Golden press conference notes

Yea, because depth charts based on how offseason programs really prove your point. How was Spencer Whipple this past year as our starting QB?

Not depth charts. Read Golden's ***king words in the OP. You cant read between the lines, slowpoke??? Golden has pretty much stated that McGee is in serious danger of being asked to "graduate" or transfer.

"McGee “should be better than he is,” Golden said. “No excuse. That’s it, end of story.”

McGee gave up running track “and wanted to focus on football and didn’t work as hard as other guys in those [conditioning] areas,” Golden said"

:ibisroflmao:

We've got 90 ***king kids scheduled to be here in August. Golden has repeated that he expects us to be at 80ish. That means either a bunch of 2012 kids dont qualify or we are going to have to jettison a bunch of underperformers and scrubs to get down to that 80 figure. You have to be a brain dead ****** not to consider McGee at least a ***king decent POSSIBILITY that he will be one of the ones asked to leave. Yet you thought i was completely stupid for even thinking that McGee could be let go.

lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
All personal bickering aside, it definitely looks like Golden is saying "shape up or ship out".

At risk of being the "play the freshmen!" guy would it really surprise anyone if Howard and maybe Crawford or others walked onto campus and outplayed McGee?

Yea, because depth charts based on how offseason programs really prove your point. How was Spencer Whipple this past year as our starting QB?

Not depth charts. Read Golden's ***king words in the OP. You cant read between the lines, slowpoke??? Golden has pretty much stated that McGee is in serious danger of being asked to "graduate" or transfer.

"McGee “should be better than he is,” Golden said. “No excuse. That’s it, end of story.”

McGee gave up running track “and wanted to focus on football and didn’t work as hard as other guys in those [conditioning] areas,” Golden said"

We've got 90 ***king kids scheduled to be here in August. Golden has repeated that he expects us to be at 80ish. That means either a bunch of 2012 kids dont qualify or we are going to have to jettison a bunch of underperformers and scrubs to get down to that 80 figure. You have to be a brain dead ****** not to consider McGee at least a ***king decent POSSIBILITY that he will be one of the ones asked to leave. Yet you thought i was completely stupid for even thinking that McGee could be let go.

lol.

No you stupid sack of excrement. You said McGee should have been kicked off even before Spring started. Before we needed to get rid of anyone because the majority of those freshman wouldn't be showing up until the Summer. So we're supposed to roll with just Hope who weighs 160lbs soaking wet? Or Keion Payne, who's probably the worst out of all our CBs? WTF has he done that he should still be on this team? And that's what you wanna roll with throughout Spring? You're a ******* idiot. Your mother should have swallowed you when she had the chance.

Aldarius Johnson and Kendall Thompkins were starters on last years first depth chart. How did they do this past year?

All personal bickering aside, it definitely looks like Golden is saying "shape up or ship out".

At risk of being the "play the freshmen!" guy would it really surprise anyone if Howard and maybe Crawford or others walked onto campus and outplayed McGee?

Yes.

I think its fairly obvious that Golden is going with the youth movement. Otherwise, i dont know why he would repeat the fact that we are going to be at 80 come August when we dont have to be. Unless he expects 10 2012 kids to not qualify, we will need to be jettisoning a lot of current deadweight to get to that 80 figure.

I think Golden wants to win as many games as he can in 2012 of course, but my guess is that he is willing to sacrifice the short term benefit of playing "experienced" guys in order to get HIS guys (the 2011-2012 kids) the gametime they need to develop and dominate in 2013 and beyond. I think with DBs specifically, not only is McGee in trouble, i think Payne and particularly Davon Johnson are both also dangerously close to the "transfer/graduate" stage. We didnt take 7+ CBs to amass a 11 CB depth chart. lol.

