Golden on the offensive line

Talked to Mongo a little bit today.

*Said Easley is the best DL this OL unit has ever played against.

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

If this is so difficult why not start off like that, and what's to prevent other teams from doing the same thing. I imagine there have to be some drawbacks to the slant/angling front that we failed to exploit.

There are a ******* ton. Didn't you play LB in a slant-heavy defense?

Lol, too long ago, plus didn't game plan against it.

Advertisement

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

If this is so difficult why not start off like that, and what's to prevent other teams from doing the same thing. I imagine there have to be some drawbacks to the slant/angling front that we failed to exploit.

Yeah, you run right in to the hole left behind. That's the problem with slants, stunts, etc vs just having a defensive line that's big enough to control its gaps.

Not that I wouldn't take Easely though, that kid's one of the best 3 techniques I've ever seen at the college level.

Yeah, you run right in to the hole left behind. That's the problem with slants, stunts, etc vs just having a defensive line that's big enough to control its gaps.

Not that I wouldn't take Easely though, that kid's one of the best 3 techniques I've ever seen at the college level.

My concern is we didn't adjust, so why didn't we? I'm going to chalk it up to being ultra conservative and playing with a lead....but you better believe we will see that gameplan again and we have to be ready to adjust.

They better get it right by the FSU game. Their D-line could be as good or better the Fl..

No.

They may be comparable in the middle but there DEs aren't in the same league this year.

Just from seeing them vs Pitt, seems to me they have a different kind of athlete, and one I think we match up better against. We didn't really have an answer for Easley's speed but FSU doesn't have anyone like that.

**** I saw Eddie Goldman playing end for them, that dude is easily over 300 lbs and a true 2 gapper. They're going to attack us a different way.

They better get it right by the FSU game. Their D-line could be as good or better the Fl..

Not even close. We will handle fsu's DL.

Not saying you, but these same type of absolutes were mentioned prior to the UF game. All summer was told UF lost alot upfront to NFL and our guys would handle.

We proceed to get our head kicked in. Until proven on the field I will believe we will do good in pass pro but struggle to run against any Defense worth a dam. Have we ran on a good defense in 2 years??

FSU definitely has talent on the DL. But my observation from their depth chart and from the Pitt game was while their DL was very beefed up and had great DTs, the DEs weren't all that. They were to big to really pass rush or have the range on the edge like their nasty DE duo did last year. That's the BIG difference between FSU's and UF's DL this year - the speed and explosiveness. I think Duke can have some success hitting the edges against them. They seem to count on their athletic LBs to make up for this - and they def do have athletic LBs - but it simply doesn't seem as swarming as last year's D.

Advertisement

My concern is we didn't adjust, so why didn't we? I'm going to chalk it up to being ultra conservative and playing with a lead....but you better believe we will see that gameplan again and we have to be ready to adjust.

We didn't really try to run between the tackles in the second half, as I recall. We kept trying to get the edge, and UF was bringing its safeties and corners in to run support.

Stephen Morris really had an opportunity to light them up, my question is why he didn't or why Golden/Coley didn't want to put the game in his hands. At the end of the day, though, we won, so I guess they were right to play it safe.

Not saying you, but these same type of absolutes were mentioned prior to the UF game. All summer was told UF lost alot upfront to NFL and our guys would handle.

We proceed to get our head kicked in. Until proven on the field I will believe we will do good in pass pro but struggle to run against any Defense worth a dam. Have we ran on a good defense in 2 years??

Who said that? UF lost some LB's and the Safeties. I thought that would hurt them but I don't think I doubted that defensive line. Powell, Easley, Floyd is a solid group. We all know about the 3 CB's they have.

Huh?

There's a backer to account for hole left behind.

The D-linemen aren't "leaving a hole behind", they're simply exchanging their gap. Easley was lined up in the B-gap and when the ball snapped he angled into the A-gap. Simple exchange.

Last edited:

You can't adjust to something that you don't even know is coming. Slanting is not something that's done every play. How can you "adjust" to the DL slants when you don't even know when they're slanting or which way they're slanting to?

