Golden Gonna Close Like a Beast

........Having a Jordan Belfort quote in your signature pretty much removes your point from consideration.

actually not really.. most who understand "work ethic" get it.. but we all know the reality is that's something that some find difficult to comprehend.. I've not spent time on this board aside from reading various thoughts and then I recently reg'd.. I was warned about a few and how they handle their misplaced passions but it happens everywhere.. I support the University and it's programs and choose to do so in a positive fashion rather than needlessly hammer a particular individual because they don't meet my personal criteria for success and I'll just leave it at that.. from what I see there are plenty that clearly have their own feelings on those things.. I'll continue to support the University and let those that need to fire the coach.

When the time comes for change.. I'll support the new guy equally because as they say "it's all about the U"

Michael Irvin, in the back pocket of the administration, is stating the party line. Get over it. How about you trot out the Warren Sapp, Brett Romberg, Phillip Buchanon, and Joaquin Gonzales comments trashing Al.

And LOL at you attempting to make it seem like its irrational couch fans that think 6-7 is unacceptable. Supporting Al getting fired is supporting the program. Get over.

did I say irrational couch fans? ..I don't recall that ..or is that how you refer to yourself? ..and feel free to support firing AG all you like. My honest concern is who would be the next guy up as there aren't many options that fall into the "Miami needs this guy" category that the University will shell out any money for. Which honestly is a scarey proposition in itself. I'm sure when the time comes that will take care of itself. At this point I support the University and it's programs as I have for thirty-five plus years(in a positive manner).
:dbc:

Advertisement
not even close..

so b/c Micheal Irvin implied that the reason Tim didn't come to Miami was due to fan negativity then it applies to all big time recruits (even tho its been reported by multiple people that Tim didn't like the position coach)? and lets ignore the multiple past players who have been very out spoken about the quality of the coaching staff. I guess Irvin's the only past player who is qualified to judge the coaching staff. And lets discus where the negativity comes from. I wonder why the fans and former players are so upset. Could it be because the team, under its 4th year with Golden just went 6-7 and made absolutely no changes. A team that will probably have 7-10 players make it to the NFL, not to mention another 3-5 from next years upper class that most likely will as well. I wonder why people feel so negative about the program these days.

not even close..

so b/c Micheal Irvin implied that the reason Tim didn't come to Miami was due to fan negativity then it applies to all big time recruits (even tho its been reported by multiple people that Tim didn't like the position coach)? and lets ignore the multiple past players who have been very out spoken about the quality of the coaching staff. I guess Irvin's the only past player who is qualified to judge the coaching staff. And lets discus where the negativity comes from. I wonder why the fans and former players are so upset. Could it be because the team, under its 4th year with Golden just went 6-7 and made absolutely no changes. A team that will probably have 7-10 players make it to the NFL, not to mention another 3-5 from next years upper class that most likely will as well. I wonder why people feel so negative about the program these days.
..personal opinion? I do not disagree with you at all but I also think that is only part of it.. the negativity though really only makes a difficult situation worse. I have no doubts at all that there are other things regarding the Irvin commit. I've been around it and involved in it, so I get it. That's just reality. Some here think I am in love with the HC which could not be further from the truth. My feelings are simple.. how many coaches to do we want to continue to run out of here every four years without having truly viable options to go to. It's that "be careful what you wish for thing". Great coaches are not beating down the Miami doors to get this job. People need to face that fact. Settling for medicority isn't the answer either. But there also comes a time when things need to be looked at "on the field". This past season is a prime example of that. A lot of these "talented players" dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, fumbled balls, committed crucial penalties when "they did have" opportunities to make a big difference in the result of the games and they didn't.To a point, yes, you can put that on the Staff and AG could have done better. A lot better. But when are players responsible for making good on the opportunities they have as well.. and THEY DID have opportunities.. plenty of them. I see a lot of coach bashing but I see no answers/solutions of substance. The University has never shelled out big $ for a HC. Do people really think that will change at this point?

