Golden Al on the Radio this AM- Anyone Catch It?

Advertisement
Lets go baby!!!! I get paid the day before so look out liquor store and any stray hog. Beer, football, and a smoking grill....CANNOT WAIT
GO CANES!!!

Couple quotes from his recent interviews.
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

"Kid's know we've already paid a severe penalty and the likelihood of them being effected by sanctions is negligible at best"

"it's different now, the student-athletes we've brought in, some are juniors this year, have been denied a bowl game and a chance to play in the conference championship game. That part is behind us, and soon, this cloud of uncertainty they've been operating under will soon be gone."

"We've been fighting our tails off thru the most adverse conditions you can have in college football. Let's face it, two years ago, we were on the front page of sports illustrated, and it wasn't because we were holding a national championship trophy...it was because they wanted us to drop the program, now you recruit thru that."

"I'm going to keep it clean here, but if you want me to get fired up, I'll get fired up because these young men that have come to our program during this tumultuous time, have done so because they love the U, they're fighting for it and want to get it back."

"This is the first time we've had a third team"

"closure is eminent, but please don't ask me about the closure"

"We're nowhere near done and we're just getting started, the recruiting is going better now, obviously there's energy around the program, we've got everything going in the right direction"

"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

"FAU is going to be coming in here flying around and it's going to be one of those first games, where you'll be seeing things they've worked on in the spring and summer that we didn't prepare for and we better be ready to go"

"Wheeler, Dorsett, Muhammad & Kamalu are difference makers and Alex Figueroa brings intensity/strength and clearly dismisses a star system in recruiting."

I got tears in my slanted eyes like Iron Eyes Cody reading this...

Advertisement
I'd shoot a man if Al Golden told me to.

Not sure about a man but I'd definitely hang a Gator.
443.jpg

Advertisement
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

"Kid's know we've already paid a severe penalty and the likelihood of them being effected by sanctions is negligible at best"

"it's different now, the student-athletes we've brought in, some are juniors this year, have been denied a bowl game and a chance to play in the conference championship game. That part is behind us, and soon, this cloud of uncertainty they've been operating under will soon be gone."

"We've been fighting our tails off thru the most adverse conditions you can have in college football. Let's face it, two years ago, we were on the front page of sports illustrated, and it wasn't because we were holding a national championship trophy...it was because they wanted us to drop the program, now you recruit thru that."

"I'm going to keep it clean here, but if you want me to get fired up, I'll get fired up because these young men that have come to our program during this tumultuous time, have done so because they love the U, they're fighting for it and want to get it back."

"We're nowhere near done and we're just getting started, the recruiting is going better now, obviously there's energy around the program, we've got everything going in the right direction"

"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

"FAU is going to be coming in here flying around and it's going to be one of those first games, where you'll be seeing things they've worked on in the spring and summer that we didn't prepare for and we better be ready to go"

"Wheeler, Dorsett, Muhammad & Kamalu are difference makers and Alex Figueroa brings intensity/strength and clearly dismisses a star system in recruiting."

We Back?

Certainly feels like it with the way they're getting after each other. Competition breeds success.

Wheeler looked good last year and he should get tons of playing time this year as a primary backup. Good to see he stuck with it.

Either that, or whoever transcribed the quotes misheard what The Don said.

Definitely more context needed to understand that quote IMO

In the same interview, he said his favorite foods were pizza, lasagna and golf.

He mentioned Kamalu as a difference maker. I for one never thought the kid would make an impact his first year here, especially not being an EE, but if this kid can really be a difference maker, **** solid contributor, we might be in for a surprise on defense.

Advertisement
Rosenberg interview is excellent. Sid has the best interviews with Al. Golden definitely had an edge in this interview.

Sounds like he's here for the long haul. Let's hope.

Wheeler looked good last year and he should get tons of playing time this year as a primary backup. Good to see he stuck with it.

Either that, or whoever transcribed the quotes misheard what The Don said.

Could be, of course. Nothing you don't already know but as everyone was (for good reason) wrapped up in our big name OL, Wheeler quietly emerged as a **** good rotational guy last year. He looks ******* huge this year too.

Advertisement

Some good **** in bold, along with what the others have posted. It's been a long, long, long wait.......but I am seeing the first rays of a Orange & Green dawn!

Advertisement
Back