Advertisement

I think we ran it pretty well on Vag Tech. I didn't say we'd run all over fsu; I think we'll handle their DL and move the football and score points on them. fsu has nowhere near the DL unit that uf#g has. And they don't have anyone in Easley's area code as far as a single disruptive maniac. If you don't think 1 insanely dynamic DT can completely take over a game and turn a good/decent defense into a great one, just look at the precipitous downfall of the Nebraska D after Suh left.

Again, FSU's defense is doing something different than their usual slants and 1gap. Maybe they change for one game, but they don't have an Easley that'll make it look that seamless.

I feel like people are really under rating FSU's DL. If there is one unit they have on their team that is crazy good, it's the DL.

I think their LBs are way better than their DL. They have highly recruited 4 and 5 star guys on the DL, but I haven't seen anything special on the football field from them yet. And they lost all their big-time experienced Dlinemen.

Again, FSU's defense is doing something different than their usual slants and 1gap. Maybe they change for one game, but they don't have an Easley that'll make it look that seamless.

I feel like people are really under rating FSU's DL. If there is one unit they have on their team that is crazy good, it's the DL.

I think their LBs are way better than their DL. They have highly recruited 4 and 5 star guys on the DL, but I haven't seen anything special on the football field from them yet. And they lost all their big-time experienced Dlinemen.

Their LBs are real good, T Smith being the guy that I think will give us some problems, but back on topic, Jernigan is definitely in Easley's area code. Also watched Goldmam in mop up duty last year for them, he is gonna be a problem. We will see about their DEs....

