Go national

Diaz talked about doing research on South Florida kids, and he stated that the reason we did not offer certain South Florida kids is because we had done our research. He also stated that our players know the types of kids we're trying to recruit and they give input on who we should go after. I think this approach will work in time.

We have over 25 guys from out of the state of FL on our roster right now, not counting guys who are just scout team or walk ons. Many of those out of state kids are from NJ, but they come from as far away as Cally and NY, and some are our better players. Again, we've always had them.

What I think is ****ing most of us off is that too many SF kids disrespect our program. I agree. The way to fix that is to add to the win column. Win often and win meaningful games and more and more top players from SF and nationally will come. Front runners will come to the U. We just need to get out in front.

Advertisement
Diaz talked about doing research on South Florida kids, and he stated that the reason we did not offer certain South Florida kids is because we had done our research. He also stated that our players know the types of kids we're trying to recruit and they give input on who we should go after. I think this approach will work in time.

We have over 25 guys from out of the state of FL on our roster right now, not counting guys who are just scout team or walk ons. Many of those out of state kids are from NJ, but they come from as far away as Cally and NY, and some are our better players. Again, we've always had them.

What I think is ****ing most of us off is that too many SF kids disrespect our program. I agree. The way to fix that is to add to the win column. Win often and win meaningful games and more and more top players from SF and nationally will come. Front runners will come to the U. We just need to get out in front.

The disrespect sucks, but it's about the kids going elsewhere. If they go to bama but are nice about it, they still went to bama. JJ was good about his recruiting, but he's still not going to help us next year so what the do i care about him being respectful?

I think the staff also tries to find kids who come from 2 parent homes (whenever they can). Those kids are less likely to take $$$ from SEC schools. And they generally have more discipline and a better work ethic.

Just my guess - I'm sure I'll get killed for saying that.

We've always done this.

That doesn't give us a pass for striking out on elite locals though.

You realize that CB's Quincy Wilson and Fabian Moreau are both predicted to go within the 1st/2nd round of the upcoming draft and they're both from Broward County? And both would've likely been here had we offered. (I love Corn but I'd trade those 2 for him in a heartbeat) We also would've had Burns in the same defensive backfield. That's THREE 1st round level CB's from South FLA playing at Miami.

Don't get it twisted, the best football players are still down here and South FLA should always remain our focal point. A couple studs from out of state don't change that.

Hold up there champ. You say they both would have come if we'd called, but it seems like most of the guys we offer choose other schools anyway so I wouldn't be so sure. It's easy to claim you wanted to go to Miami but they didn't offer once you've already left and don't have to live by that claim. As for focus, of course we focus in SFLA...it's not only loaded with talent, but it's super easy for the coaches to get to.

That's not how I remember it. It was all over this board that Quincy was a legacy, a top rated DB, all we had to do was offer. Everyone was besides themselves in disbelief that Golden didn't show any interest until late in the game after they stuck out on other targets :hammering_head:

It poisoned the water with the whole family and made AH hard to recruit.

According to ESPN only 1 of the top 10 kids from the state of Florida signed with an in-state school....These kids dont care about staying home

Advertisement
Only leave South Florida for special players.

Easier said than done. They leave us like its not a thing. They don't seem to want to play for the U

Serious question... if Clemson, Bama, FSU, Miami were offering you... and all you've seen from Miami for the last 12 years of your life is dog**** and not 1 ACC ship appearance, where would you go? (don't answer as a fan, answer honestly)

These small town schools have a lot to offer that we don't - on campus stadium, unreal game atmosphere, better facilities, college town that lives for football, less distractions, etc.

Only way we begin to beat these schools is by first understanding why these kids are leaving (which our staff obviously knows, but some fans fail to understand).

Real talk....they just don't have to go about it like pvssies. Like for example, don't commit (CJ) if you're not sure. Don't tell the coaches you're coming, then Sunday night you "changed" your mind. Just tell the coaches straight up, "look I want to leave town". "Want to play for a proven winner".

The atmosphere in traditional college football towns is amazing. The facilities makes kids feel like they already in the pros. Not to mention some kids legit just want to leave the nest and have a little more freedom.

But the disrespect and trolling has to stop. I don't care if these are kids, (18 you're an adult to me) if I saw Henderson in the street tomorrow that niqqa is catching a fade from me.

According to ESPN only 1 of the top 10 kids from the state of Florida signed with an in-state school....These kids dont care about staying home

And of those 3 schools FSU is the only one doing damage nation-wide.

UF is in the worst spot moving forward imo. We always have So Fla to fall back on (especially when we start winning again). They will be fighting UGA, Bama, Clemson, FSU, and LSU for all that southeastern talent.

If there is one school we need to focus on keeping out of So Fla right now it's UF.
FSU seems content recruiting nationally under Jimbo. Fine by me.

UF just went 4-8 two years ago and still manages to cherry pick guys from SF....I would hardly say any recruit picking UF right now is a "front runner" . We have a better team than they do period.

