Golden on the offensive line

Wow. This is some good discussion.. I gotta jump in this..

1) To the poster who said our OL are a bunch of p*ssies because we didnt challenge UF mano y mano in the middle of the ring to fight. (paraphrasing) Dude you are somewhat of a respectable poster from the rep you have. This is really odd for you to say. Did you see how the Bucs GAVE the game away because of a 15 yard penalty caused by Lavonte David hitting Geno Smith CLEARLY out of bounds? Personal foul penalties in games can kill you especially big games. Our guys played smart. Let UF pillow talk to they chicks how they punked our guys, took our manhood, Floyd Mayweather'd us, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, we will take the W just fine, thanks.

2) While Seantrel didnt have a game like he did against Werner last year. I thought he played more then solid. Flowers had a solid game. Linder and Feliciano played ok and McDerm was just over matched. Im just not comfortable judging these guys off this game to be honest. When Warren Sapp took Zach Wiergert TO SCHOOL in the 94' Orange bowl game against Nebraska nobody reallly killed Weigert for it because A)It was Warren Sapp and B) They won. (Weigert was the best OLineman in the country that year BTW) I would rather judge these guys off of the Vtechs and UNCs of the world.

3) BUT with all that said, I am starting to lean toward the fact that this Oline group could be a tad overrated. Kinda like our 2002 Dline. You know theres talent. You know these guys will be playing on Sundays. We just cant figure out why they cant be absolutely DOMINATE. Real Head scratcher. Maybe its scheme. But whatever it is, I hope its not the reason we dont win the ACC Coastal and get at least 10 wins this year. Because Vtech and FSU Dlines are gonna give us trouble as well.

Advertisement
I know at the end of the first half, our OL made a point to stand toe to toe with those ****** *** Gators to let them know that they weren't intimidated.

For the season

Sacks Allowed: FAU 1, UF 1 (Total Allowed 2)

TFL Allowed: FAU 4, UF 9 (Total Allowed 13)

Rushing Yards: FAU 303, UF 50 (Total 353)

Hopefully a WIP.

Wow. This is some good discussion.. I gotta jump in this..

1) To the poster who said our OL are a bunch of p*ssies because we didnt challenge UF mano y mano in the middle of the ring to fight. (paraphrasing) Dude you are somewhat of a respectable poster from the rep you have. This is really odd for you to say. Did you see how the Bucs GAVE the game away because of a 15 yard penalty caused by Lavonte David hitting Geno Smith CLEARLY out of bounds? Personal foul penalties in games can kill you especially big games. Our guys played smart. Let UF pillow talk to they chicks how they punked our guys, took our manhood, Floyd Mayweather'd us, blah blah blah. Meanwhile, we will take the W just fine, thanks.

2) While Seantrel didnt have a game like he did against Werner last year. I thought he played more then solid. Flowers had a solid game. Linder and Feliciano played ok and McDerm was just over matched. Im just not comfortable judging these guys off this game to be honest. When Warren Sapp took Zach Wiergert TO SCHOOL in the 94' Orange bowl game against Nebraska nobody reallly killed Weigert for it because A)It was Warren Sapp and B) They won. (Weigert was the best OLineman in the country that year BTW) I would rather judge these guys off of the Vtechs and UNCs of the world.

3) BUT with all that said, I am starting to lean toward the fact that this Oline group could be a tad overrated. Kinda like our 2002 Dline. You know theres talent. You know these guys will be playing on Sundays. We just cant figure out why they cant be absolutely DOMINATE. Real Head scratcher. Maybe its scheme. But whatever it is, I hope its not the reason we dont win the ACC Coastal and get at least 10 wins this year. Because Vtech and FSU Dlines are gonna give us trouble as well.

Jassid, nice post. You know it dosnt seem like it would be that complicated to just lineup and run the football, we have a nfl size line. My feelings on all this stretch, zone, reach blocking is to mask a weak oline, there"s to much finess and we don't need to be finess with our size. We need to get back to power football, we had that power play with the fullback that worked well and never ran it again. I also feel like that would simplify things for the line and they would all be on the same page, not so many missed assignments etc, like Butch used to say, just whip the man in front of you. We should be able to just bulldoze everybody else on our schedual, very simple, why have all these behemoths if we"re not gonna play to their strength.......Tex

Advertisement
BTW, nice board, glad I found you guys, tos is getting tired

You're the third variation of TexCane that's posted here and all of you guys sign "Tex" at the end of your posts... Must be a Texas thing. Anyway, welcome

Good cop/bad cop playing out with two key Fins and agents; Fins, Canes, Heat chatter

WEDNESDAY BUZZ COLUMN

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...-fins-and-agents-fins-canes-heat-chatter.html

### Internally, one of the biggest disappointments Saturday was the offensive line play -– Seantrel Henderson especially struggled, according to a UM staffer -– despite the high-level talent. Brandon Linder was the best of the group, that UM person said. Mel Kiper said UM has at least three NFL linemen.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ts-fins-canes-heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Kehoe needs to stop talking **** about Seantrel to Barry. Flowers and McDermott struggled much more than Seantrel.