This program has great "potential" to certainly be very good regularly.. but lots of these issues go much higher than the coaching staff. That is just the way it is. I just feel that piling on doesn't help, it tends to only make the hole the football program is in even deeper.

Advertisement
not even close..

..personal opinion? I do not disagree with you at all but I also think that is only part of it.. the negativity though really only makes a difficult situation worse. I have no doubts at all that there are other things regarding the Irvin commit. I've been around it and involved in it, so I get it. That's just reality. Some here think I am in love with the HC which could not be further from the truth. My feelings are simple.. how many coaches to do we want to continue to run out of here every four years without having truly viable options to go to. It's that "be careful what you wish for thing". Great coaches are not beating down the Miami doors to get this job. People need to face that fact. Settling for medicority isn't the answer either. But there also comes a time when things need to be looked at "on the field". This past season is a prime example of that. A lot of these "talented players" dropped passes, missed blocks, missed tackles, fumbled balls, committed crucial penalties when "they did have" opportunities to make a big difference in the result of the games and they didn't.To a point, yes, you can put that on the Staff and AG could have done better. A lot better. But when are players responsible for making good on the opportunities they have as well.. and THEY DID have opportunities.. plenty of them. I see a lot of coach bashing but I see no answers/solutions of substance. The University has never shelled out big $ for a HC. Do people really think that will change at this point?

This program has great "potential" to certainly be very good regularly.. but lots of these issues go much higher than the coaching staff. That is just the way it is. I just feel that piling on doesn't help, it tends to only make the hole the football program is in even deeper.

so what you're saying is we shouldn't get rid of a failing coach becuz the guy we replace him with might be bad? that's a pretty dumb way of thinking. If a coach is failing then you fire him, do your best to find a good replacement you don't give up becuz you made a mistake with Golden. If i remember correctly the AD that hired Golden and the one that gave him an extension are gone. you're right that miami has never shelled out big money for a HC and that didn't stop miami from becoming a dynasty, even with the head coach changing every few years. And as far as not having viable options we know for a fact that Butch is capable, cheap, and wants the job. So if all else fails you have a proven winner, talent evaluater, staff building, recruiting head coach. That's not a bad place to start

so what you're saying is we shouldn't get rid of a failing coach becuz the guy we replace him with might be bad? that's a pretty dumb way of thinking. If a coach is failing then you fire him, do your best to find a good replacement you don't give up becuz you made a mistake with Golden. If i remember correctly the AD that hired Golden and the one that gave him an extension are gone. you're right that miami has never shelled out big money for a HC and that didn't stop miami from becoming a dynasty, even with the head coach changing every few years. And as far as not having viable options we know for a fact that Butch is capable, cheap, and wants the job. So if all else fails you have a proven winner, talent evaluater, staff building, recruiting head coach. That's not a bad place to start

I didn't say he shouldn't be.. I am however saying that the negativity being spewn across south Florida isn't helping anything.. and if anything is turning off many. If he needs fired he will be. None of us may favor the timing of when that happens but that is only in the control of those that can make it happen. IMO if nothing happens between now and next season with his staff, then next season will be his make or break year. I don't think that is rocket science. As for Butch Davis.. as much as I like him and appreciate all he did to turn things around in his first stint, to a point he still does have some mud on the back of his hands from his days at uNC. Is that what we are looking for? Again, let's be careful what we wish for.. and I'm not sure how "cheap" he would be when it got right down to it.

Really who knows how it will play out.. but I do know that anyone on the outside watching things as they are now can see and even will openly say that Miami isn't a good situation to take on. Because if whomever comes in doesn't win now.. it will be the same garbage all over again. That is largely what this constant negativity sets up and feeds into.

Momentum is shifting at the right time. Need to hold who we got and let the Miami weather, playing time, and Kayaa brings these boys in. I don't care who our coach is, bring in the most talent we can! That's step one in getting back. Let's go canes!!

Never go full ******.