Advertisement

Easier said than done. They leave us like its not a thing. They don't seem to want to play for the U

Serious question... if Clemson, Bama, FSU, Miami were offering you... and all you've seen from Miami for the last 12 years of your life is dog**** and not 1 ACC ship appearance, where would you go? (don't answer as a fan, answer honestly)

These small town schools have a lot to offer that we don't - on campus stadium, unreal game atmosphere, better facilities, college town that lives for football, less distractions, etc.

Only way we begin to beat these schools is by first understanding why these kids are leaving (which our staff obviously knows, but some fans fail to understand).

Real talk....they just don't have to go about it like pvssies. Like for example, don't commit (CJ) if you're not sure. Don't tell the coaches you're coming, then Sunday night you "changed" your mind. Just tell the coaches straight up, "look I want to leave town". "Want to play for a proven winner".

The atmosphere in traditional college football towns is amazing. The facilities makes kids feel like they already in the pros. Not to mention some kids legit just want to leave the nest and have a little more freedom.

But the disrespect and trolling has to stop. I don't care if these are kids, (18 you're an adult to me) if I saw Henderson in the street tomorrow that niqqa is catching a fade from me.

Agree, but that's why evaluating kids and having extensive relationships (longer than 1 year) are so important at this point. Richt has already shown that he's picky and is not afraid to tell a kid your scholly is gone (Gibson and others).

We've got a seasoned vet at the helm, and I feel comfortable that moving forward he will get this recruiting game going for us. Just give me a class between 5-15 every year and with proper player development we'll be competing in playoff games. Then you start to win a couple playoff games and now we'll be in the discussion for top 5 classes.

Last edited:

Agree, but that's why evaluating kids and having extensive relationships (longer than 1 year) are so important at this point. Richt has already shown that he's picky and is not afraid to tell a kid your scholly is gone (Gibson and others).

We've got a seasoned vet at the helm, and I feel comfortable that moving forward he will get this recruiting game going for us. Just give me a class between 5-15 every year and with proper player development we'll be competing in playoff games. Then you start to win a couple playoff games and now we'll be in the discussion for top 5 classes. Until then... no way.

I'm all in on Richt. I have lost all my trust in the elite south Florida divas. They don't know what it means to give a man your word. They don't understand the importance of a handshake. These kids lack character

We've got a seasoned vet at the helm, and I feel comfortable that moving forward he will get this recruiting game going for us. Just give me a class between 5-15 every year and with proper player development we'll be competing in playoff games. Then you start to win a couple playoff games and now we'll be in the discussion for top 5 classes. Until then... no way.

I'm all in on Richt. I have lost all my trust in the elite south Florida divas. They don't know what it means to give a man your word. They don't understand the importance of a handshake. These kids lack character

Notice that most of the kids Richt goes after come from good families (mother and a father). The current freshmen who balled out this year, whether it be Richards or Shaq... they come from great families and had a father in their lives. These are the kids that will turn the "new U" around because they're less likely to take cash handouts from the SEC, and/or back out of a verbal commitment.

Of course the program will have plenty of rough around the edges types who come from tough upbringings, but the leaders on the field who will guide the program back will be the aforementioned.

Our National brand seems to have more clout than our local brand. Our local brand is very tainted for some reason by the locals. The way college football has gone in south and how we have struggled for going on decade plus has given alot of the behind scene guys enough ammo to make moves. We have mishandled some recruitments also but when you hear national guys talk about UM (DJ Johnson, DJ Dallas, Jeff Thomas) They talk more highly than the locals. Its gotten bad, locals are more on wait and see mode, lets see if they win a real game. (which in past few years we always lose) They are more business decision mode. We get no local love. Got to win to get the Local stars, all seem to be on the take

This is 100% truth. However, many of our fans are in total denial mode, trashing our coaches for not landing local kids. Not saying coaches shouldn't do their jobs, but the unfortunate truth is that most top local kids just aren't feeling us right now and haven't been for a while. To fix that, we need to start getting to the ACCCG pretty much yearly, and for fvck's sake, start beating FSU. That's another thing entirely besides winning: as long as we are being punked by FSU, many local kids aren't going to take us seriously no matter what the coaches do on the recruiting trail.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As a fan base we have suffered way too long. But we need to be patient. Look at dabo's first 5/6 years at Clemson.

It will take Richt a few years to recruit on an elite level down here. Notice he's visiting 8th grade camps and stuff. He is getting himself involved with the community on a level we haven't seem from other coaches in a while. He will be here for a long time.

The local kids get to hear all the negatives about Miami from schools competing for their services. Out of state schools hear a lot less.

I'm sure this, coupled with the Shalala Era, is what's ruined the image locally. Even fvckin Rumph was bad mouthing Miami under Golden.

Richt demands way too much respect from HS coaches (also shows them more respect) to get that kinda treatment. We'll have So Fla coaches back on our sides for once.

Advertisement
image.jpg

Coach Macho I'm not confident Quincy Wilson would have come here if we had initially offered at CB. That school and family hasn't given us much lately. You can't tell me all that negativity is from a CB/S slight. Quincy wasn't coming here no matter what, especially with the coaching staff we had.

Advertisement
Back