http://www.canesinsight.com/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAADQAAAA0CAYAAADFeBvrAAAYYUlEQVRogd2ZWaxl2XnXf2va0xnvuUONXV1VPVUPTqfd5bjbMbEbFMuECEGk5AEECYmIIhBPCInwhoQAQYSEBAghoSAhkRhBEpCt2Ewekqid7nbb7nZ67uqa7q260zn3nLP32cOaeDgdB f2IxLDetsPe5/1W993/t// 5aIMfL/05L/pzfwv3vp//XhZ69f//R33nrr79 pqmdLQfGZz36KX/ypv4yfrkiDIopArWGhGpaywipHWqQMigHNPLAqG4Q0bGxsIGTKarVCKs1oNKJtarQW2K5juZxBdGS5JoRAW5VsjrdItKYLLU3T4qLFGAOAbTp8G inA0JjObhzyL1791ej4carH3/ V/ 6b/2l373DxnEH6bc333hhU9/6etf//Lo6tnepR/6GDbLePjhh/mTz76ArDzVwYzOW2oNLgt0uacVHV1X47vAuLeJ9BqHIHhoraNrPcF7hJQs5nOUEUBAEEgSRX Qk2UZRoIOkhgjjbM41yK1Js0MwXvausPIhEQkxMZRTivu3LjD4fSY61efrp753HOff/YnP/u7PxChj12 9Cuuvd678vTjPP75F7jXdTRW0BFxriXfGJGIQGoELvE02tPREroMbx22tqRpikGw6lbgHImStCFSr0qCtwQfkEqSJ5pEajSCIs0YDftEG7DWoWxHiBnGGLQxOGvRsqGX9XGtRyhPbnJoA3WzYu/wdu hg0d BXjuB4AeHgyfufipT5I /SQ2zYk MBpukJoedVmjAJMmGKPp4grnOqSCXm9Apg2xiXgfqZsWJ6GzlnJVsVjUlPWK0WiAtRYXI74TLJcBf gY9gs2xptcuXgZoRRKGmx0RAEheCIgtcaYdbREVGSJZjgZku2lLFY177/xzjMv/PH/UFmWyeSxK/i84LBa0ThHImHlOsquwamI7hzeC1rRgYxooQi1Y9mWBBsoF0u6zpGkCbnReK1Q/ZyNYQ AVglCCAThaRpL3VSErsXbwLi/gTEGkyZIqemcxVqLEAKtU3zwCCGQUoCQqFSRFxnedizLeXJKFMxgiNUZZV2z0pJoFLNlhegqhBIfpo jCYEkl S9HsJa7t 7ye6NG7z uvUqxVJkrC9dZbBYABS0CsGTCZbZFlGqjMQgiACXZbS7/L1JnTC7HhKrzdgKDVJnhBkIEiNNpo8z2hWK7TRIAQxgMkNo9GQ6DqisKdVzmlNHSOzckVVGMiHRCFRiWJjPKSaV2idUhhFEI62tSwO97nx5ju8/fr3 ODmu0gpSbThcHcX7yJIwcbGJpPtLZ584inSPCPJUqRS5EZTJIbOO2wXqesaKTVpnmEygzEJgYiUEiEUMUq0SonR44NDJ5reqMdiOWNanpwGkv0BozNnaVJY2AapDV4oqrKiqRp0VGz0RiRFTlmdcHD/Prvvvsf7b73H7s3bPP7wo4xGA5Ik4WQ2Y3p8gtaarZ1tJpMt6Bp0asikQhlDkqbI1NB1Hcuyplw2yKhJkgRjDMpInPOEYOmcQwJRChAC/yGoTg1d8ByslqeBBucucFTVnHiB7Ge0PtL6Fq01Oip0VJSrFbmW2OC5ffs2bVkxHgx56Mc y WrF n1c/I8x7Ydy5M5VVWtfyTNSNOU/mCASTOs95SLOfNVyWAw4OHLD3H75j6LakVTrRgOhwQpiVGglAEB0a9VUISAdQ5ch0wkRZESCaeBFgQqAqsg6JzHss7V6AUQkUqiE431jsW8RCB59JFrDB96nK1 QT7M0VqilSLYjmaySV3XBOuIMdI6izEaSUCoSCIjOEu3qqjLkvFoiLWWGBzOOdLEkGhDFGCDRyKJAFIilESIFJN68n5BvyhOAy1jYCUlnYAuQggBFSU6CozUGKlIk4Rl1zCbzWjblq2tLS7mAwqjKdsSHz2 c6gISZKghcS2LV3XsTWZ4OP6JKOWJFqzWCzoqorFbMrG5lkQkbZt6JoVSWbQWUKIgs47opTwh1BKoZWAmFMMh0wmo9NAK6npjCBoCEJAlGhpyLQmiZLoAr61BLc