Godby v. IMG Academy (Sun Sports)

Very impressed with the canes at IMG. Just hope that Weinke doesnt put a bug in Jimbos ear about St Louis. That dude is the truth.

patchan goes without saying. He played lights out.

I like Fines. Hes just a plain ole fat NG. Which is what we need! Was impressed by what I saw.

I agree with all of this. But I don't think Weinke can do sh*t about our future All American tackle. He's solid and Patchan will whoop his *** if he even thinks about FSU. Sucks, however, to have Weinke at that football factory. EG Green is the OC, too.

Don't have to worry bout FSU they haven't offered St Louis

After this game, they'd be crazy not to.

Advertisement
I love that we got into IMG with some recruits as that place is going to be stocked year in and year out for the future. We tried last year with Scarborough, hopefully we can be a main pipeline for those guys

I love that we got into IMG with some recruits as that place is going to be stocked year in and year out for the future. We tried last year with Scarborough, hopefully we can be a main pipeline for those guys

If we can get a pipeline there it gets our recruiting to another level

Advertisement
Ryan fines is going to be a steal at NT for UM and just what the doctor order long term. The young man is very stout in the middle and will only get stronger in UTough and a redshirt year.

The other UM commits in the game I agree put on clinic, with te exception on OL Loftus he was not impressive but lets see how the rest season plays out an also who commits to UM before NSD.

Go Cnes

LMAO Ok people - having coached in the same program Fines was at last year - I think I can enlighten some of you on this athlete - believe me he is an athlete.

I came across this discussion looking for a preview of the Godby - IMG game. I just had to register to set the record straight.

We got him after he started as a Soph at what was Colorado's top program. There's a lot of misconception about this kid - not sure where it comes from, but his decision not to attend camps, etc after committing to Miami probably has something to do with it.

First the kid is huge - but to look at him you'd guess his weight at 285 - 290 when he weighed 310 in the spring. He's a legit just shy of 6'4" Everybody says he's slow, can't run. We timed him at 5.0 in the 40 when he was over 310. He's also naturally strong, very strong upper and lower. He has a pair of the biggest paws I've ever seen on a high school kid. He grew up playing hockey (he wore Florida Panther shirts - so I'm guessing that's his team if any of you care), and that probably created his tremendous lower body strength & toughness.

Those that say he was 'free to go' because Christmas (who should have been a 5 star, but took a few plays off) was double teamed, never watched our game film. Fact is we kept double team stats. Christmas was double teamed 15% of the time. And Fines? 44% of the time. Part of this was no doubt Fines playing his less natural NT position and Christmas played the 3. But the fact is he was double teamed 44% of the time. This year we were to play him at the 3 and I'm guessing that is where he will play this year at IMG. Christmas ran a 4.8, and was slower then both DE's (one now playing at Duke). So with the double teams and the speed of his line mates - no wonder Fines did not get many sacks.

Somebody thinks he will be dominated? LOL - he was never dominated last year as a junior and he went against some of the top OL's in the country at Gilman, University and a team from DC (name escapes me). He also went against one of the best OL's in the country every week in practice. Fines was routinely double teamed against 300 pounders, most of who will play college ball. To my knowledge no one last year ran his gap. Godby might be big on their OL - no way they will dominate this young man (who by the way is a great kid). Fact is - I'll be surprised if they run his gap (provided he's healthy - he had a tweaked ankle in the spring).

BTW, I am a Gator and think Muschamp made a big mistake not offering this kid (as I told him). Golden and his staff are no dummies. They know what they have.

Wish I could tell you guys good luck...sorry.

Thanks for sharing. I have been touting young mr. Fines from the moment he committed as a great pick up. But I woud have to disaggree that he is not a natural NT. He is built to play the NT and is mobile enough to provide inside out pursuit, if he continues to develop he should project to be a all acc 2nd teamer and in 6 years a 2nd or 3rd round NFL selection at least with the premium placed on 2 gapping NT's that are also athletic.

Go Canes

Last edited:
HJALTE FROHOLDT #92 apparently has a injured hand/arm and surprising wasn't very impressive tonight, I would atrribute his lack of performance to his injury. But the fact he is still on the field in the trenches with a huge cast on his arm speaks to his toughness, an it will be interesting to see how the season plays out for the arkansas commit.

Go Canes

My former business partner EG Green (WR FSU) is the receivers coach at IMG. His cousin Christian Green is a WR for FSU and my former youth QB. I know the Patchans since he started youth football in our league and I can guarantee everybody here that Patchan is at minimum 6'5". That said then Fine is a legit 6'3/4". But as seems to all common FSU got another stud DL in #99 from Godby. Why on earth isn't their at least 1, uno, one stud DT in all of SoFl each year????

Advertisement
My former business partner EG Green (WR FSU) is the receivers coach at IMG. His cousin Christian Green is a WR for FSU and my former youth QB. I know the Patchans since he started youth football in our league and I can guarantee everybody here that Patchan is at minimum 6'5". That said then Fine is a legit 6'3/4". But as seems to all common FSU got another stud DL in #99 from Godby. Why on earth isn't their at least 1, uno, one stud DT in all of SoFl each year????

In my mind, Randy Moss and EG Green were the two best athletes who came through FSU in the 90s. EG was a freak. I played basketball against some of the best players in the country, including Marbury, Carter and Iverson. EG Green was a better defender on the hardcourt than all of them. His lateral quickness was ridiculous. I still can't believe that out of Warrick, Coles, and Green, Coles ended up with the best pro career. No one around the FSU program would have guessed that in 1997.

In my mind, Randy Moss and EG Green were the two best athletes who came through FSU in the 90s. EG was a freak. I played basketball against some of the best players in the country, including Marbury, Carter and Iverson. EG Green was a better defender on the hardcourt than all of them. His lateral quickness was ridiculous. I still can't believe that out of Warrick, Coles, and Green, Coles ended up with the best pro career. No one around the FSU program would have guessed that in 1997.

I have played against E.G. too he was nasty on the basketball court and he was a lefty

Advertisement
Back