Golden Gonna Close Like a Beast

Momentum is shifting at the right time. Need to hold who we got and let the Miami weather, playing time, and Kayaa brings these boys in. I don't care who our coach is, bring in the most talent we can! That's step one in getting back. Let's go canes!!

Lulz @ Golden closing like a beast.

This class is underwhelming and his S FL recruiting is a failure up to this point.

Advertisement
I'm with OP on this. I wasn't so sure until I heard all the scuttlebutt from guys with intimate knowledge of everything recruiting like Pete and Geo telling us that Brad and Chad were killing it on the recruiting trail.

With the help of those 2, Golden will finish with a top 5 class. I'm expecting a slew of positive news to come flooding in.

Advertisement
I'm with OP on this. I wasn't so sure until I heard all the scuttlebutt from guys with intimate knowledge of everything recruiting like Pete and Geo telling us that Brad and Chad were killing it on the recruiting trail.

With the help of those 2, Golden will finish with a top 5 class. I'm expecting a slew of positive news to come flooding in.

Sarcasm?

I never said that..... I do agree that Kaaya could have some pull on some kids no doubt but I doubt we get a top 5 or even top 10 class.

20-30's range. If we're lucky anywhere from 11 to 19.

What's fascinating to me is that Kaaya, Chad Thomas, et al are the ones recruiting the hardest. That makes sense as those kids will be around UM longer than any of the current coaching staff.

I just hope for a talented class, get through the season and fire Golden. I'm certain the next coach will easily make us winners.

Advertisement
Here's hoping!!

But I am a bit disheartened that we did not get a single commitment from last weekend's visitor list. Way too many kids to not come away with any commits.

Although on balance I should say, if last weekend helped us hold onto the kids we have committed, then the weekend was a success. We'll know soon enough.

Marcus Lewis, Norton, Calloway, berry all are trending to be canes especially and most certainly Marcus Lewis...

lol yeah ok pretty sure this sounds like last year and the year when be busted on Collins and MT

We getting Marcus Lewis period. Who the **** you think he is talking about if it ain't him? Stop being a mope man...
@LawrenceCager3: Canes Fam, we going to get another addition this week, mark my words!!!!! 😏👏

Don't hold your breath this could be another NJ gem :barbeque:

Hopefully he closes on some of these, but let's be real this recruiting class was suppose to be awesome. SBB, Ridley, and Irvin were once considered cane locks, not to mention the ridiculous amount of people we let get away. But hopefully we at least salvage the class so that the next coach has some pieces to work with

It is tough to swallow. This is a year where SFL is simply loaded, the kind of year many of us thought could put us back on the map, and we aren't pulling many of the studs we realistically should be in on. OOS guys like Cager may end up being beasts, but the guys getting away.....wow. Just wow.

yep wow.. if anyone was paying attention they'd understand the reason Miami isn't getting several of these kids is because of the outside negativity around the HC and that so many people are more concerned with bashing Golden than they are with supporting the program as a whole. Ask Michael Irvin.. he'll not hesitate to clear up for those that don't see it (or don't want to see it) why we really aren't getting some of this "talent".

Momentum is shifting at the right time. Need to hold who we got and let the Miami weather, playing time, and Kayaa brings these boys in. I don't care who our coach is, bring in the most talent we can! That's step one in getting back. Let's go canes!!

Lulz @ Golden closing like a beast.

This class is underwhelming and his S FL recruiting is a failure up to this point.

We're about to have 7 or 8 guys drafted relatively early and that incompetent head coach of ours went 6-7 playing in the ACC Coastal.

Cracks me up that people on this board even care about recruiting right now. You could bring whatever you want in and these incompetent ***** will manage to lose 4 or 5 games.

But just to stay on topic.....the man can't coach and he's about to finish with a very disappointing recruiting class. He's going to go down as the one worst coach in the history of the program.

But there's still time..I'm sure he's got a couple 2 and 3 stars from Jersey lined up as Plan B's.

Good times.

Hopefully he closes on some of these, but let's be real this recruiting class was suppose to be awesome. SBB, Ridley, and Irvin were once considered cane locks, not to mention the ridiculous amount of people we let get away. But hopefully we at least salvage the class so that the next coach has some pieces to work with

It is tough to swallow. This is a year where SFL is simply loaded, the kind of year many of us thought could put us back on the map, and we aren't pulling many of the studs we realistically should be in on. OOS guys like Cager may end up being beasts, but the guys getting away.....wow. Just wow.

yep wow.. if anyone was paying attention they'd understand the reason Miami isn't getting several of these kids is because of the outside negativity around the HC and that so many people are more concerned with bashing Golden than they are with supporting the program as a whole. Ask Michael Irvin.. he'll not hesitate to clear up for those that don't see it (or don't want to see it) why we really aren't getting some of this "talent".

Or because we went 6-7 and made no staff changes. Plus dumb fans like you probably scared recruits off because they were afraid such stupidity to blame fan negativity, which is probably the 5th biggest issue, may be contagious.

Advertisement

Or because we went 6-7 and made no staff changes. Plus dumb fans like you probably scared recruits off because they were afraid such stupidity to blame fan negativity, which is probably the 5th biggest issue, may be contagious.

ahhh yes.. the "fire the coach coalition".. many of whom never played a single down in their life after maybe middle school, if that. Yet they can coach better than even Lombardi could have, along with also knowing how the HC missed the blocks, dropped the passes, fumbled the ball, committed the costly penalty, pouted when the QB didn't throw them the ball, etc.. then of course refuses to hold the players accountable when they fail to be accountable or to "do their job" when they have that opportunity.

If it were only as simple as people make it out to be.
Irvin Tweet.jpg
pretty much says it all about the negativity people are casting on the program..
..it strikes me that people should decide if they are supporting the football program or more interested in firing a coach.

ahhh yes.. the "fire the coach coalition".. many of whom never played a single down in their life after maybe middle school, if that. Yet they can coach better than even Lombardi could have, along with also knowing how the HC missed the blocks, dropped the passes, fumbled the ball, committed the costly penalty, pouted when the QB didn't throw them the ball, etc.. then of course refuses to hold the players accountable when they fail to be accountable or to "do their job" when they have that opportunity.

View attachment 29193
pretty much says it all about the negativity people are casting on the program..
..it strikes me that people should decide if they are supporting the football program or more interested in firing a coach.

Having a Jordan Belfort quote in your signature pretty much removes your point from consideration.

Advertisement

View attachment 29193

Michael Irvin, in the back pocket of the administration, is stating the party line. Get over it. How about you trot out the Warren Sapp, Brett Romberg, Phillip Buchanon, and Joaquin Gonzales comments trashing Al.

And LOL at you attempting to make it seem like its irrational couch fans that think 6-7 is unacceptable. Supporting Al getting fired is supporting the program. Get over it.

Last edited:
I just hope for a talented class, get through the season and fire Golden. I'm certain the next coach will easily make us winners.

Depends who we hire.

We need a young aggressive coach. I don't care what system anymore just a aggressive charismatic guy who is aggressive. No more passive coaches!

He needs all the talent he can accumulate and then go spend time with Belichick, John Harbaugh, and Sean Payton this summer. Take his coordinators with him so they can get better at their craft. Remember a coaches role is to recruit and coach his coaches.

It falls on Golden!

Now back to the thread topic I'm off my soapbox. I hope he does close like a beast, ultimately it falls on Golden to sell his vision.

Last edited:

2015 was a decent year for SFLA but nothing to write home about. 2014 was better and it's appears 2016 will also be better. Other monster years in terms of prospects was 2010 and 2008. Although 2008 ended up being a bust.

Advertisement
Back