Golden Quote of Recruiting

Man Please...Golden is reaching....How many no star kids ever amounted to anything for Miami? This guy sucks balls...We hope hes gonna be good because thats all we have is hope so you ******* cling to it like a ******* fly to ****..your too scared to admit that Hunter wells sucks balls, Richard alexis also sucks balls, danny dillard sux balls...This ish is stupid..None of these guys willl ever play here but it hurts our depth we are building the depth of a Mac team... if these guys have to play we are ****ed

Corch's butt buddy comin to save the day.

LOL You always have *** hats who think every recruit is going to be good. I remember reading how Daniel Adderly was a hidden gem..lol No he sucks and I knew he was going to suck....90% of these guys suck on video and they will suck on real life..You guys are seeing things that arent there. You see it because you wanna see it.. this guy terry film looks **** of average and you know it along with a lot of these guys.. Shannon reached too on a bunch of scrubs when will we learn. I put money these guys never sees the field

Advertisement
Sounds like most people think he's taking what he can get because our brand is down. I am suggesting he's going after just the type of kids he wants.

I don't think its as easy as "getting what he can" and/or "getting who he wants"...I think its both. He's not taking guys just to take guys...he's getting guys he and the staff are evaluating in several environments...but at the same time, he has to fill a class of what he believes is 35 and its not exactly easy to recruit at Miami like it used to be, so, there is going to be some players that might be questionable or players that are being recruited by lower end schools. We're not going to get 35 high end three, four, and five star recruits whether that is what Golden wants or not.

With that said, you don't take guys like Jantavious Carter, D'Mauri Jones, Ereck Flowers, Witt and Gray Crow when we took them, without feeling confident on some level in their future role on the team. And we took a lot of the "outta da woodwerks" players like O'Donnell, Hope, Hollifield, etc after seeing them up close and in person at camp...most of them being the MVP at their respective groups at the camp.

Funny enough, players like Carter, Jones, Flowers, and Witt, while early offers and commits, and potentially questionable at the time by the masses because they were unknowns, have had very very very good senior seasons to justify those offers, IMO.

I don't disagree with what you wrote. But the point I'm making is that IMO, he's getting the kind of kids he wants, and if there's an element of Getting what he can going on, it's a lesser factor than people are making it out to be. I'd note that he hasn't even been chasing many if any high profile kids. AG knows how to sell. He could land a few. He certainly isnt afraid to try. But he hasn't made that a priority, seemingly at all. Maybe he'll change focus after the BC game. I just suspect that this is more to his plan that people are realizing.

LULZ at the thought that Saban "immediately came in and recruited stars". His national title team's leaders were guys like Arenas and Cody, neither of whom were highly recruited guys in South Florida. A majority of the upperclassmen on that team were 3 star guys. His supposedly "more talented" teams since then have failed to accomplish what that team did, including this one which couldn't go undefeated. These kids haven't had the ability to prove themselves, so no it's not a fact and using a butthurt agenda as a way of making a point is laughable.

Last edited:
Also, how in the **** can anyone in here say with a straight face that this is or isn't Golden's plan and that these are players he HAS to settle for an not players he wants. Just the simple fact that people are trying to speak for Golden shows how pathetic their agenda is.

we have some STUDS in this class.
- Like stated i like that the "reaches' were guys they got to eyeball for 3-4 days in person...these were guys that earned their schollie...unlike randy/coker reaching off word of mouth from one of their homeboys.
- The size of these guys..were getting back to bringing in guys with mass...the only slight guys we have are a few of our cbs...Flowers/Gadbois are some grown *** men. Northrup/Kirby/Witt can play right away if need be....all of the wr's have size.
-I'm giving him a pass on a few guys....because their are 1-2 head scratchers...but it seems to be ALOT more organized...that "CORE VALUE" thing he speaks about...he seems to seek out of his recruits....This guy Gabe Terry we just got...this kid will run through a wall right now because hes a guy who had to earn a schollie work his way to get here...he wont come in with an ego...I'm not that excited with Terry but i know kid likely would play his heart out to be a Cane.

J.Carter out of GA, Duke Johnson, Flowers, Witt, are guys i feel the same way about....

wish we finish strong with 5-6 more guys...
Bush
Garnett/Isadora one of the two at guard.
Juco DE and DT (samoan kids),
Travell Dixon/Tony Grimes
Sean Price/ Will Johnson at te

Good post, GG. The size of this class stands out. Golden is a big player development guy, so he gets guys who have the size/speed he can work with and the attitude to be willing to learn.

Advertisement
I guess my problem is, it's just like deja vu on some of these kids. The reality is we could sign a chimpanzee and somehow someway he'd be cleaned up to where he isn't as bad of a prospect as he really is.