ca01QkiapsNWNZ1weDwqRoySpEpjUkWi1geRG03nHUhBVuQYJZlOp5x4R7QdTbPCdiucC7RtQ9JlpIlGyPUWBQofxdp8CgXiw/qUF TDwUdFyCFkgtOCgETFiApggkBHsNZhXUdUkfFgiLKWJEkIjUcIifUCoTRSCYQUIEEK0IkmTyK2a/Bdg48BISLEQG40LkvJswTbrgCPNgIhPc45pLVIBcGDVBIfAyGCiBEXBTEGIgKT5KeBZrYjSTWgccEjggThwQkIkGtNaVsQkSLP8UWBUooYHcaktEQwCikkIjqctUQcUQhSLRj1e7SdZFlVdKuKLkRE9GglEHi0MqSZQUiN1pLIh1BR4L1HhkCMEfFhtyOJeBvwAYSQp4FKZ nFgEQQI3gXCSISrSPYQMwEMqw/KEJcV/wQsD4gYkvWHxJkQIWA8CDC2qbE6HHO0wmQUpIlCY1tUEBiFF0Hrm3I8h6JVoQo15sOEQXrQhoj1lpCFCghWat3xHtPjBGEPg0Ug0AEhYlq/WIMCCQhgo1QLUuE0cgkxYWIChqjEoReQzWrJS5YhHWI0KGDx8QI0SKio1zOGY HpGmKUIo0VQx6fbx1NMGBsIjQkrSSjARkhhYSrwEfCK4lBkFQKWhBlAEnQQBJFKeBBrFHZg1yJQkelDLoNMWJSBdaiqJP1VTIxtPv9 iPM 7evM/iaIrzDf1RAtEyygvq Zz5wRGL2ZSjg/tIKXj8qcdZtjVpmqKNZGdrm4vnzjMZjPhg7xYn1T6ZShiWnrdffBlx8QKP/tiPcNTNaaOlHw0iatqoqLyjDQ3CO4Y2MnDqoyLUEDwIDIEIQtE5TyDS0WFthzKSPNWI6Ng/2OXtN97k9s1btM2C4SjjyqWLTB57DEng8OA e7dvUZYlG1sTXnrlZbbP7DDZnjAZjTHGUKQZvu2IwSPxKNsSjjse27lIPP8Avm5JN1OUUJgyIELEBo8Ijqg9QjhkiODcaaBWTYEULQxRrB1tFIYQAk44nA8kKsGbHlIqRFrTiRnT6g7H wes3lqSyR/lE099jN7mFgfDEccmoRYSIxWJ1vR6PUajEaPRiDzPQUmQktxkVKuKelZxeGuPhy5do9/vc3exxPcHBCA3PYiB6AII1qUEjdERmfjTQE5FpAgEGdBao6QkaoGMEiUVSiUE56mbBllkbO3s8PiTTwBwp9ejWZScP3uOnckmRZKSeHhgZ4fZbEYx6KEyzWRni42NESoxJEqilQblybOMS8NLzMMhYrOGQqNzxTgbsTQJVkS8k4gYkN6RxIASEi ApMPmH2F9ohgTMMiokTJBa4PU6yKgFKQ6xdIRvcd2ml5acPZsjggDtkcX6InAxTPbFElKtJ5BXjC4fJkL58 T9QtWtqY3GpBlCTZ4XNfStS1YjxSafn9Efj7n3PACx9M5c7dC9bZYNC0qz/GuQ/kO7Vqit4SoccrTKkudtaeBBBqiRKCQUiGlRK7LMQpB17QfRk4RXKT2LUYZzpy5wKQ/RDZzzoyGDPsD2mVF0IYYBF1o6ZqGPE/Xp8pa8p1b1yoVQGpDWbVonTK NOJQepZ2BfWCw7KmLxUaRyoDRq3nDzZIrIhUuqVT3WkgrVesjYVGkELUBBvXxUxIuqZG5TlKamLwgELKdc8CHdE5uqalrla4usE7h/eWk5MTVl3NZGcTY1vSfvahbVpLbZQCoRS1DczmU948PkDnKcWwx9I2RCOIGpq2Q0qPUBHvoHGChbOUVKz0/DSQdOuaQYhgJDGEtW8LAZQikaC8p7Oe6DzG9CBG5rMTjvb2kE3FbtfynlJ0y4pEaYa9gsPpMcu6ZGt5QtovGG2NGY5GaCWIzqOFREhYLEpeffNtXr7xJtc/ QmeffxRlidHKD2gPTlGhJooBcEaXKOoWsXct1TZlNZ8BFBcQZYVuNaDVMhEo J6tFTPK4b9AcJqgnVUyxY56NGEjhvv7xGairiaYYLlzZs38W3HQw88yJmtTZ588kk uHOTvf17yEXCsinZalv6vRwjFUWaoZRiZ sMy Wr3Lh1j/74PR4/s825PKeyHmE7vFuyUfRJO0fjM xSkeZ9nnrkUe4fv3YaaHN RO7ydTfZWaQThLDuFDvboRcW7z2F0BTW02s0zgV682OOZkc8eu1htJGM z0SoTi/tcP5c2cYjIboImVazQkSuq5jtVrR7 WkaUrnLIt79 