Advertisement
........Having a Jordan Belfort quote in your signature pretty much removes your point from consideration.

actually not really.. most who understand "work ethic" get it.. but we all know the reality is that's something that some find difficult to comprehend.. I've not spent time on this board aside from reading various thoughts and then I recently reg'd.. I was warned about a few and how they handle their misplaced passions but it happens everywhere.. I support the University and it's programs and choose to do so in a positive fashion rather than needlessly hammer a particular individual because they don't meet my personal criteria for success and I'll just leave it at that.. from what I see there are plenty that clearly have their own feelings on those things.. I'll continue to support the University and let those that need to fire the coach.

When the time comes for change.. I'll support the new guy equally because as they say "it's all about the U"

Michael Irvin, in the back pocket of the administration, is stating the party line. Get over it. How about you trot out the Warren Sapp, Brett Romberg, Phillip Buchanon, and Joaquin Gonzales comments trashing Al.

And LOL at you attempting to make it seem like its irrational couch fans that think 6-7 is unacceptable. Supporting Al getting fired is supporting the program. Get over.

did I say irrational couch fans? ..I don't recall that ..or is that how you refer to yourself? ..and feel free to support firing AG all you like. My honest concern is who would be the next guy up as there aren't many options that fall into the "Miami needs this guy" category that the University will shell out any money for. Which honestly is a scarey proposition in itself. I'm sure when the time comes that will take care of itself. At this point I support the University and it's programs as I have for thirty-five plus years(in a positive manner).

Don't be deliberately stupid. You clearly mentioned about people at home and their lack of football experience. You implied fans at home don't know what they're talking about and now you're backpedaling while still blaming the fans as the major issue. So I guess as a fan we're all couch coaches you just mentioned the symptoms to try and discredit angry fans. Get real. You obviously haven't been a fan for 35 years if you're taking a weak mentality going forward.

Also your ***** assertion that hiring a new coach, "scarey," is just vaginal. Your advocating to just go in backwards and take it up the *** may be fine for you but nobody else likes it. And hoping that the situation will just rectify itself? You are worse than Al and a troll. Go sit in a corner.

Don't be deliberately stupid. You clearly mentioned about people at home and their lack of football experience. You implied fans at home don't know what they're talking about and now you're backpedaling while still blaming the fans as the major issue. So I guess as a fan we're all couch coaches you just mentioned the symptoms to try and discredit angry fans. Get real. You obviously haven't been a fan for 35 years if you're taking a weak mentality going forward.

Also your **** assertion that hiring a new coach, "scarey," is just vaginal. Your advocating to just go in backwards and take it up the *** may be fine for you but nobody else likes it. And hoping that the situation will just rectify itself? You are worse than Al and a troll. Go sit in a corner.

Love the guys that want to try to talk down to everyone that doesn't agree with them. Then when they don't you toss fits of rage or type your best insults. You really should save your 7th grade insults for someone more your own age or someone that even cares what you might be able to say. Your "I'm the second coming" attitude clearly doesn't mesh in the adult world. If it did you'd not be *****ing and pouting because someone won't fire a football coach for you. I don't need to advocate anything for anyone as things are what they are and I can handle it. I am really sorry I hurt your feelings expressing an opinion different than yours. You go ahead and just keep firing coaches to stimulate your own mind. Thank you for everything!
:clapping2:

Why does anyone say this, as if it is a reason in defense of their position whatsoever? There is no less than 50 head coaches, and probably another 50 or more coordinators that would step in and be an instant improvement.

There are coaches right now, in a ****** conference, in a ****** recruiting ground, making half what golden is that would have won 10 games this year because their heads aren't up their ***. finding a coach that would be an improvement is not nearly the task you slurps make it out to be. Golden and his staff are terrible coaches, they have been their whole career as is evidence by their results. As was the case when he was hired, as will be the case when he is fired.