Plus, we seem to change our stance when it's convenient. Now all of a sudden we like that Golden got to watch guys in a camp setting? What happened to guys actually producing on the field,and not being camp warriors? Some of these kids' production was a concern,but got offers because Golden saw them "up close and personal" at a camp. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Actually, I do know how I feel about that. I don't like it.

Man Please...Golden is reaching....How many no star kids ever amounted to anything for Miami? This guy sucks balls...We hope hes gonna be good because thats all we have is hope so you ******* cling to it like a ******* fly to ****..your too scared to admit that Hunter wells sucks balls, Richard alexis also sucks balls, danny dillard sux balls...This ish is stupid..None of these guys willl ever play here but it hurts our depth we are building the depth of a Mac team... if these guys have to play we are ****ed

Corch's butt buddy comin to save the day.

LOL You always have *** hats who think every recruit is going to be good. I remember reading how Daniel Adderly was a hidden gem..lol No he sucks and I knew he was going to suck....90% of these guys suck on video and they will suck on real life..You guys are seeing things that arent there. You see it because you wanna see it.. this guy terry film looks **** of average and you know it along with a lot of these guys.. Shannon reached too on a bunch of scrubs when will we learn. I put money these guys never sees the field
LOL look at whitevern deepthroating randy in all his posts....

Yeah, well, there were a lot of other really good players at the camp who WEREN'T offered. In fact, I've seen threads everywhere asking the same questions, "Why hasn't Miami offered ___________?" Then go on to talk about what a baller they are. Obviously, there was something wrong there.

I think some here would be tickled if Golden made a hard and fast recruiting rule, "We only take five stars."

That would be brilliant.

Sure would save a lot of time. We could offer five stars, be done with that task in a week, and sit back and see what happens on Signing Day.

Just be so much easier.

Advertisement
It's interesting to see all of the "fortune tellers" telling their "fortunes". The fact of the matter is this: WE WON'T KNOW UNTIL WE SEE THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. Obviously we have various lenses we view things through, but the reality is none of us knows what's going on in AG's head. We only know he's been successful in the past and can only hope that success carries over for us. With that said, I really want Diggs, Goldman, Bush, and Howard.

Yeah, well, there were a lot of other really good players at the camp who WEREN'T offered. In fact, I've seen threads everywhere asking the same questions, "Why hasn't Miami offered ___________?" Then go on to talk about what a baller they are. Obviously, there was something wrong there.

I think some here would be tickled if Golden made a hard and fast recruiting rule, "We only take five stars."

That would be brilliant.

Sure would save a lot of time. We could offer five stars, be done with that task in a week, and sit back and see what happens on Signing Day.

Just be so much easier.

I'm sure not one of those that simply want all 5 stars,and I've never said anything close to that. Again,I readily admit I'm no expert,but I can give my opinion. It concerns me when the production isn't there, but a guy was offered because of a camp. Those guys are running around in tshirts and shorts.

Last edited:
- Like stated i like that the "reaches' were guys they got to eyeball for 3-4 days in person...these were guys that earned their schollie...unlike randy/coker reaching off word of mouth from one of their homeboys.
- The size of these guys..were getting back to bringing in guys with mass...the only slight guys we have are a few of our cbs...Flowers/Gadbois are some grown *** men. Northrup/Kirby/Witt can play right away if need be....all of the wr's have size.
-I'm giving him a pass on a few guys....because their are 1-2 head scratchers...but it seems to be ALOT more organized...that "CORE VALUE" thing he speaks about...he seems to seek out of his recruits....This guy Gabe Terry we just got...this kid will run through a wall right now because hes a guy who had to earn a schollie work his way to get here...he wont come in with an ego...I'm not that excited with Terry but i know kid likely would play his heart out to be a Cane.

J.Carter out of GA, Duke Johnson, Flowers, Witt, are guys i feel the same way about....

Bush

Solid post. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really said all that we needed to know when Golden said something along the lines of "there are guys with 10 offers that we knew right away couldn't play for us" when referring to his camps (paraphrasing of course). That face-time evaluation period is worth its weight in gold.

And in regards to the NFL - while ES may eventually be proven correct about the NFL factor - I honestly couldn't care less. What I want to see is positive results at the University of Miami - and just as importantly, I want to see kids that will represent the University with class and honor. With Golden so focused on his set of "core values" I think that will take care of itself.

And hopefully some of these kids will work themselves into NFL superstars.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I feel really, really good about the future of this program.

Also, how in the **** can anyone in here say with a straight face that this is or isn't Golden's plan and that these are players he HAS to settle for an not players he wants. Just the simple fact that people are trying to speak for Golden shows how pathetic their agenda is.

What an awful post. You think we shouldn't discuss things because we don't know the future? So why are you here?

