Golden Quote of Recruiting

Advertisement
Attitude and Confidence at the top is something we have dearly missed around here. This type mentality will spread through the team like a wildfire.

And it's not like your telling the kid don't look around, but letting them know if you leave we will find another player to take your spot, and it's not likely to be a plan Z kid.
It's a bit more than that. You're telling them if they're still looking, their spot isn't certain.

That is it exactly. Even better, we find someone better, you're out.

Gulliver Prep??? Isn't that 1A/2A. Fairly weak comp.

Those days are coming to an end....

Competition at 2A/3A/4A keeps getting better and better.

Also understand that Gulliver is in the same district as Booker T.

University and Chaminade are "small" schools, etc etc.

Sean T played at Gulli, and back then guys like that were the exception...thats changing

Advertisement
Gulliver is now 5A and there is always at least one D1 player each year that comes out of there. Look at Conner Vernon at Duke. I'm pretty sure he made 2nd team All ACC for Duke. Kid is a stud and came out of Gulliver. The same year Frankie Telfort came out of Gulliver. He went to USC and was in the ESPN U 150 but had a heart condition and can't play. Also tacoi sumler last year espnU 150 athlete went to Gulliver but transfered

Sean T played at Gulli, and back then guys like that were the exception...thats changing

Thanks. I went to FCS back in the day. I didn't realize that level was stepping up that much.

Advertisement

Thanks. I went to FCS back in the day. I didn't realize that level was stepping up that much.

Unfortunately they havent joined the party.

82 - Gulliver is usually able to recruit a couple of D-1-level prospects to their football/baseball teams.

Definitely a school you want to have ties to.

Unfortunately they havent joined the party.

LOL, yeah. Now baseball on the other hand.

Advertisement
82 - Gulliver is usually able to recruit a couple of D-1-level prospects to their football/baseball teams.

Definitely a school you want to have ties to.

Yeah, the whole Dade county system has changed a bit since I was there.

Is Loyola still putting out baseball talent?

Yeah there's a few private schools in Miami that are starting to bring kids in more and more for football. I know Westminster is doing it and Gulliver has always done it. ****, AJ Leggett played there last year.

[Is Loyola still putting out baseball talent?[/QUOTE]

It no longer exists. Property sold years ago and transformed into SFH.

:D

Advertisement
He's been going to 5-6 schools on average everyday, he's working his butt off. Good to see him so dedicated.

This is his time. Afte the bowl season every coach will be on the road. I think dude realizes he needs to capitalize on the next couple weeks.

Advertisement
Back