We are not pulling Saban, but no one is even ******* saying that. But if you think between two and three million dollars a year cannot attract anything better than a career .500 coach, who has never won a bowl game or a conference title, who has never even won 10 games to the U, you are as ignorant as the ****heads in the athletic department and the BOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also your **** assertion that hiring a new coach, "scarey," is just vaginal. Your advocating to just go in backwards and take it up the *** may be fine for you but nobody else likes it. And hoping that the situation will just rectify itself? You are worse than Al and a troll. Go sit in a corner.

Love the guys that want to try to talk down to everyone that doesn't agree with them. Then when they don't you toss fits of rage or type your best insults. You really should save your 7th grade insults for someone more your own age or someone that even cares what you might be able to say. Your "I'm the second coming" attitude clearly doesn't mesh in the adult world. If it did you'd not be *****ing and pouting because someone won't fire a football coach for you. I don't need to advocate anything for anyone as things are what they are and I can handle it. I am really sorry I hurt your feelings expressing an opinion different than yours. You go ahead and just keep firing coaches to stimulate your own mind. Thank you for everything!

Except that isn't true. I love the salty old men who think because they're old that their opinion is by default correct and they pull the, "You're a young whippersnapper," card because they're too proud to admit to being wrong. You evidently care what I have to say or you wouldn't have responded and I knew you bring up 7th grade because it was the good ole days when Hoover was president for you but your Red Herring tactic doesn't work.

Saying, "Second Coming," doesn't work either since I never said that nor do I feel that but thank you for revealing your jealousy of youth issues and I'm flattered that you would consider me in a Second Coming vain. Also, this is a football discussion board, not the water cooler at the office. It's a fun and frivolous arena and I'm sorry if you're cranky about it. Get over it.

I can handle it just fine as otherwise I wouldn't be here. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my differing with your opinion correspondingly as hurt feelings and yours were hurt accordingly. I'm sure Paul Harvey will comfort you.

You go ahead and keep thinking that everything is terrific and that the prospect of firing coaches is terrifying while well adjusted people who aren't scared of their shadow discuss it. Enjoy trying to stimulate your own mind if the synapses are still firing.

Hopefully those kids stay off your lawn this time so you don't get all bent out of shape.

3up8w9.jpg

Advertisement

Except that isn't true. I love the salty old men who think because they're old that their opinion is by default correct and they pull the, "You're a young whippersnapper," card because they're too proud to admit to being wrong. You evidently care what I have to say or you wouldn't have responded and I knew you bring up 7th grade because it was the good ole days when Hoover was president for you but your Red Herring tactic doesn't work.

Saying, "Second Coming," doesn't work either since I never said that nor do I feel that but thank you for revealing your jealousy of youth issues and I'm flattered that you would consider me in a Second Coming vain. Also, this is a football discussion board, not the water cooler at the office. It's a fun and frivolous arena and I'm sorry if you're cranky about it. Get over it.

I can handle it just fine as otherwise I wouldn't be here. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my differing with your opinion correspondingly as hurt feelings and yours were hurt accordingly. I'm sure Paul Harvey will comfort you.

You go ahead and keep thinking that everything is terrific and that the prospect of firing coaches is terrifying while well adjusted people who aren't scared of their shadow discuss it. Enjoy trying to stimulate your own mind if the synapses are still firing.

Hopefully those kids stay off your lawn this time so you don't get all bent out of shape.

