Goat

Again, we're arguing Patriots success. I just said Brady's a Mount Rushmore QB. The fact that Bellichick was able to squeeze out 11 wins with a subpar QB tells you that the Pats' success is more predicated on Bellichick than Brady. You literally are proving my point.

Show you statistically how Brady is way better than the guys you claim had equal clutch performances....you then credit coaching for the huge discrepancy. Show you what happens offensively when all factors, including coaching are equal, but Brady is removed....You ignore the massive discrepancy.

That year Patriots and the Dolphins won the 11 games was because they got both the AFC & NFC west were only 9-7 Arizona was able to finish above .500. It was a very easy schedule that year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In Brady's first SB win, he threw 1 TD throughout the playoffs. You see how that **** works?

Did he win?
This has GOAT written all over it. Brady 9 passes completed in a row to get within 3. Then Completed 8 passes in a row in over time. Stop with your BS.
Then after Walter's 33-yard punt gave the Raiders a first down on their own 49, a 22-yard reception by receiver Jerry Rice set up Janikowski's second field goal, giving the Raiders a 13–3 lead with two minutes left in the third quarter.

In the fourth quarter, Brady led the Patriots on a 10-play, 67-yard drive, completing nine consecutive passes for 61 yards and finishing it with a 6-yard touchdown run that made the score 13-10. Later in the quarter, Patriots receiver Troy Brown returned Shane Lechler's 37-yard punt 27 yards to the Patriots 46-yard line. Brown fumbled the ball at the end of the return, but Pats linebacker Larry Izzo recovered it with 2:06 left on the clock. A few plays later, the "tuck" incident occurred. As Brady dropped back to pass, he lost the ball while being tackled by former college teammate Charles Woodson, and Oakland linebacker Greg Biekert recovered it with 1:47 left. However, an official instant replay review caused referee Walt Coleman to overturn the fumble, ruling Brady's arm had been moving forward while being tackled and making the play an incomplete pass. Taking advantage of his second chance, Brady completed a 13-yard pass to Patten and rushed for a 1-yard gain that moved the team to the Raiders 28-yard line, where Vinatieri made a 45-yard field goal with 27 seconds left, a dramatic kick through heavy snowfall that barely cleared the crossbar, sending the game into overtime.

New England won the coin toss and drove 63 yards in 14 plays for the winning field goal, with Brady completing eight consecutive passes for 45 yards, including a 20-yard completion to J. R. Redmond and a 6-yard pass to Patten at the Raiders' 22-yard line on fourth down and 4 to keep the drive alive. While Vinatieri's game-tying kick had the wind at his back, this drive was into the wind and the Patriots wanted to move closer. Following five runs from Antowain Smith for 15 yards and one from Brady for 2, and after a drive of more than eight minutes, Vinatieri and Walter cleared snow away from where the ball would be spotted. Vinatieri then gave New England its first lead of the game, making a 23-yard field goal to win.

Then you used in incorrectly. I suggest some grammar courses online.

Nah, I’m good fam. Thanks for the tip tho.

Also, I didn’t use “in” incorrectly. I believe the word you’re looking for is “it”. You believe I used “it” incorrectly. I gotcha tho my brother, just trying to help. You might wanna buy that lawn service you work for one day and you’ll have to show a semblance of intelligence. I’m here for you. Good luck.

Advertisement
Did he win?
This has GOAT written all over it. Brady 9 passes completed in a row to get within 3. Then Completed 8 passes in a row in over time. Stop with your BS.
Then after Walter's 33-yard punt gave the Raiders a first down on their own 49, a 22-yard reception by receiver Jerry Rice set up Janikowski's second field goal, giving the Raiders a 13–3 lead with two minutes left in the third quarter.

In the fourth quarter, Brady led the Patriots on a 10-play, 67-yard drive, completing nine consecutive passes for 61 yards and finishing it with a 6-yard touchdown run that made the score 13-10. Later in the quarter, Patriots receiver Troy Brown returned Shane Lechler's 37-yard punt 27 yards to the Patriots 46-yard line. Brown fumbled the ball at the end of the return, but Pats linebacker Larry Izzo recovered it with 2:06 left on the clock. A few plays later, the "tuck" incident occurred. As Brady dropped back to pass, he lost the ball while being tackled by former college teammate Charles Woodson, and Oakland linebacker Greg Biekert recovered it with 1:47 left. However, an official instant replay review caused referee Walt Coleman to overturn the fumble, ruling Brady's arm had been moving forward while being tackled and making the play an incomplete pass. Taking advantage of his second chance, Brady completed a 13-yard pass to Patten and rushed for a 1-yard gain that moved the team to the Raiders 28-yard line, where Vinatieri made a 45-yard field goal with 27 seconds left, a dramatic kick through heavy snowfall that barely cleared the crossbar, sending the game into overtime.