Advertisement
BTW, nice board, glad I found you guys, tos is getting tired

You're the third variation of TexCane that's posted here and all of you guys sign "Tex" at the end of your posts... Must be a Texas thing. Anyway, welcome

lol, I reckon so. Seems like I remember your avatar, same one ? Canes actually have a pretty big contingency here in Texas, theres a caneswatch party in Houston every week. I work on Jimmy Johnson blvd in Pt Arthur, I ran into him in Islamorada this summer and told him that, we talked about whats up back home in PA and he bought me a cold one. He recruited me out of hs when he was at OSU, our old hs"s still play each other. I stayed at his big chill this past weekend, place rocks

I'll wait until 2014 and 2015 to see what Kehoe can do once he gets a real OL out there. In 2016 Miami will have a 2012 Alabama type offensive line. Which is going to be great to watch.

I'm pretty sure a line with 3 or 4 guys who will play on Sundays is **** "real" for our team. To accept mediocrity from our unit this year is not ok in my humble opinion. I love guys who do more with less. No patience for doing less with more.

I'll wait until 2014 and 2015 to see what Kehoe can do once he gets a real OL out there. In 2016 Miami will have a 2012 Alabama type offensive line. Which is going to be great to watch.

I'm pretty sure a line with 3 or 4 guys who will play on Sundays is **** "real" for our team. To accept mediocrity from our unit this year is not ok in my humble opinion. I love guys who do more with less. No patience for doing less with more.

We have a "alabama" type line NOW (I dont know what that means, but I assume veteran guys with nearly 100+ starts and NFL type potential). I dont want to wait 3 dam years for that again. These guys can get the job done. No reason they shouldnt be able to. I dont get how you have more confidence in kehoe in 2016 with gawd knows what players than the kids we got now. they need to produce results or send Kehoe back on his Patrick Nix career trajectory

Advertisement

We have a "alabama" type line NOW (I dont know what that means, but I assume veteran guys with nearly 100+ starts and NFL type potential). I dont want to wait 3 dam years for that again. These guys can get the job done. No reason they shouldnt be able to. I dont get how you have more confidence in kehoe in 2016 with gawd knows what players than the kids we got now. they need to produce results or send Kehoe back on his Patrick Nix career trajectory

Kehoe = Mack Brown....has the studs, cant do anything with em

Talked to Mongo a little bit today.

*Said Easley is the best DL this OL unit has ever played against.

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

I'm already losing sleep thinking about this OL against FSU. Jernigan and Edwards and Goldman and McAllister. Oh lord.

Advertisement

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

I think if they're going to be asked to go east-west, slanting is going to be a problem for our OL against good DLs. I guess we should be happy FSU decided to go away from that this year (at least so far).

I'm already losing sleep thinking about this OL against FSU. Jernigan and Edwards and Goldman and McAllister. Oh lord.

In their first game, they were doing things differently than they've done them in the past, so it would actually help our cause.

### Internally, one of the biggest disappointments Saturday was the offensive line play -– Seantrel Henderson especially struggled, according to a UM staffer -– despite the high-level talent. Brandon Linder was the best of the group, that UM person said. Mel Kiper said UM has at least three NFL linemen.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ts-fins-canes-heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

even um people say seantrel struggled in that game.

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Slanting could be a *****. The thing is, it is rare for the type of DL that major colleges bring in to do it effectively. These are usually big *** dudes that are better at penetrating and blowing **** up. The thing is, UF's DL is exceedingly athletic, which helps them do this. It is usually undersized and quick DL that resort to slanting to try to compensate for their lack of talent & size. UF is kind of the perfect DL to do this because of how athletic they are and how explosive they are off the ball. FSU can't replicate that, but they have more size. Maybe Jernigan has the athleticism for it, but that's it.

Smart move on Florida's part.

Advertisement
Back