Golden to WIS rumors are alive again... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Tramel trolling the **** out of me.

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Just got word that Al Golden is flattered by Alvarez's interest but staying at Miami.

Advertisement
Mull over means leverage for more $$$ at UM. This is a classic restructer move. Arkansas is a lesser job than UM and Belima left Wisconsin for Arkansas.

This is also a huge recruiting tool. Hey family/recruit, I've been offered 5 jobs and this is the place I want to be and will be for the future. Come play for me because I will see you through and this will be a dynasty.

Golden is no flake...if you were not on board jump on now!!!

Love Golden

Advertisement
Some mod erase this ****. It sickens me to even see it. Thamel is on my list now.

LOL Tramel trolling the **** out of me.

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel
Just got word that Al Golden is flattered by Alvarez's interest but staying at Miami.

I still cant believe Alvarez is considering Golden since Alvarez and Shalala are so close.

Lock this sh*t up: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/21391695/report-wisconsin-going-after-miamis-al-golden
Would you leave South Beach for Wisconsin? Miami's Al Golden wouldn't.

On Thursday Sports Illustrated's Pete Thamel reported that Miami's Al Golden, a favorite of Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez, had "emerged heavily" as a candidate and that he was "mulling a decision today." Well, Golden made that decision on Thursday not long after Thamel's original report, and his decision was to humbly decline Wisconsin's offer.

Man.... I expect more Ws in the future, for sure, but as a fan I'm pretty **** thankful how dedicated he has been to UM. I can't even lie.... if I were him it would be awful tempting to go take a regular job somewhere and not deal with the mess. Hope he knows that it's appreciated. Sure wish we could have some big crowds at games.

Advertisement
Sad state we are in where we are worried about losing a coach to Wisconsion. It was one thing when are coaches left for the NFL, but we aren't even considered above Wisky anymore. We really need to make a BCS bowl next year to get some positive momentum.

Man.... I expect more Ws in the future, for sure, but as a fan I'm pretty **** thankful how dedicated he has been to UM. I can't even lie.... if I were him it would be awful tempting to go take a regular job somewhere and not deal with the mess. Hope he knows that it's appreciated. Sure wish we could have some big crowds at games.

And hopefully it means the worst is over

Thamel is another idiot hack. He made it appear almost imminent in his first asinine tweet. Then, he found out the truth, which is that Al never even considered or entertained the thought of going there.

As for Al getting another raise let's put that on hold for awhile. He just worked UM for a 407 year extension after his first season. He doesn't need another one after his second. Go win, Al. This is where you belong.

Advertisement
Sad state we are in where we are worried about losing a coach to Wisconsion. It was one thing when are coaches left for the NFL, but we aren't even considered above Wisky anymore. We really need to make a BCS bowl next year to get some positive momentum.

Negged

Advertisement
There's not a football corch alive with more than 2 brain cells in his head who would leave UM to go to Wisconsin.

Luckily, for whatever he may or may not be able to do on gameday, this m'f'er is a big picture guy. And, in the big picture, you don't trade potentially long-term jackpots for short-term security and/or avoidance of trouble.

"That's why no one will remember your name." - Al "Achilles" Golden

Anybody think maybe an opposing staff tried to put this out while Golden is visiting 2 JUCO kids today who have to decide in the next week or so? This game is dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back