kPJqzmS0RUmGAQJysSVaH8Wn0HPU/RCIQdcNIliCYDW2H27jOazk4Dbbz7LbIiI80zlBbE6AnRQ1i74ywr6Fyg6A1xLsBM4wJcLvfIbUdCR 01jgjecWf3Lm / xZKKearJZtnt8gHfXqDtalt25boPAIQAeb395nt3kfViqw2hL0pRrb0g8XEGiMroujRhvMsXOTgaEgnjlkev0eYv38aaEsHvFuSeUvwnhg9Uq1PNEkM5dEBEUkSN2k7T916lE7op55kMuFLv/NV6qSH7DrObG4xTAuCt0wmE85uDBhPRqg0wRQJIQSaVclyNcdozSDrc fubQ7u7RHimFBH2vtTdNIyiDWpPyEVS rYw5kBK9syn0u0Ssj9glFVngaa9nvM6oo8Rqxf9yGpNpSNp5ApcTDARlgmhlZq1CBHmpT5skb0Bnz6859n3jqWB4f0s5xcGZSAc fO0R/2saHj3uEBR/eOMcYgCTRVhbOWpVnwwf4tDss5YbBFV3taUVMMPUM/ZRCm5HLBiW9pZWS5isyajK0CNlp4oP0I6/PgU4 h9o/JezmNqzFaUgwKzHTKYDiksR2NCzgvMCrhzIXLLKqa733r25QnFaMzGh8kJ WCcrmkn ZsjoYos5bo1lo672i6lrquid7SliukEPjccWe2T6k9KsmYrSyddhRG0LMVG6JEdwuaAM537M7m3DqpyRKDsi39ujkN1FmJD4o06xE6jZQRKTMgwaR9Ot wsdGj7BxeaLLBBjf3Z7zy2lvMq4bP/Pg5ts/ssLkxRvtIJjXjfo/BaMhqVXFwdLj2YMl6qNjWFanUpEmKjYE7qyOWWcQkhr1qyaIQiCTHlXOULjEGEuHxmeS 7dh1gSvpgDQkDOp4GqjxFkfE5BleRyIRkWiCMei8x 6dA84VGzhS5qsWjmtee s2L377Jh64dO0uk60tzp7ZpqcSdIwYJM427N/fw7XrOlLO5kwPjyjynI2dbYIN3Lp/l2bhECR0omO/rrgnhxxkGU3MyBiQdDOOpeHYlRyXM7pliXZXCNS04SPah1auEIVnFRdY4XAi4AiE3FCGiB5MuHNYsbXzIP1ezj/7V7/Ky9/ DjIpuHh izzPWZwcI1yDcg5DxNct86MjqrLkYP Ijc0Jq6ZjsrPDaGMTa8EGSTnziPuGM0mPW8sDGCS8oRN 2jB8/1r9IuMUB5Rp4rd oh7d1 m6OD41YzplbMsVcHOqZTTAmskjYh0wuFCwLmOylnoHFYati9eYv w4n98/at86w/eRaYDRpMNRJIwXdbMy/fBWdpliS1LQtMQmo62btjc2EBnPXr9ITrJSXoj0Ib923d47 4 dZtgSUGtM2WqEm5TMHEFrs25uH2emEPfH/PoE 9yaX7CWS2R4wHzaE5H6IsvvkEMHUWhCN5CjCijaZtIko JMSe7PePdG3v83jdfpej16Y3G68E6ga /9F20FJzf3qIwCfNpg7CWM MJg1HCZGebbDSkP55Qe4/oOiSC9/bu8cbuHiGb4JIMFztELVlMPR9UC9pQctNo/vSVP4GQDpMOuf7cnyEXkDQtXe1443jGx/840LUffgYhJCZVCCnQWmJMSgwaKQus13zxS1/lpdfeYhk0Vy9cZrqc01jIi4zpccnmmW0ee/JZLl04w3tvvMFsf5/trQmjXkGaGiJg j2cbekA1zUclzN8ppG9IVL3yV2LFB4VEupOsBc8JZF/ IV/z8cefZjr13 IS4/8MBmC6viQZrGgTYenIzS89jxpYojBk6SSRCu0MiiV0lnFSy 9xrduHnLsCzYuXaXrjZmdrOWyurMP0lBkOZvbWzxw8UHaRYWKgV4vJ0kTRoM q64m76ekMqNcVdy5e4fdvZvUbYNPSiQSug4VI1EbXGpY6fV4zJw7wys3b/Kdd97liUeu8slnP84T1x4nyQx1U58G i/***N/2Ce6mixPMFoQo8DojHLZ8oVf/zLTqWfzgccxozHHdU1x4RGicFRHM9T5qzRZxjv7C3w2ZSVzGF kNQJLJC02Kf2SO0uQieBwann7/oKFHJGcOctSjBG6h5At0UcqVdAISSCSiYzN8Yhi80FiteK9uuMP/tvLXL5xyBPPfJzrz33i 0DfvzR 4Cd PvZGI