Golden on Joe Rose 3/5

Advertisement
it's a joke that we have more players at the combine than wins- reflection of culture

more talk about weeding out some of the team

talk about what sentreal needs to do to do better

spring ball isn't gonna be practice heavy- still gonna continue to focus on weight training to get bigger and not lose the offseason work

i'm sure i'm missing a couple things but those are the major points i understood

Advertisement
took a little shot at agents (rosenhaus) too, saying that they are lying to kids telling them that all they need to do is get a good few weeks of working out and a strong 40 time to get a solid spot in the draft. says kids should be worrying more about their tape with 1 on 1 matchups in games instead of how fast their 40 is.

So glad AG said it (about key players from last year not starting in the spring): "There is no message. We were a 6-6 team. The players played like a 6-6 team, the coaches coached like a 6-6 team. If they got outworked in the off season program. . . The players earned the (black) jersey."

I'm glad Golden made it clear that there is no message being sent, I think some guys, particularly Mcgee think that its for motivation and that come fall he will be starting anyway...

took a little shot at agents (rosenhaus) too, saying that they are lying to kids telling them that all they need to do is get a good few weeks of working out and a strong 40 time to get a solid spot in the draft. says kids should be worrying more about their tape with 1 on 1 matchups in games instead of how fast their 40 is.
This...along with the quote on the bottom of Cane's posts

Advertisement
Golden was on a roll...good stuff.

I liked the point he made about developing the complete football player, in every way he can be measured. You get the impression that Golden really understands the big picture and is coaching very hard to get where he wants to be. It's not there yet, but I really like the direction the UM football program is going.

I don't think Al expected the clusterfark he walked in on. Wow, was this program a mess.

Advertisement
Im sure Golden had no idea how bad it was. He just probably thought Corch was an idiot. Dont think he had an idea that Corch was purposefully sabatoging The U bcuz he is actually Nevin Shapiro's adopted brother

Golden had some real good things to say about Ray Ray. Sounds like Golden got through to him and he gets it.

Golden had some real good things to say about Ray Ray. Sounds like Golden got through to him and he gets it.

Truth. The proof is in Ray Ray dropping 10-15 pounds and now looking leaner and quicker. Still big as fack tho. 6'4" 215. He put in the work.

Advertisement
I don't think Al expected the clusterfark he walked in on. Wow, was this program a mess.

Watching Randy's squad his last year, especially that late November swoon, one could figure out it was a true clusterfluck. Just listening to Randy made my head hurt.

But, yeah, even I didn't think it was this bad.

IF only coach Golden was correct, then he'd have something. In reality, NFL GM's are as fickle as an overweight high school girl with acne. They always tend to fall in luv with measureables.

Advertisement
Back