Golden press conference notes

Great to hear about Cleveland, even though Walford made some strides last year we seriously lacked good TE play becuz of Asante being out. I think this year we'll need the TE play to be at the top level to help out our WRs and Qb.

Didn't even think about McDonald taking over after Fisch very possible, good call there Problem.

Glad to see Ray putting in the work, I've said before disappointed in McGee he should know better.

Am I the only one that thinks none of the freshman DE's get redshirted cuz we have no true guy to play on the other side from Chickilo? I'm really interested in seeing how conditioned Jelani Hamilton comes in the summer and where his knee is at. Losing Ojomo really screwed us.

Glad to see Crawford has regained his quickness, Golden make an interesting comment about trying find him a position that fits him best then just RB. I wonder if he means moving him around on the offense or back to Defense? I'm guessing the development of Thurston will be the ultimate decision on whether Dallas will be on Offense or Defense come opening game.

Advertisement
That Canesport roster is wrong. Pierre and Grimble are 300+.

I think a lot of people are missing out on a huge tidbit: 31 players are benching 225 20+ times. Last year: 11. 6 players are benching 225 30+ times. Last year: 0.

Also, 4 DTs are benching 225 30+ times.

That is a huge gain team-wise.

defiantly cant say they didn't get it done in the S&C part...

yeah that fact wasnt lost on me either, glad someone brought it up...how huge is that? to have that many guys with that kind of strength....man im pumped about that. and the 4 dts repping it 30+...megafap

Huge strenght gains for our squad. Golden needed a stronger team and worked it. I thought Kirby, Witt, and Denzel weighed more than their listed numbers. 4 DT's throwing up 225 30x, NICE! Really excited to see what Hagens, Ambrister, Asante, and Dorsett do this spring/season.

I don;t expect much this year, but it will be fun watching the youth movement but painful watching the final death throws of Shannonism.

Advertisement
The football board on here has really gone to ****.

Sorry. I had to light Chicken's *** up and hold him accountable. I am sorry about the language, but these characters like Chicken need to be held accountable when they label other posts as "completely stupid" only to later find out that those other posts were 100% correct.

Lol at you ***** slapping anyone. The only slapping you've seen is your boyfriends nuts rhythmic slapping on your chin. not a god**** thing you've said was 100% correct. You've dreamt up some fantasy that golden saying mcgee hasn't stepped it up to mean that he's gone. Ray Ray wasn't even listed last year at this same time. The only thing that proves is that you do in fact want mcgee gone, so you twist any little thing golden says to try and prove yourself right.

You guys should have your argument in private chat. Otherwise, It is great to see the team get so much stronger. Hope to see it on the field.

Advertisement
Re: Rico Williams, I hear he is doing much better after struggling early.

IMO, he put on too much bad weight trying to bulk up. Fast players should stay fast. He's not going to become Kenny Mixon, he's a speed rusher.

Like MRob?

I dont understand the Mcghee diss... Didn't he play QB in high school.. I don't remember the kid ever playing corner coming out of high school, but Im pretty sure I'm wrong.

McGee played CB as a SR. Joe Haden didn't play any CB until he got to UF, and we know how that worked out. If McGee had the work ethic he would be productive.

hawaii/chicken - please.... tread carefully. Take it to PM if it's going to disrupt the thread. Thanks.

D$ - w/r/t Armbrister - I was pretty disappointed to see him unlisted on the depth chart.

Advertisement
LOL at someone thinking they are going to ask our best corner to graduate early and leave the team. He may not be great, but he's the best one we have, with the most experience under his belt. No way they kick him to the curb unless he has some non-football issues. Golden called out a few guys in almost the exact same way after last season's conditioning (Seantrel, Ray Ray), they are still here.

Thanks, Problem2. Couple questions though.

Rico Williams at 220? Pierre at 265? Porter at 300?

I was hoping to see Grimble a little higher too.

Yea I remember hearing a few weeks back someone claiming Rico Williams was up to 250 or so. Which at the time seemed about impossible given what he came in at unless alot of that was bad weight. I'd think he still needs another year at least before he can play... at his height (6'5) 220 isn't big at all. I'm 6'6 and i generally weigh 225-230 and people think I'm thin. Wasn't tommy streeter like 220 or so?

hawaii/chicken - please.... tread carefully. Take it to PM if it's going to disrupt the thread. Thanks.

D$ - w/r/t Armbrister - I was pretty disappointed to see him unlisted on the depth chart.

Same, I've been hearing good things about him. Apparently, he more than looks the part.

Definitely a player I'm getting excited about. Sounds like the potential is there

Advertisement
Am I the only one that thinks none of the freshman DE's get redshirted cuz we have no true guy to play on the other side from Chickilo? I'm really interested in seeing how conditioned Jelani Hamilton comes in the summer and where his knee is at. Losing Ojomo really screwed us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that RS happens until late summer, before the first game and I believe can happen at any point after depending on injuries, etc.

whew

Golden finally got the team on juice

nice!

But will they be conditioned enough to play a full game without getting tired?

I don't remember where I saw the numbers, but we played 20+ fewer players in many games compared to our opponents last year. Against FSU, we played almost 30 fewer players. I don't think it was as much an issue of us not being in good enough shape, but lacking enough talented players in many situations.

On the ricardo williams weight issue. He is 250 they just havent updated all of the weight for all the players. How can someone gain bad weight if the kid was redshirted and had plentyof time to gain weight and muscle. Im pretty sure they have kids a on strict diet. lol

Advertisement
Back