qmJikSjJJ01mJkyvS4xDtJUQyRMqNqao6Pj9na2UQZwdHxfTbGA6SIDLKCUa PigHX1ITOoWIgT1OcczRdRzYoaNqOg9kRSZah8yF78xZpenhr8daRaoOL69lfkqWsyiXbk00SpclNwuHBPkYJnG/JEsndr/wL8YOyrYckZoINJSrJEFrS0SJUTqMCUhqc7rFYrBhtTNgs ng8h0f7DDa3WcZAUeQspKZxglSlBCHxePIsZemh6BfMFwta2WclG45DICOnnHZ41UOpgkggqABJhvfryy1rMuT2JkuTUJUlPZGxKrbZGI4oT6ZM2z/yct foYYAD117mgcuP7KecftI21jm8zneOhKlKcsSCEyPDgmuZX68z872mOVsHxtXONnShBXLrqT2HV5LgtZ0UUJScLJydDGl9QlVLfGxwPoC1Po6JE0F0bXQ1nSLEwb9AuqSgMUFR1UuQGlcjChtmB4d0gWLLD5CFEZ5wd13XscUCT/63HUunT9P1zRMxhPGgzG//mv/gVdf/TbXHr3GaDLiqSce44HLF/iN3/wCD1zo0dsekhUpWq4HLVjB7OCEVdkwLMa4LlAuG3rbE/Z2DxhlKctpx2gwJJv0mdYHlLNdLm1sIzqBVglVO2fricvc2L/HxnhCP9ugPlqwkeecLBaMr1zi7vQebfMRbjtWB ztzbnw4EW2sqfJQkUiHZc2CjbHQ872FD/5med49tlnmc6nbIwSnnxwk/ 4vMd8do9CbbE86Hji2pMYmXDv8D4/8fyn NgTP8x3X32NYCWTyQ5nz1zk5q3bZFlB3Vo OAWdah46vnP8Y3//hV 8c/ DHffvsF4POG/vvQidnvE3/jrP81rr30P1UXOxIKrZy yu7vPN19/lb2b7 PqP2rBv59ywjsevfoQf/6nfobnfuQTxLbl7vvv86X/9Fv87b/1N/mLP/PT/NWf/zn6eUYqI1sbIzSBP/WZT/PoI1e5c s2n/zEcwx7A9556120MrSNZTY74XOf 3FWqxXOOV5 fd56fe/yTe 8TV2tsY436A03Lx5k vXr/Pyi9/kZP AcVHw1a98Bd82NPWKL3zh1/jyF79It1hQH0 5tLNNM58y6vXIsux0hDzaJflEb 5cpLWKxil2zl1hNai5efuQf/xP/jnb29vM53MeuHKZ3mTM7/zGb7Kq57Qh4foLP8Xb9x2vf d1nPU8/4mHuLUwvP617zH 7h5vvn4H89Z9brz/Abu7u2RFjtp5kHfeu8PW R2 /cq3 OTHn ad330Ze7Lik/dqFmaLN3ZLXvm136b0A87tXOagy3n9916nl/fZLyUiO0tc/lFD9H3Z/gt/79/t/843X9mZnDlPVU45PDxisrGBFobZbE65rEiTnH6vz7yaMpkMOJjtcfHSOR585FFu3D3i5ge3uXDpKlvbZ7n1/k0m4y0unHuA9995l/v37xGahv5wSFmVTLYmtF1NNZsy2NmhtC3x4JCLVx/l3u07eBe4 vg1bty9BcM 1C15b4heWZSLeG/Z2Nxi0dU8/fSVg6/9g5898wNAX/vuzX/55375V3 h9Z1u2oo0zcmzgpP5giLtkaicpuuQElazfSgMg42M5WoBtgXZY/v8FYzUdJ1lMt6kX4w4OrjP7u4tUqNZLU8YbWxQrU4YDPrM9m5DnpMmGVL3qZsOmSScv/ggd99/G4TEqJRUG5ROqOoVbj5jeOFBquUJRZIQm8b953/6S//6hWeu/tIPAAEXXrmx/6t/59 Mw3vvHiOJpcI6G7t0 ycxFvAyFAXJ0wOHuB5WIXlIVEkqQZXdmR5WOUUCRJxrA3xgfHYnpE21a05RKZCIJrgQDCkfdS8jxnenRCpoeodEhVz8FoIDIY7bC8fYfhaEL3IWxIDU3oSJVxn/rYIyf/6Bc 3r1y78FWD3jwMBXAB DngayPm/e9XAd4F/w4cwcBro//n1PwGu8QzQhMGB9QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==Goldkamp247
Miami OL held Florida's 4-man (or less) pass rush to affecting QB on just 15.8% of dropbacks. Would have been best of any team last year.
9/10/13 1:09 PM