Advertisement
Offense

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
1.jpg
A. Johnson
L. Byrd
M. Bunche
S. Henderson
B. Linder
H. Gunn
T. Horn
S. McDermott
B. Washington
J. Wheeler
J. Johnson
B. Jones
J. Barton
J. Calhoun
C. Ford
B. Ayles
C. Walford
C. White
K. Thompkins
T. Benjamin
8.jpg
S. Whipple
J. Harris
S. Morris
9.jpg
M. James
S. Johnson
L. Miller

We should have kicked Lamar Miller off the team last year in the spring. Dude was a waste.

I expect Howard, Bush and Crawford to play as Freshman. It's now or never for McGee.

lol.

No you stupid sack of excrement. You said McGee should have been kicked off even before Spring started. Before we needed to get rid of anyone because the majority of those freshman wouldn't be showing up until the Summer. So we're supposed to roll with just Hope who weighs 160lbs soaking wet? Or Keion Payne, who's probably the worst out of all our CBs? WTF has he done that he should still be on this team? And that's what you wanna roll with throughout Spring? You're a ****ing idiot. Your mother should have swallowed you when she had the chance.

Aldarius Johnson and Kendall Thompkins were starters on last years first depth chart. How did they do this past year?

Are you a ***king ******??? Learn how to READ, dummy.

"I think if we end up with both Crawford and Howard, that would mean SEVEN cornerbacks in this class not even including AJL or Waters (who i think should stay at WR). That is pretty much an entire roster's worth of CBs. To me, it would signal that Davon Johnson and Keion Payne arent long for this program, and that Golden might even go balls to the wall REBUILD from the ground up and thank McGee for his services and ask him to graduate (i just get the impression that the coaches dont really have faith in McGee). We would have to endure the growing pains of a CB rotation filled entirely by first and second year players but it might be worth it to take our lumps now then waste a year with a 5th year kid that really hasnt shown much."

WHen the **** DID I EVER SAY THAT McGee SHOULD be let go?? When the **** DID I EVER SAY that Mcgee should be let go BEFORE THE SPRING??? lol.

Just sit down, boy, and take your punishment. I just bitc*slapped you up and down this forum. lol. Some people need to learn when to shut their piehole when grownups are talking.

I expect Howard, Bush and Crawford to play as Freshman. It's now or never for McGee.

Yeah man I hear ya there. If Bush gets on the field early, watch out! I give an edge to Crawford over Bush for early PT but when we talk about ceilings, there might not he a higher one in this class than Bush.

Advertisement
Why couldn't ray ray "get it" when Shantard was here? Oh yeah, because coaching up players is overrated and players motivate themselves.

lol.

No you stupid sack of excrement. You said McGee should have been kicked off even before Spring started. Before we needed to get rid of anyone because the majority of those freshman wouldn't be showing up until the Summer. So we're supposed to roll with just Hope who weighs 160lbs soaking wet? Or Keion Payne, who's probably the worst out of all our CBs? WTF has he done that he should still be on this team? And that's what you wanna roll with throughout Spring? You're a ****ing idiot. Your mother should have swallowed you when she had the chance.

"I think if we end up with both Crawford and Howard, that would mean SEVEN cornerbacks in this class not even including AJL or Waters (who i think should stay at WR). That is pretty much an entire roster's worth of CBs. To me, it would signal that Davon Johnson and Keion Payne arent long for this program, and that Golden might even go balls to the wall REBUILD from the ground up and thank McGee for his services and ask him to graduate (i just get the impression that the coaches dont really have faith in McGee). We would have to endure the growing pains of a CB rotation filled entirely by first and second year players but it might be worth it to take our lumps now then waste a year with a 5th year kid that really hasnt shown much."

WHen the **** DID I EVER SAY THAT McGee SHOULD be let go?? When the **** DID I EVER SAY that Mcgee should be let go BEFORE THE SPRING??? lol.

Just sit down, boy, and take your punishment. I just bitc*slapped you up and down this forum. lol. Some people need to learn when to shut their piehole when grownups are talking.

So you're sitting there saying the coaches should thank McGee for his time and tell him to graduate, but that's not getting rid of him and telling him to bounce? You sound like lrg's skin-flute playing *** with his arguments, hedging his claims. You just said right there they should drop him. Doesn't matter if it's through graduation or not. That is still dropping him from the football team.

lol @ at your little ****** face *** ***** slapping anyone. Take your **** sucker back CaneInsider.

lol.

