Golden on the offensive line

Advertisement
I saw a couple plays where the Oline was downblocking vs the slanting but only from McDermott down to seantrel and the left guard wouldnt, and Easley would shoot that gap between mcderm and left guard and make the play from the backside. I think the plays are drawn up lie that with the expectation that the DT wouldnt be such a freak

Talked to Mongo a little bit today.

*Said Easley is the best DL this OL unit has ever played against.

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

If this is so difficult why not start off like that, and what's to prevent other teams from doing the same thing. I imagine there have to be some drawbacks to the slant/angling front that we failed to exploit.

Yeah, you run right in to the hole left behind. That's the problem with slants, stunts, etc vs just having a defensive line that's big enough to control its gaps.

Not that I wouldn't take Easely though, that kid's one of the best 3 techniques I've ever seen at the college level.

My concern is we didn't adjust, so why didn't we? I'm going to chalk it up to being ultra conservative and playing with a lead....but you better believe we will see that gameplan again and we have to be ready to adjust.

You can't adjust to something that you don't even know is coming. Slanting is not something that's done every play. How can you "adjust" to the DL slants when you don't even know when they're slanting or which way they're slanting to?

You can if you're zone blocking; HOWEVER, you're going to have A LOT of trouble if they're more athletic and QUICKER. Florida has an incredibly quick and athletic defensive front.

They better get it right by the FSU game. Their D-line could be as good or better the Fl..

Not even close.

exactly, not sure where people come up with their analysis. Fsu dline is not in the same conversation with UF's

They don't have to be. Our O-Line is our weakest link and will be the THE reason we don't win the ACC.

Not sure why all the fans put so much faith into this line. Sure they are big, but they are really average. Fans did the same thing a few years ago with the receiver corps.

Advertisement
They don't have to be. Our O-Line is our weakest link and will be the THE reason we don't win the ACC.

Not sure why all the fans put so much faith into this line. Sure they are big, but they are really average. Fans did the same thing a few years ago with the receiver corps.

LOL

They better get it right by the FSU game. Their D-line could be as good or better the Fl..

Not even close.

exactly, not sure where people come up with their analysis. Fsu dline is not in the same conversation with UF's

And where is that receiver corps now? In the nfl scoring tds (benjamin and hank). Talent is there they just need to execute

Not even close.

Go take a lap buddy. Our OL had its issues with UF and I personally think they are overrated but they are far from our weak link, in fact it's still one of the top units on the team.

Talked to Mongo a little bit today.

*Said Easley is the best DL this OL unit has ever played against.

*Said UF tried to come out in a base defense, got their asses kicked and then switched up to more of a slant/angling front. This is the reason for our early success. I noticed this on film as well. They started blitzing alot more and running alot more "movement" on the Defensive Line. This is where Miami's troubles started, specifically at Center.

Oh, and regarding the d!ckhead who said Miami's O-line was intimidated. He said there was jawing back and forth all game between the two units. Feliciano actually almost got in trouble with the refs for some antics at the end of the first half. It started after the last play of the half, when UF's D-line was standing in the way of Miami and talkin trash, Mongo walked right through the middle of their defense.

I think that's about it. We talked about a few specific plays, but nothing interesting enough to mention here.

I think the fact that UF switched up their scheme says something about the ability of our O-line. UF had to adjust cause in the beginning they were getting worked. The scheme that they switched to up-front is very difficult for ANY Offensive Line to play against. You imagine Easley lined-up in a 3-technique but after the ball is snapped he slants hard inside to the A-gap.

IF YOUR DUMBASS REWATCHED THE GAME you would notice Figueroa getting traded for cigarettes by the Gaytor DLinemen in the 4th qtr. He almost got Morris killed on a redzone play late in the 4th. And that was straight 1 on 1.

I want them to succeed as much as anyone but they were a liability that second half and not due to their lack of talent....

You are too busy trying to insult people, you just come off as someone with an agenda.

Plus, most of us have probably rewatched this game more than once, and I for one, didn't notice Figueroa on the offensive line.

You might want to take a deep breath and relax. I know it's tough when you are trying to insult your way into a self imagined "big man" status.
But try, at the very minimum, to at least get a fact correct.

An evidence based thesis tends to fall apart without correct evidence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back