Golden after practice

Not one the " fire" everyone guys but how long do we keep making excuses for the horrible defense? Year 5, 6 or 7?

Advertisement
He has looked stressed for a few weeks now. He sounded frustrated and rattled on Joe Rose this morning.

good, as he is too comfortable. doubtful but hopefully it trickles down to the coordinators.

Too comfortable? The guy has gone through a ****-storm with the NCAA for almost 3 years. He stuck with this program when he could of easily bolted. Has a top 5 recruiting class, a 7-2 record, and has done more for the perception and image of the program - both locally and nationally - then both Coker and Shannon ever did combined.

Too comfortable? Maybe you should GTFOH.

He has gone through a ****storm with the ncaa for 3 years? Sure.... but look more closely. He won 7 games his first season, 7 games his second season, and he's lost 2 games already this season. So why would you crown him for that?

He has a top 5 recruiting class? OK, but we are still ranked below FSU's recruiting class, and he has yet to beat FSU on the field.

I like Al Golden but let's be honest about where we are. He needs to replace Donofrio.

I'm not arguing that he needs to get rid of Dorito. And I'm not ready to crown him the GOAT either. I'm simply defending him being "too comfortable".

As for the recruiting class, so you're saying he has a top 5 class but its below arguably the best team in the country...unacceptable. Fire his ***.
Didn't beat arguably the best team in the country, but still gave them their toughest game yet...unacceptable. Fire his ***.

He has looked stressed for a few weeks now. He sounded frustrated and rattled on Joe Rose this morning.

good, as he is too comfortable. doubtful but hopefully it trickles down to the coordinators.

Too comfortable? The guy has gone through a ****-storm with the NCAA for almost 3 years. He stuck with this program when he could of easily bolted. Has a top 5 recruiting class, a 7-2 record, and has done more for the perception and image of the program - both locally and nationally - then both Coker and Shannon ever did combined.

Yes too comfortable. When has Al ever been ****ed off?

I don't want Al fired because of the majority of your text above. I want change and pressure on the coordinators. On the flip side, because of your text above and deservingly so Al can do no wrong in Donna's eyes so the pressure from his bosses aren't quite the same as your typical Canes coach

I know for a fact he was pretty ****ed off in the locker room after the game. But the only thing acceptable to some people around here would be a melt down at the post game podium and the immediate firing of the entire D staff with three games left in the season.

He has gone through a ****storm with the ncaa for 3 years? Sure.... but look more closely. He won 7 games his first season, 7 games his second season, and he's lost 2 games already this season. So why would you crown him for that?

He has a top 5 recruiting class? OK, but we are still ranked below FSU's recruiting class, and he has yet to beat FSU on the field.

I like Al Golden but let's be honest about where we are. He needs to replace Donofrio.

I'm not arguing that he needs to get rid of Dorito. And I'm not ready to crown him the GOAT either. I'm simply defending him being "too comfortable".

As for the recruiting class, so you're saying he has a top 5 class but its below arguably the best team in the country...unacceptable. Fire his ***.
Didn't beat arguably the best team in the country, but still gave them their toughest game yet...unacceptable. Fire his ***.

When you're the head coach at Miami, you have to be better than FSU. That's the standard. If he can't cut it, find someone who can.

Now I think Golden will get to that point but I don't think D'Onofrio is the answer. The sooner Golden realizes that, the better off everyone will be including Mark D'Onofrio.

I don't want Al fired because of the majority of your text above. I want change and pressure on the coordinators. On the flip side, because of your text above and deservingly so Al can do no wrong in Donna's eyes so the pressure from his bosses aren't quite the same as your typical Canes coach

I know for a fact he was pretty ****ed off in the locker room after the game. But the only thing acceptable to some people around here would be a melt down at the post game podium and the immediate firing of the entire D staff with three games left in the season.

Not asking for Dennis Green or Jim Mora blowup. Asking for less politically correct answers and public pressure of both coordinators and letting us know he is ****ed off. Keeping things behind closed doors all the time can lose value. Golden's answers look like our front seven. Dancing around blocks because they are soft instead of answering a question head on and driving the opponent back. We play like he talks.

Advertisement
I completely agree with his assessment, 3 short fields immediately after two 3 and outs and looking like heading into a 2 score lead early with miserable weather. too much for a thin defense with average talent to handle. we are not good enough on D to withstand turnovers

so you are accepting 549 yards to the 101st ranked offense? GTFOH

Do you watch the games? We are not that talented. We have one great player up to this point that's it.....