So you're sitting there saying the coaches should thank McGee for his time and tell him to graduate, but that's not getting rid of him and telling him to bounce? You sound like lrg's skin-flute playing *** with his arguments, hedging his claims. You just said right there they should drop him. Doesn't matter if it's through graduation or not. That is still dropping him from the football team.

lol @ at your little ****** face *** **** slapping anyone. Take your **** sucker back CaneInsider.

Now you're backtracking and hedging like a little punk. lol. I was RIGHT and you were WRONG and you're too much of a chump to admit it and take your lumps.

:rollcanes:

All i've been doing is using my ***king brain to figure out that McGee is in danger of not being around here much longer and Golden just PROVED I WAS 100% right with his quotes today. What the **** do you think happens to McGee if he fails Phase 2?? You think he's still going to be around come August?? lol. A ***king chimpanzee could figure this shi* out but somehow you can't????

Golden didn't prove **** but say he needs to get it together. Same **** he said about Ray Ray last year when both Rodgers and Highsmith were ahead of him at this point in time as well. Tell me how Whipple, Johnson, and Thompkins did since they were clearly some of our best players last year as you can see on that depth chart. Your little ***** *** went running your mouth like an idiot, as always, saying whatever dumb idea comes to that pile of **** in your head. No one backtracked. You said they should tell him to graduate and move on. That means you think he should've have been kicked off the team. Take your stupid *** back to school if you don't know how to word your sentences properly.

Advertisement

I honestly think any CB we brought in this year can beat out McGee

I'll bet that McGee will be on the team in the fall. There are at least 10-15 guys that I can think of that will go before him (outside of an arrest or something like that).

Golden didn't prove **** but say he needs to get it together. Same **** he said about Ray Ray last year when both Rodgers and Highsmith were ahead of him at this point in time as well. Tell me how Whipple, Johnson, and Thompkins did since they were clearly some of our best players last year as you can see on that depth chart. Your little ***** *** went running your mouth like an idiot, as always, saying whatever dumb idea comes to that pile of **** in your head. No one backtracked. You said they should tell him to graduate and move on. That means you think he should've have been kicked off the team. Take your stupid *** back to school if you don't know how to word your sentences properly.

lmao, keep reaching, pus**y. You're twisting yourself into knots trying to extricate yourself out of the shi*pile you created for yourself with your idiotic comments.

:rollcanes:

Just admit that i was right when i said that the coaches MIGHT let McGee go. Just admit it and man up. Don't be a coward. I wont bitc*slap you anymore if you do. lol.

Advertisement
I'll bet that McGee will be on the team in the fall. There are at least 10-15 guys that I can think of that will go before him (outside of an arrest or something like that).

FWIW, I agree with you. Golden has talked at long length about how different guys need to be treated in different ways to get the best out of them. I think thats what he is doing and I dont think McGee is going anywhere, but he is running out of chances.

What's funny is that we had a bunch of geniuses like Chicken n Roffles telling me i was "completely stupid" when I implied that McGee might not even be with the team come fall. They went on and on about how he was our "best CB" and all that other garbage.

Where you at, Chicken??? lmao. I guess you're the one looking pretty stupid now.

This kid hasnt done a **** thing in four years here and is easily in the danger zone of being asked to "graduate".
in all fairness to him.......this past year mcgee probably was our best corner......but that was the equivalent of being the smartest sped in a special ed class

he was the best smelling **** in the pile

finnie was a true freshman......and we had nothing else.......so last year it isnt really a stretch to say mcgee was our best corner.......which is why we brought in as many corners as we did

If McGee doesn't get his **** together by the end of Spring Golden needs to boot him. No need in keeping one of Shannon's kids around if he's going to be cancerous and not contribute anything positive. Get rid of the bad apples before all the freshman come in so they aren't negatively influenced.

Advertisement
Back