Going Forward

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
This season’s outcome will depend on our injury list. Guys like Lee, Deen, and Mesidor are irreplaceable — three of the best players on the team.

We absolutely NEED them for games like UNC, Clemson, FSU, etc.

I think we can handle GT in two weeks, but after that I have major concerns, especially along the DL. If we can’t pressure guys like Maye or Travis, we’re ****ed.

Good win yesterday. It feels great to be 4-0 and to have won convincingly in every game. Praying we can get healthier over the bye week before we get to the meat of our conference schedule.

Advertisement
haven't heard a direct quote but it seems like mesidor, lee, kinchens will be fine for conference play

deen I think is an unknown but he'll have been sitting for a whole month by the time we need him so at least it happened when it did

Last edited:
haven't heard a direct quote but it seems like mesidor, lee, kinchens will be fine for conference play

deen I think is an unknown but he'll have been sitting for a whole month by the time we need him so at least it happened when it did

I thought Deen was closer to returning then Mesidor.

With kichens the question is, do you hold him out till UNC and have that be his first live action after a scary event or do you get him some reps against tech to get back comfortable?

Lee look like a sprain ankle. I would suspect he should be fine by Tech

Advertisement
I thought Deen was closer to returning then Mesidor.

With kichens the question is, do you hold him out till UNC and have that be his first live action after a scary event or do you get him some reps against tech to get back comfortable?

Lee look like a sprain ankle. I would suspect he should be fine by Tech
What was the diagnosis? Concussion? Stinger?
If that’s the case. Looked worse than it was.

Advertisement
Miami just doesn’t have the depth in certain positions. November will be very interesting with a tough schedule approaching at UNC.

This is where I’m at. We may come out of October relatively unscathed but my fear is that depth will catch up with us. However, if we manage to stay healthy the rest of the way, depth may not be as much of an issue?

Advertisement
The drop off from our first DL to the backups is significant. And Lee is sooooooo much better then Rodriguez.
No argument on this. However, because we are deeper elsewhere it can cover up in areas as you referenced. Before this year, your post would have had many more names and position groups in it.

Advertisement
Have to remember we won’t be putting Rodriguez in if Lee was out for an extended period of time. Rivers has played center. @Cribby will back this up most likely as I believe he is the one who said it
That’s fair, but I’d like to allow Rivers to continue to play the position he’s most comfortable at.

The question is have a big drop off at 1 position or a small drop on many.

Replace 1. Not all.

Depth:

QB - dropoff potentially disastrous

RB - solid, deep group of college backs

WR: significant dropoff; potential to develop/perform backups

OL: pretty confident we have 6, maybe 7
Hindering/crippling dropoff in the interior

DT - noticeable dropoff

DE - Mesidor, Bain then the rest. Largely no pass rush - throw 'em in a hat

LB - decent depth; buns in the oven

CB - hard to say; pretty clear pecking order

S - potentially disastrous; a CB (Davis?) shifts in case of emergency?

This season’s outcome will depend on our injury list. Guys like Lee, Deen, and Mesidor are irreplaceable — three of the best players on the team.

We absolutely NEED them for games like UNC, Clemson, FSU, etc.

I think we can handle GT in two weeks, but after that I have major concerns, especially along the DL. If we can’t pressure guys like Maye or Travis, we’re ****ed.

Good win yesterday. It feels great to be 4-0 and to have won convincingly in every game. Praying we can get healthier over the bye week before we get to the meat of our conference schedule.
Kam should be thrown in there but agreed.

our secondary needs Kam back there as they looked shaky without him and DL needs the starters back to help generate that pass rush going again. I want to see Bain play with the real starters and see him dominate.

If we get healthy and stay healthy, we're gonna have a really really good season. props to Mario and his new hires for that. this has been a success so far and what I expected us to look like when we hired Mario. can't wait to see us w more and more elite classes

Advertisement
Back