Not asking for Dennis Green or Jim Mora blowup. Asking for less politically correct answers and public pressure of both coordinators and letting us know he is ****ed off. Keeping things behind closed doors all the time can lose value. Golden's answers look like our front seven. Dancing around blocks because they are soft instead of answering a question head on and driving the opponent back. We play like he talks.

How do you know how we talks to the team behind closed doors? So "less politcally correct answers and public pressure of both coordinators and letting us know he is ****ed off" is the key? That will make Dorito come up with a better scheme? That'll make #30 a better player? The guy is trying to handle things in a professional manner with the media. He's said, "we need to do a better job, coordinators need to do a better job, I need to do a better job."

If only we could see this guy rip his coordinators in public, drop a few F-bombs in an interview...we'd be so much better.

When you're the head coach at Miami, you have to be better than FSU. That's the standard. If he can't cut it, find someone who can.

Now I think Golden will get to that point but I don't think D'Onofrio is the answer. The sooner Golden realizes that, the better off everyone will be including Mark D'Onofrio.

Seriously?

Lets say he realize he need to cut ties with D'o, what do you think he's going to do? Publicly shame his best friend to the media? Everyone needs to wait for the offseason, I expect a quiet departure of D'o.

Advertisement

Seriously?

Were you born yesterday kid? We've beaten FSU many times in the past. That's the standard here at Miami.

Al says he sits down with every player every year and discusses openly how they fit into the future. I would expect that he is capable of having that same frank discussion with any assistant, no matter how close they are personally. If you can't do that, then you are in the wrong business. It's about getting ALL of the pieces in the right places, including assistant coaches.

How do you know how we talks to the team behind closed doors? So "less politcally correct answers and public pressure of both coordinators and letting us know he is ****ed off" is the key? That will make Dorito come up with a better scheme? That'll make #30 a better player? The guy is trying to handle things in a professional manner with the media. He's said, "we need to do a better job, coordinators need to do a better job, I need to do a better job."

If only we could see this guy rip his coordinators in public, drop a few F-bombs in an interview...we'd be so much better.

The best head coaches typically are all jackasses. Saban, Meyer, Patterson, Gundy, Kelly, Stoops. Have seen zero edge from Al yet. Agreed that we don't know what goes on behind close doors and am sure that he does light a fire. My point is I am less concerned with him keeping a positive image at the mircophone as yes sometimes public criticism is what forces individuals to perform at a higher level. Based on all of Coach D's comments and interviews he feels no fire whatsoever and that is frightening for this program.

Seriously?

Were you born yesterday kid? We've beaten FSU many times in the past. That's the standard here at Miami.

We've beaten FSU? No ****. They're the #2 ranked team in the nation right now KID. You're basically saying beating the #2 team is the only thing acceptable. What if he beat FSU but lost to Wake, UNC and GT? That's all good.

Advertisement
Al says he sits down with every player every year and discusses openly how they fit into the future. I would expect that he is capable of having that same frank discussion with any assistant, no matter how close they are personally. If you can't do that, then you are in the wrong business. It's about getting ALL of the pieces in the right places, including assistant coaches.

Don't count on it. He was on WQAM this morning VEHEMENTLY defending his buddy/defensive coordinator.

Friendship and business don't mix. SMH.

Seriously?

We've beaten FSU? No ****. They're the #2 ranked team in the nation right now KID. You're basically saying beating the #2 team is the only thing acceptable. What if he beat FSU but lost to Wake, UNC and GT? That's all good.

Yeah we beat them in 2000 when they were the #1 ranked team in the country, as well as many times in the 80's and 90's the same scenario. That's what head coaches at Miami are SUPPOSED to do.

But apparently you were born yesterday and you don't know that. Kid.

Lets say he realize he need to cut ties with D'o, what do you think he's going to do? Publicly shame his best friend to the media? Everyone needs to wait for the offseason, I expect a quiet departure of D'o.

Have you heard Coach D talk? Guy has no problems at all, feels no pressure. It's crystal clear from his body language and tone that Al is not up his *** sideways.

Advertisement

Seriously?

Yeah we beat them in 2000 when they were the #1 ranked team in the country, as well as many times in the 80's and 90's the same scenario. That's what head coaches at Miami are SUPPOSED to do.

I cant argue with that...level of stupidity.

Seriously?

I cant argue with that...level of stupidity.

I actually feel sorry for you kids, you've never seen Miami when things are rolling and we eat teams like FSU for lunch. You guys just accept mediocrity. Beating FSU is the standard for the Miami Hurricanes program.

Advertisement
Back