Yes, the *** Rage Defense was the nastiest I've seen in a time, and our guys deserve some credit for standing up.

Advertisement

Our soft O-Line will make even the most half-*** D-Line look rugid.

Couple of quick points.

There is a major misconception that zone blocking is soft. While we haven't run as much so far this this year Inside Zone is by no means a soft running play and our guys did a great job with it last year. Now while we are running a lot more OS zone we are definitely moving more east and west than north and south, but I just don't think soft is the right word.

I also saw mention of the zone with counter action. I absolutely love these "Split Flow" Zones. By bringing a fullback or TE back across the formation you allow all offensive linemen to push their combinations forward and create a natural cutback lane and potentially a huge gash if the defensive end does not play the blocker coming back correctly. Duke should be extremely effective in Split Flow Zone

I don't think it's soft. I just don't see our guys executing it as well as I'd expect from their individual talent levels so far this season. As I said for one of the individuals, I just have high expectations for the OL.

With these zone plays you also require not only a ton of communication, but the C has to make calls and the QB has to be able to audible out against what he sees.

Considering its a new system, I am not shocked that this mental aspect, critical to ZBS, is lacking.

Then when you add in the fact that we aren't athletic enough to zone block against elite stunting DL, you get what we saw Sat.

Still don't understand how there is such a disparity between pass blocking and run blocking though.

Advertisement
Can someone point me in the direction of a game I can watch where Jernigan dominated? I'm not saying he hasn't I just want to see what he's like at his best.

He was handled in the Miami-FSU game last year and he's never stood out in a game I've watched casually.

Can someone point me in the direction of a game I can watch where Jernigan dominated? I'm not saying he hasn't I just want to see what he's like at his best.

He was handled in the Miami-FSU game last year and he's never stood out in a game I've watched casually.

He got his *** kicked last year against Miami.

Couple of quick points.

There is a major misconception that zone blocking is soft. While we haven't run as much so far this this year Inside Zone is by no means a soft running play and our guys did a great job with it last year. Now while we are running a lot more OS zone we are definitely moving more east and west than north and south, but I just don't think soft is the right word.

I also saw mention of the zone with counter action. I absolutely love these "Split Flow" Zones. By bringing a fullback or TE back across the formation you allow all offensive linemen to push their combinations forward and create a natural cutback lane and potentially a huge gash if the defensive end does not play the blocker coming back correctly. Duke should be extremely effective in Split Flow Zone

Nobody is saying that zone is soft.

Because you have to have the athletes. As I've said, Dominique Easley is lightning quick, athletic, extremely strong and very active defensive tackle. Don't be fooled by how many tackles the kid does or doesn't make. He has to be accounted for on every down. The other 3 kids on that Florida defensive front are making NFL rosters. Florida has a Top 5 defense.

Advertisement
Back