View attachment 29211

LMAO ok.. that was pretty good- for you. Especially the parts about my thinking everything is terrific, Paul Harvey, and then the pic! That was definitely a good laugh. But clearly you fail miserably when it comes to deciphering all of what you read. I'm not wrong or right at this point and truth be told, neither are you. I expressed an opinion regarding the potential consequences of continuing to bash the coach as well as some other thoughts. When it comes to the "second coming" comment. Not once was it said by you until I expressed how your own salty assed attitude is. You've made it clear no matter what, that anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically some, I think your words are "f'n idiot." As for me and being a salty old man, quite the contrary. Typically I have more fun than most. I enjoy people and these types of venues although I'm not at all above calling out any jack *** that carries himself with such a "move over Christ, I'm in town" type of attitude. Any way you slice it, your ideas are no better than the next one. What I find crazy at this point is that surprisingly enough it seems as if we may have some similar thoughts on certain issues. However I guess I prefer to handle it in a bit more business-like fashion and not nearly in such a rude manner. Which includes not calling anyone who disagrees with me every four letter word they can spell or responding to them like a spoiled 12 year old. You see, I too enjoy the arena.. the fun and frivolous banter and things that come with it. Especially when it comes to my passions, one of which is Miami Hurricane football. However- me being jealous of you? ..now that is a laugh. If you get a chance today, try to relax and enjoy the moment at some point.After all, it's Friday and you are one day closer to at some point getting your wish!

Advertisement

View attachment 29211

LMAO ok.. that was pretty good- for you. Especially the parts about my thinking everything is terrific, Paul Harvey, and then the pic! That was definitely a good laugh. But clearly you fail miserably when it comes to deciphering all of what you read. I'm not wrong or right at this point and truth be told, neither are you. I expressed an opinion regarding the potential consequences of continuing to bash the coach as well as some other thoughts. When it comes to the "second coming" comment. Not once was it said by you until I expressed how your own salty assed attitude is. You've made it clear no matter what, that anyone who doesn't agree with you is automatically some, I think your words are "f'n idiot." As for me and being a salty old man, quite the contrary. Typically I have more fun than most. I enjoy people and these types of venues although I'm not at all above calling out any jack *** that carries himself with such a "move over Christ, I'm in town" type of attitude. Any way you slice it, your ideas are no better than the next one. What I find crazy at this point is that surprisingly enough it seems as if we may have some similar thoughts on certain issues. However I guess I prefer to handle it in a bit more business-like fashion and not nearly in such a rude manner. Which includes not calling anyone who disagrees with me every four letter word they can spell or responding to them like a spoiled 12 year old. You see, I too enjoy the arena.. the fun and frivolous banter and things that come with it. Especially when it comes to my passions, one of which is Miami Hurricane football. However- me being jealous of you? ..now that is a laugh. If you get a chance today, try to relax and enjoy the moment at some point.After all, it's Friday and you are one day closer to at some point getting your wish!

Yeah you're so above the fray as you try to be condescending and backhanded manipulative by saying that the jokes were good, "for you (me)." I'm glad that you concede that it was funny though. You continue to backpedal, make snide comments, and imply that I said things I never said and you're the one with the reading comprehension issue.

As far who's wrong and who's right, you seem to be advocating a tolerate Golden because he's here policy while I'm advocating that that attitude continues to hurt the program and a change is needed but you say that a change is, "scary." essentially making a test of my theory impossible. The logical fallacy there is stunning. I responded to your comments with vehement disagreement and you responded by being sour to it and we have escalated here accordingly. Disagreeing with me is fine and I'm no more right than anybody else and I've actually a ton of pretty thorough conversations with heavily disliked posters here and reached common ground while you went straight to bashing my being young. You responded hurt first, not me.

You bet I'm salty and you should be more so with what's happening to the program. I'm sorry for you that your passion to the program extends to you sitting on your thumbs because of fear over coaching changes and an unwillingness to upset the status quo.

As far as the, "******* idiot," comment is concerned, I just checked and I never said that to you but a quick check of your Neg History shows that Jedi Master Cane actually called you that and I called you a cuckold so you technically owe me an apology for misrepresenting me. 03085543-87de-47ab-a4eb-58e7e39d022e-620x372.jpg

Your explanation of how you aren't a salty old man just makes you sound like a salty old man. "I have more fun than most/I enjoy people," is what old people say. But hey, maybe you are a fun old person. Way to get out there and live, champ.

I'm glad you're not above calling out people with a Jesus complex, just like I'm not above calling out angry old people who resort to dismissing my opinion because they think I'm too young to have one. Take a look in the mirror dude because you might need to call yourself out.

