Golden Al on the Radio this AM- Anyone Catch It?

BilchTheCane

Redshirt Freshman
Hurricanes Football ‏@MiamiHurricanes 4h
Busy morning for @GoldenAl. He's with @sidrosenberg at 6:30, CBS Sports Radio at 9:15 and "Defo and Goldie" on WINZ at 9:35.

Anyone catch these interviews, have some recaps for us? Seems kinda odd to lock down media access and then go on the interview circuit the next 2 days...

Advertisement
He's doin' a live interview with DBC at 3:00 pm, right after the NCAA notification arrives.

Advertisement
He's doin' a live interview with DBC at 3:00 pm, right after the NCAA notification arrives.

437.jpg

Couple quotes from his recent interviews.
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

"Kid's know we've already paid a severe penalty and the likelihood of them being effected by sanctions is negligible at best"

"it's different now, the student-athletes we've brought in, some are juniors this year, have been denied a bowl game and a chance to play in the conference championship game. That part is behind us, and soon, this cloud of uncertainty they've been operating under will soon be gone."

"We've been fighting our tails off thru the most adverse conditions you can have in college football. Let's face it, two years ago, we were on the front page of sports illustrated, and it wasn't because we were holding a national championship trophy...it was because they wanted us to drop the program, now you recruit thru that."

"I'm going to keep it clean here, but if you want me to get fired up, I'll get fired up because these young men that have come to our program during this tumultuous time, have done so because they love the U, they're fighting for it and want to get it back."

"This is the first time we've had a third team"

"closure is eminent, but please don't ask me about the closure"

"We're nowhere near done and we're just getting started, the recruiting is going better now, obviously there's energy around the program, we've got everything going in the right direction"

"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

"FAU is going to be coming in here flying around and it's going to be one of those first games, where you'll be seeing things they've worked on in the spring and summer that we didn't prepare for and we better be ready to go"

"Wheeler, Dorsett, Muhammad & Kamalu are difference makers and Alex Figueroa brings intensity/strength and clearly dismisses a star system in recruiting."

Advertisement
"when i brought camp to an end on Tuesday, I did so because it was so violent on Tuesday and Monday, and yet we had nobody in a red or yellow jersey"

"Kid's know we've already paid a severe penalty and the likelihood of them being effected by sanctions is negligible at best"

"it's different now, the student-athletes we've brought in, some are juniors this year, have been denied a bowl game and a chance to play in the conference championship game. That part is behind us, and soon, this cloud of uncertainty they've been operating under will soon be gone."

"We've been fighting our tails off thru the most adverse conditions you can have in college football. Let's face it, two years ago, we were on the front page of sports illustrated, and it wasn't because we were holding a national championship trophy...it was because they wanted us to drop the program, now you recruit thru that."

"I'm going to keep it clean here, but if you want me to get fired up, I'll get fired up because these young men that have come to our program during this tumultuous time, have done so because they love the U, they're fighting for it and want to get it back."

"We're nowhere near done and we're just getting started, the recruiting is going better now, obviously there's energy around the program, we've got everything going in the right direction"

"I played four positions in college, I went to PSU as a linebacker, got moved to D-end, played a little D-tackle and ultimately played TE. I didn't really start playing till my third year, I spent two years on the scout team...did it proudly, worked my tail off, earned my stripes, ultimately became a captain and then had a chance to play in the NFL. To me, that was maximizing my god given ability."

"FAU is going to be coming in here flying around and it's going to be one of those first games, where you'll be seeing things they've worked on in the spring and summer that we didn't prepare for and we better be ready to go"

"Wheeler, Dorsett, Muhammad & Kamalu are difference makers and Alex Figueroa brings intensity/strength and clearly dismisses a star system in recruiting."

We Back?

Advertisement
As much as we are all pulling for this team and living and breathing with every play, noone wants these kids to win more than Al ****** Golden.

You can just feel it when he speaks.

Advertisement

Out of that entire post, the bold part is what stood out to me the most.

Thanks, Randy

Advertisement
Back