Golden going to be here next year

Advertisement
If you thought there was a possibility that he wouldn't be, you spend too much time on this board. He was always coming back for (at least) one more season.

Some more "hard" truths:

• Butch will never be back at UM.
  • Coral Gables will never permit an on-campus stadium.
  • Miami will always have to do "more with less" when it comes to football facilities/coaching budgets.
  • Money from the University's general fund/MomentUM campaign will not be used for a buyout.
  • Donna Shalala has way less to do with the football program than some posters on this board would have you believe.

And the kicker? It doesn't matter. Miami is still capable of improving from this season. The sky is not falling.

Last edited:
Anyone that sits inside of SunLife for a single second next season should be castrated and exiled.

Advertisement
I usually make 1 trip a year to sun life with a group of about 7 people. we all live in the north east. just informed all of them that there won't be a trip next season.

and with that college football is officially dead for me

bring it on life

If you thought there was a possibility that he wouldn't be, you spend too much time on this board. He was always coming back for (at least) one more season.

Some more "hard" truths:

• Butch will never be back at UM.
  • Coral Gables will never permit an on-campus stadium.
  • Miami will always have to do "more with less" when it comes to football facilities/coaching budgets.
  • Money from the University's general fund/MomentUM campaign will not be used for a buyout.
  • Donna Shalala has way less to do with the football program than some posters on this board would have you believe.

And the kicker? It doesn't matter. Miami is still capable of improving from this season. The sky is not falling.

The odds of improving from here beyond a scheduling mirage are astronomical. We are under more of a "cloud" now than ever before.

The biggest problem I have with your statement is that you are right that we must do more with less (and always have), but that is PRECISELY WHY we must move forward from Al Golden who if nothing else has proven that he requires a massive resource advantage to win.

You may be right that we may have to into to next year with all the momentum that 6-7 off 4 straight losses and a lame duck staff provide, but what we don't have to do is support it financially. I'll be boycotting financial contributions to UM until this guy is gone.

Advertisement
i was hoping that my unborn son would have the pleasure of witnessing great hurricanes football that i was privileged to yesteryear....i guess that hope has been shaltered like a faded picture in a broken glass.

heartknife.gif

thanks Blake for killing my spirit. 35 year fan!!!!!35 years Blake!!!!!!!!!! and I am DONE!!!! I will not continue to support this **** anymore in any way. I am taking my UM tag off my car tonight!!!!, taking down my UM flag, putting up my office floor mat and my mardi grass UM beeds. **** any of you who say I am not a fan.....I hurt because of the love I have for this university!!! I refuse to watch this anymore. I am done!!!

and to anyone calling me "soft shouldered" **** you too!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of soft shoulders here. A lot of time left. Just because he says it doesn't mean it's true. Has to say it.

Advertisement
The odds of improving from here beyond a scheduling mirage are astronomical. We are under more of a "cloud" now than ever before.

The biggest problem I have with your statement is that you are right that we must do more with less (and always have), but that is PRECISELY WHY we must move forward from Al Golden who if nothing else has proven that he requires a massive resource advantage to win.

You may be right that we may have to into to next year with all the momentum that 6-7 off 4 straight losses and a lame duck staff provide, but what we don't have to do is support it financially. I'll be boycotting financial contributions to UM until this guy is gone.

That's fine and well, and totally your prerogative. But my message to some of the others on this board is that if you're going to criticize and pine for things, make them realistic, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies that will never happen, no matter how often you post about them here or elsewhere.

You're not happy with Golden? That's fine. I'm not saying everyone should be. There are valid criticisms to be made and we all want better. But there's a difference between rehashing the same impossible, never-in-a-million-years solutions and instead criticizing and looking at what can realistically be done to improve our situation.

That's fine and well, and totally your prerogative. But my message to some of the others on this board is that if you're going to criticize and pine for things, make them realistic, not pie-in-the-sky fantasies that will never happen, no matter how often you post about them here or elsewhere.

You're not happy with Golden? That's fine. I'm not saying everyone should be. There are valid criticisms to be made and we all want better. But there's a difference between rehashing the same impossible, never-in-a-million-years solutions and instead criticizing and looking at what can realistically be done to improve our situation.

improve the situation?

are you insane?

improve the situation?

are you insane?

Well I'm not talking in circles about scenarios that are never going to happen, so I'm probably more sane than a good chunk of the posters on this board.

Advertisement
improve the situation?

are you insane?

Well I'm not talking in circles about scenarios that are never going to happen, so I'm probably more sane than a good chunk of the posters on this board.

firing an incompetent coach is a scenario that is out of this world?

For the optimists..who always see the cup half full due to their "loyalty to the program" and "true fanhood" yes

Advertisement
Back