Gnomes & pucks: this thread sucks

Way to cherry pick what might make your argument.

Again, you're comically inept.

First, you claim that it's about right here, right now.

Unfortunately, that isn't the point right here, right now...hopefully it will be again, very soon.

But then when I say that TCU missed the NCAA Tournament last year you claim that it's cherry picking.

Classic.

Advertisement
Since Tim Corbin arrived at Vanderbilt (2003).............

Way to be intellectually dishonest. When Tim Corbin arrived in 2003, they were one of the worst teams in the conference. To act like his accomplishments are equal to those of Jim Morris is laughable.

A better comparison would be Tim Corbin at Vanderbilt versus Jim Morris at Georgia Tech. Here is the list of Georgia Tech's Omaha appearances under Morris:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Way to be intellectually dishonest.

I was completely honest about how I'd compare the schools. In fact I said so in plain sight. Nothing dishonest about it.

Those "great" coaches have been "stellar" and yet have no more success than Miami in the same time frame.

Advertisement
I was completely honest about how I'd compare the schools. In fact I said so in plain sight. Nothing dishonest about it.

Those "great" coaches have been "stellar" and yet have no more success than Miami in the same time frame.

Because you refuse to admit that Jim Morris walked into a CWS caliber program while those guys literally built their programs from nothing.

Yes.

Try following the thread for once.

I did follow the thread, and I saw you post that Miami has made it in every season except two since 1973. But when he pointed out TCU, you made sure to only include the last six years. So if we're talking about Miami, we've missed it twice in the last two years. 1973 is irrelevant.

Advertisement
So Jim Morris did the same at Miami as two guys who were cutting the grass at their fields when they first started.

So you're comparing them based on a metric that Jim Morris couldn't have possibly achieved: His program had already been built. Arguing relativity at this point is an obviously dishonest tactic.

So you're comparing them based on a metric that Jim Morris couldn't have possibly achieved: His program had already been built. Arguing relativity at this point is an obviously dishonest tactic.

Right, his program had been built. And he had virtually the same success as guys who had to build their programs from nothing, kind of like when Jim went to the CWS zero times at Georgia Tech.

Because you refuse to admit that Jim Morris walked into a CWS caliber program while those guys literally built their programs from nothing.

That's irrelevant to whether one has been stellar in a certain time period and the other hasn't.

Jim Schlossnagle is one of the highest paid coaches in America. He's not an upstart who's building a program.

That's irrelevant to whether one has been stellar in a certain time period and the other hasn't.

Jim Schlossnagle is one of the highest paid coaches in America. He's not an upstart who's building a program.

If Greg Lovelady turns UCF into a CWS program, that will be more impressive than if he took over at LSU and led them to the CWS. Jim Morris needed the pieces to be in place. To his credit, it took him 16 years before he drove the program into a ditch.

Advertisement
Back