Golden Doesn't / Can't Recruit S FLA.....WRONG!

canesfanmpls

Sophomore
I seem to remember about a year or year and a half ago people were bickering that Golden either couldn't or didn't do enough recruiting SFLA.

All the recent troubles aside - this has to be shaping up to one of the best SFLA classes EVER (prospect wise).

I'll hang up and listen!

Advertisement
Not to be a debbie downer because he is doing a very good job, but there is still too much elite talent going elsewhere.

Not to be a debbie downer because he is doing a very good job, but there is still too much elite talent going elsewhere.

Point taken. Can't get every single one ever though either. This is one heck of a class made up hugely of SFLA kids. Get 1-2 more (flips) and even the great Ariz may agree!

The ones that got away:

- Corey Holmes
- Travis Rudolph
- Khari (sp) Clark
- Ermon Lane
- Dalvin Cook
- Sony
-Artavis Scott

All I can think of. BUT

Think how much we have, and we weren't getting them all in the first place. We have a pretty **** good SoFLa class..

Advertisement
The lines coming in on both sides of the ball are insane. Not to mention some pretty elite position players. Again we have to keep in mind they are "prospects" and a lot of things can happen (see UF) but this is how you build champion teams.

Advertisement

remember the ncaa cloud thing... yea that thing had probably had something to with it

This is an impatient fan base no doubt. My expectations are that when this incoming class reaches year 2 - we should be in championship mode. You need good talent and experience on the 2-3 deep to really challenge your teammates for playing time.

Some will always get away.

Do you greedy, unrealistic ****ers expect to get Sony, Yearby, Powell and Cook at RB in the same class?

Come on man!

Advertisement

Hate to agree. But the list is long.

As of right now, and listing only guys we tried HARD to get (while ignoring the westcoast Naples, Immokalee and Ft Myers, where we have struck out COMPLETELY):

SMichel
DCook
ACollins
ELane
TRudolph
AYoung
ACooper
RLouis
DKirkland
JBostwick
KBryant
KClark
MThomas
RRobinson

We NEVER have and NEVER will get them all. Not even Butch got everybody. Thats just the way it is. If you think we are getting every elite kid in Dade and Broward and PBC every year you mide as well stop following recruiting. Even during the "Golden Age" years we lost guys. (1986-199, 2000-2003) All you can hope for is that we build the class with great SoFla talent and get a few SUPER elite guys here and there. This year I think we still have an outside shot at Sony and Lane.

To the poster above, KClark is not elite. The only ELITE guys left on our list are Sony, Cook, Lane, and Rudolph. (And frankly I dont think Lane and Rudolph are ELITE im just throwing them in there to keep the dogs away. Really only Sony and Cook are ELITE. Lanes and Rudolph come a dime a dozen in SoFla every year. Case in point, Ridley and Burgess Becker next year are going to be better)

We NEVER have and NEVER will get them all. Not even Butch got everybody. Thats just the way it is. If you think we are getting every elite kid in Dade and Broward and PBC every year you mide as well stop following recruiting. Even during the "Golden Age" years we lost guys. (1986-199, 2000-2003) All you can hope for is that we build the class with great SoFla talent and get a few SUPER elite guys here and there. This year I think we still have an outside shot at Sony and Lane.

To the poster above, KClark is not elite. The only ELITE guys left on our list are Sony, Cook, Lane, and Rudolph. (And frankly I dont think Lane and Rudolph are ELITE im just throwing them in there to keep the dogs away. Really only Sony and Cook are ELITE. Lanes and Rudolph come a dime a dozen in SoFla every year. Case in point, Ridley and Burgess Becker next year are going to be better)

Why are you trying to be so realistic?

Advertisement
I seem to remember about a year or year and a half ago people were bickering that Golden either couldn't or didn't do enough recruiting SFLA.

All the recent troubles aside - this has to be shaping up to one of the best SFLA classes EVER (prospect wise).

I'll hang up and listen!

That was crap... 20% of the locals flaked out at the last minute!!!

Remember the following traitors:
M. Thomas
A. Collins
D. Kirkland
J. Bostwick
Bryant...

Last edited:
Elite is relative. You'd have to know the coaches' board to see who's elite in their eyes.

Who knows, the staff may have Lane and Rudolph rated as the highest WRs on their board which would make them elite in the coaches' eyes. Same goes for Clark at DT. He may be one of the top 2 or 3 rated DTs on the staff's board this cycle. You don't know.

But one thing we do know is that these players are/were targeted early in the process and some are still being recruited extremely hard as if they're elite.

When every **** school in the country comes her oto recruit heavy, NCAA sanctions are over our heads, the school building it's way back up, some kids wanting to leave home, negative recruiting against us and some kids just changing their minds at the last minute it becomes clear that the staff is still doing a good job with many factors going against them

didn't you read pete, you're not allowed to post anything that in any way implies something negative bout the staff. you gotta go to the WEZ for that b/c people here are fed up

Advertisement
Back