Golden hasn't lost a head to head battle for a S. Florida...

It's pretty clear the OP is not including the 2011 class (as we shouldn't.. Golden had a month to fill a class in a region he wasn't familiar with)

Anybody that mentions Keith Brown or Burgess needs to be negged into oblivion. Keith Brown made it simple, offer my brother who wouldn't cut it as a Georgia State Panther walk-on, and I'll sign the dotted line. We cooled on Burgess, it's a known fact.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Devonta Freeman Committed 6/24/10 - Didn't recruit.
Rashad Greene Committed 6/17/10 - Didn't recruit.
Bobby Hart Committed 7/17/10 - Didn't recruit.
Nick O'Leary Committed 1/22/11 - Never had a chance.

Advertisement
To be honest, The only coach that has had Al's number is Dooley.

Dooley flipped Taylor and won out with Moore and Bourque (In Al's defense, we got on those two late.)

Who has Golden lost to Strong? Lol at that bull****

Seriously?

So we are including Teddy when Bridgewater was gone the minute Randall was fired?

Yes. Plus, we recruited and offered both Keith Brown and James Burgess. We also recruited (not sure about offers) Gerald Holliman and Andrew Johnson.

lol well no offense, but that is bull****.

+a milli. Only two schools would offer Keith Brown's brother so **** off with saying Golden lost him. James Burgess.. Lol also lol @ the notion of losing Holliday and Johnson when we didn't offer we just recruited. Lol

Devonta Freeman Committed 6/24/10 - Didn't recruit.
Rashad Greene Committed 6/17/10 - Didn't recruit.

Bobby Hart Committed 7/17/10 - Didn't recruit.
Nick O'Leary Committed 1/22/11 - Never had a chance.

Wrong on those two, not sure about Hart. That said it would have been a miracle since Golden got in so late in the game.

Advertisement
Seriously?

So we are including Teddy when Bridgewater was gone the minute Randall was fired?

Yes. Plus, we recruited and offered both Keith Brown and James Burgess. We also recruited (not sure about offers) Gerald Holliman and Andrew Johnson.

+a milli. Only two schools would offer Keith Brown's brother so **** off with saying Golden lost him. James Burgess.. Lol also lol @ the notion of losing Holliday and Johnson when we didn't offer we just recruited. Lol

I don't give a rat's **** why he lost 'em. Bottom line is we recruited them both; by all accounts they received comittable offers; yet signed with Loserville. You are giving me reasons (no matter how valid) for why they signed elsewhere. Fact remains they signed elsewhere.

Amari Cooper is the only one who comes to mind to Bama. Regardless Al's record is pretty **** good! CORRECTION:Op said to Jimbo so Nevermind. By the way FSU SUCKS. Just thought I'd add that too

Last edited:
It states clearly in the first post that Golden has not lost a recruiting "battle" to "Jumbo." Where did all of this Bridgewater, Burgess, Brown stuff come from. Think OP when eluding to the ongoing battle with 6, Kirkland, Collins blah blah with FSU just like the million other threads created here daily saying the same thing. We'll see how it all plays out but i think we might be kidding ourselves a little in getting all of these dudes even though i like Goldens track record in closing on S.FL targets he really presses for. Something tells me its just too good to be true that we land all our desired S. FL prospects while FSU gets none. Id like nothing more than to see that come true though.

Advertisement

I don't give a rat's **** why he lost 'em. Bottom line is we recruited them both; by all accounts they received comittable offers; yet signed with Loserville. You are giving me reasons (no matter how valid) for why they signed elsewhere. Fact remains they signed elsewhere.

Wut? So a recruit ties your hand and wants to force Golden to offer his brother or he won't come here. If you don't get why they didn't come then that's just retarded.

This thread is making my head spin.

Golden tried for Freeman but it was far too late. O'Leary had dropped us before Golden got here. We were officially out of it after they beat our ***. Green shouldn't be mentioned. He was committed to FSU long long long before Golden got here and STA kids don't decommit. Was Green even the same year?

The possible sanctions have allowed Jumbo to even think he has a chance down here this year so this really isn't even an even playing field but we will see when all is said and done. Lots if battles still to go.

Advertisement
So we're just going to ignore that Golden had 30 days to recruit them while Jimbob and Strong had two years?

Jesus...let's just throw logic all the way out of the window

Exactly these fkin clowns are retarded, now everything is even because AG has developed relationships with this class since they were sophmores. If he locks this class up then thats it all kids we want will come thru here.

No disrespect but Freeman isnt all that.

I agree... Too be honest we didn't lose out on him... He's good but he was the 3rd back on FSU's roster and if Pender didnt get hurt who knows what would have happened... That being said, Al has only been here for 2 years going on 3... Who did Shannon lose to in a recruiting battle his first 3 years... Its one thing if the coaches are recruiting a player and its another if they aren't... The only player I think we actually lost a head to head battle for was Joyner and he said he never liked UM and always wanted to go to FSU...

Advertisement
Back