New England won the coin toss and drove 63 yards in 14 plays for the winning field goal, with Brady completing eight consecutive passes for 45 yards, including a 20-yard completion to J. R. Redmond and a 6-yard pass to Patten at the Raiders' 22-yard line on fourth down and 4 to keep the drive alive. While Vinatieri's game-tying kick had the wind at his back, this drive was into the wind and the Patriots wanted to move closer. Following five runs from Antowain Smith for 15 yards and one from Brady for 2, and after a drive of more than eight minutes, Vinatieri and Walter cleared snow away from where the ball would be spotted. Vinatieri then gave New England its first lead of the game, making a 23-yard field goal to win.

I can tell you're a Pats fan.

Hahahahhahaha this is so great. The commentary is amazing, but really a great microcosm too of Brady’s game. What was that? 8 completions that Malik Rosier could’ve made? At least? The ball to Gronk was great, no doubt. But Brady competed 21 passes last night (of 35 btw, 60% is well below league average) and probably 17 or 18 of them Kirby Freeman could’ve completed. Oh and they scored 3 points in the first 50 minutes of the game with the other offense doing literally nothing. Yep. He’s the GOAT.

I can tell you're a Pats fan.

I grew up a half hour away from the stadium. I'll be honest though I go by facts and wins. He has more big wins than any other QB. Is he my favorite football player? No! Barry Sanders is, he's my GOAT RB, wish he was on a good team we could have seen his true potential.

Advertisement
Hahahahhahaha this is so great. The commentary is amazing, but really a great microcosm too of Brady’s game. What was that? 8 completions that Malik Rosier could’ve made? At least? The ball to Gronk was great, no doubt. But Brady competed 21 passes last night (of 35 btw, 60% is well below league average) and probably 17 or 18 of them Kirby Freeman could’ve completed. Oh and they scored 3 points in the first 50 minutes of the game with the other offense doing literally nothing. Yep. He’s the GOAT.

Do you think Jordan was the GOAT?

m55DVg8.gif
EthicalWhichHagfish-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
So the Rams weren't playing defense?

I mean, Brady's a great QB, I think we can all agree upon that. What gets me is when people say he's the GOAT over Montana, Manning, etc... simply based off SB rings. You think it helps that Brady has Bellichick who's without a doubt the greatest HC of all-time in the NFL? Again, if you put Manning in place of Brady, they probably win more.

Do you think Jordan was the GOAT?

Yes. Because in basketball, individual talent has a higher impact on the game. Coaching is more focused in football where game planning is more effective and having a good-to-great QB (which Brady fits the latter). Bellichick and Flores out-schemed Sean McVay. Once they couldn't get the running game going, their offense was stuck. Bellichick shut down the (2nd if we count KC which there's debate there) best offense in the league and held them to 3 points. Brady did enough to not to lose the game and managed the game; but that shouldn't enforce him as the GOAT QB.

Advertisement
I grew up a half hour away from the stadium. I'll be honest though I go by facts and wins. He has more big wins than any other QB. Is he my favorite football player? No! Barry Sanders is, he's my GOAT RB, wish he was on a good team we could have seen his true potential.

There it is. I never understood how Patriots fans don't accept that Bellichick is the greatest coach, and instead give the credit to Brady. I've only met one Pats fan that has understood this concept.

So the Rams weren't playing defense?

Of course they were playing defense. They were 6th worst in the NFL in YPP allowed this year. They were a middle of the pack or worse defense in essentially every single metric. Sure, Wade Phillips is a good DC, sure they have good players (especially up front), and sure they had 2 weeks to prepare and of course were putting forth max effort. You know who else does that? Literally every single team who has ever played in the Super Bowl, and how many held their opposition to 3 points well into the 4th quarter?

The Rams defense, by every single definition, was AT BEST mediocre this season, and at worst one of the bottom feeders in the league. The GOAT put up a shiny field goal through almost 3.5 quarters. That same incredible defense gave up 22 to the Cowboys and 23 to the Saints. But the GOAT put up 3?

Advertisement
Back