Golden going to be here next year

firing an incompetent coach is a scenario that is out of this world?

The key here is what is realistic. Realistically, we were never going to fire Al this season. End of story. Buyout concerns, lack of suitable replacement, inertia w/r/t to BoT, the administration not wanting to task a new president with the clean up right away, you name it. It was never going to happen.

Next season is a completely different story. Changes can be expected at that point.

Advertisement

The key here is what is realistic. Realistically, we were never going to fire Al this season. End of story. Buyout concerns, lack of suitable replacement, inertia w/r/t to BoT, the administration not wanting to task a new president with the clean up right away, you name it. It was never going to happen.

Next season is a completely different story. Changes can be expected at that point.

You're so full of sh*t

butch davis is begging for the job, he'd probably do it for $500k a year just so the buyout hurts less until the money is made back up

you're just like this pathetic administration, excuses and nothing but excuses

butch davis is begging for the job

Has nothing to do with his availability. Our administration isn't going to touch him. The sooner you accept that, the happier you'll be.

Has nothing to do with his availability. Our administration isn't going to touch him. The sooner you accept that, the happier you'll be.

excuses, the man has been completely cleared of any wrong doing

you're like that chick that claimed rape and had the case torn apart in court after lie after lie after lie had been exposed

Advertisement

you're like that chick that claimed rape and had the case torn apart in court after lie after lie after lie had been exposed

Somewhere along the line you got confused, so let me spell it out for you:

1. I'm not defending Al Golden.
2. I'm not happy with the on-field product.
3. I am a realistic person, and I don't waste time on fantasies that will never come true.
4. It has always been likely that Golden would be back in 2015.
5. This is because of all the factors I listed above.
6. It's never been realistic that Butch Davis would replace him, or ever be back at UM.

Somewhere along the line you got confused, so let me spell it out for you:

3. I am a realistic person, and I don't waste time on fantasies that will never come true.
6. It's never been realistic that Butch Davis would replace him, or ever be back at UM.

so a whole bunch of bs with no facts as to

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

understood, run for the BOT at UM

such factors
much amaze
total dip****

Last edited:
The odds of improving from here beyond a scheduling mirage are astronomical. We are under more of a "cloud" now than ever before.

The biggest problem I have with your statement is that you are right that we must do more with less (and always have), but that is PRECISELY WHY we must move forward from Al Golden who if nothing else has proven that he requires a massive resource advantage to win.

You may be right that we may have to into to next year with all the momentum that 6-7 off 4 straight losses and a lame duck staff provide, but what we don't have to do is support it financially. I'll be boycotting financial contributions to UM until this guy is gone.

That's fine and well, and totally your prerogative. But my message to some of the others on this board is that if you're going to criticize and pine for things, make them realistic, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies that will never happen, no matter how often you post about them here or elsewhere.

You're not happy with Golden? That's fine. I'm not saying everyone should be. There are valid criticisms to be made and we all want better. But there's a difference between rehashing the same impossible, never-in-a-million-years solutions and instead criticizing and looking at what can realistically be done to improve our situation.

Do what?!?!?!

Advertisement

Why are each of your posts stated with absolute certainty? In other words, who are you or who do you believe yourself to be?

Why are each of your posts stated with absolute certainty? In other words, who are you or who do you believe yourself to be?

He is an above the fray, rational thinker, unlike all of us heathens. In other words, he is better than we are.

I am having a hard time with the concept in the highlighted text because if the BoT takes action now and rids the University of an employee who is clearly under-performing--who just happens to be the highest paid employee in the University and one of its most visible (until recently)--wouldn't that prevent the next president from having to make the inevitable cleanup? I would rather take the reigns of a school with a new coach where there is some hope who I presumably won't have to fire for a couple of years than step into a situation that involves a coach who is doing a lousy job who I will have to fire within the first year of my tenure.

I am having a hard time with the concept in the highlighted text because if the BoT takes action now and rids the University of an employee who is clearly under-performing--who just happens to be the highest paid employee in the University and one of its most visible (until recently)--wouldn't that prevent the next president from having to make the inevitable cleanup? I would rather take the reigns of a school with a new coach where there is some hope who I presumably won't have to fire for a couple of years than step into a situation that involves a coach who is doing a lousy job who I will have to fire within the first year of my tenure.

I agree with you right there. I don't see any reason for us to go into a lame duck season and have our new president do all the dirty work cleaning up from the past administrations mistakes. Get rid of this clown now and let the next president have a clean slate regarding this program... I don't understand our administration the slightest

Advertisement

What in the past two decades has given you any indication that our administration would go back to Butch Davis, particularly after the recent outing of the UNC academic scandal? I'll rephrase if it makes everyone more comfortable: I don't think there is any chance Butch Davis will ever be a part of the Miami football program ever again.

Yeah, there are certainly ways it could make sense for them to do it that way, but that they haven't (and have given no indication that they will) should tell you all you need to know. If they were going to, they would've done it by now.

Blake James pulled a Coker today:

"That’s not the expectations for our program. With that said, I think it’s important to keep things in perspective and recognize everyone’s going out there trying to win, and on any given Saturday, 50 percent of the teams aren’t doing it.

Yeah, there are certainly ways it could make sense for them to do it that way, but that they haven't (and have given no indication that they will) should tell you all you need to know. If they were going to, they would've done it by now.

If one of the stated goals is to prevent the next president from having to deal with a clean up, then continuing to employ Golden seems antithetical to that precept to me.

As far as the school not giving indication that they plan to resolve the issue by firing Golden, I have yet to see an institution state that they are going to fire a coach before they actually fire the coach. My gut instinct is that the school is going to retain Golden because there seems to be an apathy towards the program and a patent disregard for the fans and boosters as well as the fact that no one wants to admit that a major gaffe was made when they extended Golden's contract prior to the end of his first season with the school.

Advertisement
My gut instinct is that the school is going to retain Golden because there seems to be an apathy towards the program and a patent disregard for the fans and boosters as well as the fact that no one wants to admit that a major gaffe was made when they extended Golden's contract prior to the end of his first season with the school.

Earlier in this thread I said this was among the reasons they wouldn't part ways with him this season. Next season's another story, as I also said.

At the end of the day, I think the guy's probably in over his head, too. I just also think we all need to be realistic about this. The administration's moves were plain and apparent, and we all should've seen it coming that he'd be back for 2015.

As far as the school not giving indication that they plan to resolve the issue by firing Golden, I have yet to see an institution state that they are going to fire a coach before they actually fire the coach.

I'm referring not to the administration saying they'll get rid of him. I'm talking about the past two decades of decisions, and getting the larger picture: the admin's never paid top dollar for a coach, they've always required a coach do more with less, and they're always going to have facilities that pale in comparison to those at Oregon, et al. It's also evident that they care more about doing things "the right way" than about winning at all costs -- hence why Randy got lauded for trying to clean up the program in terms of player discipline and rules (e.g. no guns), and why Al's been in the admin's good graces for doing the same.

All that said, and like I said in my original post, I still think this program can get better. I just wish certain people on this board and others would stop with the nonstop fantasyland posts about Butch Davis and things of that nature.

Last edited:

"That’s not the expectations for our program. With that said, I think it’s important to keep things in perspective and recognize everyone’s going out there trying to win, and on any given Saturday, 50 percent of the teams aren’t doing it.

This is loser garbage talk right here.

The best part of him slid down his mother's crack.

Advertisement
Back