Going Forward

Same and my PTSD is related to the positions of depth that cost us this year are predictable, like the ones last year were predictable.
Yup, there are a couple of spots, and Lee being one of them where we would be royally ****ed if an injury occured. Unfortunately DT is also one of those positions, so hopefully Deen is back soon.

Advertisement
I thought Deen was closer to returning then Mesidor.

With kichens the question is, do you hold him out till UNC and have that be his first live action after a scary event or do you get him some reps against tech to get back comfortable?

Lee look like a sprain ankle. I would suspect he should be fine by Tech
Big boy 76Rodriguez played well for a RS Frosh. Other than that one penalty (on the center :confused:), he looked good. Loved seeing him get down field looking for something hit. And did I say he was Big Boy....Lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Noted. But Rodriguez is good, its just that Lee is one of the best in college football. But don't sleep on Big 76, he can mature into something special for us.
He's back to fully healthy after being banged up. He's obviously a drop off but like you said, Lee may be the best Center in the country. Rodriguez can be the Center of the future.

This is where I’m at. We may come out of October relatively unscathed but my fear is that depth will catch up with us. However, if we manage to stay healthy the rest of the way, depth may not be as much of an issue?
Let’s remember that our opponents will have the same issues. No one we have has amazing depth that can handle injuries at certain positions.

The season will go on for us like it will for them, it’s going to be who has better luck with injuries.

If FSU is down 2 DTs, their top DB, their starting TE, and an RB like we are right now I will still feel confident we can pull it out (in the scenario that we have the same injuries which obviously won’t happen but you get my point that each team we face will have their own depth/injury issues)

if we are being realistic it is 9 wins. we have some tough games left and Louisville is playing out of this world.

I keep seeing people say this, but who has Louisville played? Our offense has been better than theirs in darn near every statistical category and we've faced a much more difficult schedule. And our defense has been miles better.

Advertisement
One game at a time and it'll be what it'll be. There's no sense in worrying about it. This has been as good as it gets in the last 20 years, so just enjoy it as it unfolds. Offensively, we're basically doing whatever the heck we want out there.

I keep seeing people say this, but who has Louisville played? Our offense has been better than theirs in darn near every statistical category and we've faced a much more difficult schedule. And our defense has been miles better.

They beat the powerhouse Indiana in a shootout 21-14. Yes the same Indiana team that needed OT to beat Akron. Louisville is a mid table ACC team at best

Advertisement
This season’s outcome will depend on our injury list. Guys like Lee, Deen, and Mesidor are irreplaceable — three of the best players on the team.

We absolutely NEED them for games like UNC, Clemson, FSU, etc.

I think we can handle GT in two weeks, but after that I have major concerns, especially along the DL. If we can’t pressure guys like Maye or Travis, we’re ****ed.

Good win yesterday. It feels great to be 4-0 and to have won convincingly in every game. Praying we can get healthier over the bye week before we get to the meat of our conference schedule.

It ain’t that deep we gon win with whoever on the field regardless

One game at a time and it'll be what it'll be. There's no sense in worrying about it. This has been as good as it gets in the last 20 years, so just enjoy it as it unfolds. Offensively, we're basically doing whatever the heck we want out there.
You know I can't remember the last time I've been this upbeat over the Hurricanes. I wanna say right before the season Al Golden took over

Advertisement
My heart stopped when Lee punched that ground.
When a player does that its often been a sign that its something bad thats gonna make them miss significant time. We all held our breath in the stadium.

But I had a pretty good view and was watching him closely afterwards. He wasnt really favoring it after a few minutes and his demeanor was positive. Im no doctor and not on staff, but Id be shocked if he misses any time or if this turns out to be a real issue.

Yup, there are a couple of spots, and Lee being one of them where we would be royally ****ed if an injury occured. Unfortunately DT is also one of those positions, so hopefully Deen is back soon.
All this worrying and the backups did there jobs for 2 games!

Depth:

QB - dropoff potentially disastrous

RB - solid, deep group of college backs

WR: significant dropoff; potential to develop/perform backups

OL: pretty confident we have 6, maybe 7
Hindering/crippling dropoff in the interior

DT - noticeable dropoff

DE - Mesidor, Bain then the rest. Largely no pass rush - throw 'em in a hat

LB - decent depth; buns in the oven

CB - hard to say; pretty clear pecking order

S - potentially disastrous; a CB (Davis?) shifts in case of emergency?
So basically depth is major concern.

Our two deep can compete with anyone in the country. But then it gets scary.

Advertisement
Back