Disagree with the idea statement. Not all ideas are created equal. Some people think ponytails look good on men. Some people think keeping Al Golden and being insulted by administration in the process is okay. Same parallels.

Maybe we do in fact share common opinions but you hardly approached this in a mature manner even though you want to pretend you did. You were't some distinguished elder statesman. You acted crotchety and just as rude like the prunes were late and tried to pull the Age Card. Maybe some other thread you can showcase a business like attitude and I'll reciprocate accordingly.

You really aren't good at citing sources because I have yet to call you a harsh insult. That was Jedi Master Cane. You might need to take an L on that one and admit you overreacted like a 94 year old with the TV being too loud.

I'm glad you enjoy the boards. So do I. I also have a passion for the Miami programs but you might need to check the heartbeat on yours if you think keeping things as they are is a better option that searching for a new coach. And I guess I mischaracterized you. You aren't jealous of me, you're jealous of youth in general. What a shame.

No go on out there and enjoy the skydiving lifestyle you apparently take part in. Don't be late for the parasailing! Keep on taking the world by storm.

Last edited:

View attachment 29211

Yeah you're so above the fray as you try to be condescending and backhanded manipulative by saying that the jokes were good, "for you (me)." I'm glad that you concede that it was funny though. You continue to backpedal, make snide comments, and imply that I said things I never said and you're the one with the reading comprehension issue.

As far who's wrong and who's right, you seem to be advocating a tolerate Golden because he's here policy while I'm advocating that that attitude continues to hurt the program and a change is needed but you say that a change is, "scary." essentially making a test of my theory impossible. The logical fallacy there is stunning. I responded to your comments with vehement disagreement and you responded by being sour to it and we have escalated here accordingly. Disagreeing with me is fine and I'm no more right than anybody else and I've actually a ton of pretty thorough conversations with heavily disliked posters here and reached common ground while you went straight to bashing my being young. You responded hurt first, not me.

You bet I'm salty and you should be more so with what's happening to the program. I'm sorry for you that your passion to the program extends to you sitting on your thumbs because of fear over coaching changes and an unwillingness to upset the status quo.

As far as the, "****ing idiot," comment is concerned, I just checked and I never said that to you but a quick check of your Neg History shows that Jedi Master Cane actually called you that and I called you a cuckold so you technically owe me an apology for misrepresenting me. View attachment 29220

Your explanation of how you aren't a salty old man just makes you sound like a salty old man. "I have more fun than most/I enjoy people," is what old people say. But hey, maybe you are a fun old person. Way to get out there and live, champ.

I'm glad you're not above calling out people with a Jesus complex, just like I'm not above calling out angry old people who resort to dismissing my opinion because they think I'm too young to have one. Take a look in the mirror dude because you might need to call yourself out.

Disagree with the idea statement. Not all ideas are created equal. Some people think ponytails look good on me. Some people think keeping Al Golden and being insulted by administration in the process is okay. Same parallels.

Maybe we do in fact share common opinions but you hardly approached this in a mature manner even though you want to pretend you did. You were't some distinguished elder statesman. You acted crotchety and just as rude like the prunes were late and tried to pull the Age Card. Maybe some other thread you can showcase a business like attitude and I'll reciprocate accordingly.

You really aren't good at citing sources because I have yet to call you a harsh insult. That was Jedi Master Cane. You might need to take an L on that one and admit you overreacted like a 94 year old with the TV being too loud.

I'm glad you enjoy the boards. So do I. I also have a passion for the Miami programs but you might need to check the heartbeat on yours if you think keeping things as they are is a better option that searching for a new coach. And I guess mischaracterized you. You aren't jealous of me, you're jealous of youth in general. What a shame.

No go on out there and enjoy the skydiving lifestyle you apparently take part in. Don't be late for the parasailing! Keep on taking the world by storm.
morecowbell.jpg

Advertisement
Back