Advertisement

Bush

Solid post. I agree with you wholeheartedly. It really said all that we needed to know when Golden said something along the lines of "there are guys with 10 offers that we knew right away couldn't play for us" when referring to his camps (paraphrasing of course). That face-time evaluation period is worth its weight in gold.

And in regards to the NFL - while ES may eventually be proven correct about the NFL factor - I honestly couldn't care less. What I want to see is positive results at the University of Miami - and just as importantly, I want to see kids that will represent the University with class and honor. With Golden so focused on his set of "core values" I think that will take care of itself.

And hopefully some of these kids will work themselves into NFL superstars.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I feel really, really good about the future of this program.

Great post! Golden is recruiting 'his' type of players that fit 'his' scheme and core values. I love former players like Spencer Adkins and Marcus Robinson but those guys had no business being recruited here. They didnt fit RS scheme. They are 3-4 edge rushers and RS was a 4-3 cover 2 guy. I loved Willie Williams' potential, but clearly he was a guy who felt he didnt need to put in the work or learn the playbook. There are plenty more examples of players like this that have come through our great program lately.

Golden is putting together a TEAM. Virginia has really made us work for a win lately and they aren't exactly recruiting powerhouses. They are a TEAM tho... I like what Golden is doing. He plans on developing players who want to proudly wear THE U on the side of their helmet and will put in the work. These recuits aren't slouches guys!

If anything, I love the pickups for one reason... It means Golden plans on staying and restoring the program. He's recruiting for 4-5 years from now and not next year, which is something some of you have gotten use too! This is how you build a TEAM. There are maybe 10 Freshman and/or Sophomores leading NCAA Division I teams right now. Its never a good thing to depend on 1st or 2nd year players. I expect the next couple of years to be 8-4 seasons, but when this group enters their 3rd year.... WATCH OUT!

Exactly... take a look at all the 5 stars at FSU vs The Team that Virginia has developed and their Depth. And now the Hokies could be the ACCCG champ before FSU and Miami.

JC

Advertisement
LOL, discussing the future and stating an opinion on players you feel should or shouldnt be here is completely different from speaking for Golden and his recruiting philosiphy. If you feel uneasy about some recruits thats normal, debate away. Stating that Golden is approaching recruiting a certain way as fact when you truthfully have no clue what his approach is reeks of an agenda that only leads to stupidity and useless arguing over hypothetical nonsense only Golden and his staff would know anyway.

LOL, discussing the future and stating an opinion on players you feel should or shouldnt be here is completely different from speaking for Golden and his recruiting philosiphy. If you feel uneasy about some recruits thats normal, debate away. Stating that Golden is approaching recruiting a certain way as fact when you truthfully have no clue what his approach is reeks of an agenda that only leads to stupidity and useless arguing over hypothetical nonsense only Golden and his staff would know anyway.
Sorry, but you sound clueless. There's plenty of evidence of how golden's approached recruiting to support a good discussion on the topic. If your only point is that some people on an Internet message board don't appropriately qualify their posts with clauses like 'i think,' and 'it seems to me that,' then you are the biggest waste of bandwidth on this site. Let me give you a hint about how to engage in Internet discussions: don't obsess about missing modifiers and qualifiers unless they nature of the discussion itself hinges on those terms.

And exactly what is your evidence that Golden is simply settling and not taking players he wants???? My point is that in this thread alone, the subject has been followed with the phrase "its a fact" when nothing can show that its more than hypothetical nonsense. Funny you mention a waste of bandwidth cause there is plenty of it being trolled up by certain people. Thanks for your hints and clues but Im not the one who needs a lesson on the difference between actual reality and personal preception. I dont need someone to state that its their opinion when its obvious from the post itself, but I also dont buy delusion based on being butthurt over old coaches and their firing.

Great thread, E!

Some random thoughts from SFbay:

* Coach Golden's approach is very NFL-esque. He favors the combine method of evaluation. As well, he seems to favor the kids who look the part.
* Coach Goldens approach is also very Penn State-esque. He favors kids from 2 parent homes, homes that have a college parent, etc... (I've mentioned already that my fear is that this turns into a concerning aspect of coach Goldens tenure. I dont want UM to be a place where at risk talent is not welcome. - I think we'll know more after the 2013 class)
* I am more excited about the 3 star kids in this class than I am the 4 stars (speaking of Jelani HAmilton & Keith Brown (no longer a commit)).
* We have some serious talent in this 2012 class.
* We have a small handful of reaches in this class. I have no problem with a handful of reaches.
* Again, time will tell but from what Ive seen, coach Golden takes an educated, professional approach to recruiting. While the results have yet to be measured, the process seems solid.

Advertisement
Back