in Golden than before...he's a wanted commodity, for sure...

There might be a time though, when we may have to pony up more cash for ol boy...if he sees continued success, someone might be willing to plop down a nice sized chunk of change for him to move...

Stupid. If we aren't considered above Wisconsin, why isn't Al Golden on his way to a new job in Madison?

Stupid. If we aren't considered above Wisconsin, why isn't Al Golden on his way to a new job in Madison?

The fact that media sources are suggesting it as a possibility means that to some people (at least) we are not above them. Obviously Golden thinks differently, but seriously, can you say that Miami has been a better program than Wisconsin over the last 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back