Gnomes & pucks: this thread sucks

I did follow the thread, and I saw you post that Miami has made it in every season except two since 1973.

No, again.

Follow along.

I said TCU missed twice in 6 seasons FIRST which is true. Then this joker responded with:

So, sorry...nice try, but more like twice in 15 years.

No, it's twice in 6 seasons.

So I sarcastically responded in kind by merely repeating his logic and substituting Miami.

MADE IT every year since 2004 besides those two.

MADE IT every year since 1973 besides those two.

Advertisement
No, again.

Follow along.

I said TCU missed twice in 6 seasons FIRST which is true. Then this joker responded with:

No, it's twice in 6 seasons.

So I sarcastically responded in kind by merely repeating his logic and substituting Miami.

Cool, so we've established that 1973 is irrelevant, and that we are currently on a -2 year postseason streak.

Advertisement
If Greg Lovelady turns UCF into a CWS program, that will be more impressive than if he took over at LSU and led them to the CWS.

Being "impressive" isn't the argument being made.

I'm told that their programs and teams are "stellar" not that they've achieved more impressive feats.

Being "impressive" isn't the argument being made.

I'm told that their programs and teams are "stellar" not that they've achieved more impressive feats.

Vanderbilt and TCU have certainly been stellar. Miami has not. Having to go back to 2003 to make your case is pretty funny.

Advertisement
I used the time frame for when those coaches arrived.

I didn't lean heavily on anything. You just made that up completely.

The "time frame when those coaches arrived" is completely arbitrary. No one is looking at 2003 to determine the health of a program.

Yes, you leaned heavily on 2003-2008, because when you take those out, there is no longer anything to compare, except between TCU and Vanderbilt.

Advertisement
In the last ten years

NCAA Tournament Appearances
Miami: 8
Vandy: 10

Super Regional Appearances
Miami: 3
Vandy: 7

College World Series Appearances
Miami: 2
Vandy: 3

In the last ten years:

NCAA Tournament Appearances
Miami: 8
TCU: 8

Super Regional Appearances
Miami: 3
TCU: 7

College World Series Appearances
Miami: 2
TCU: 5

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love it.

To evaluate programs that were doormats before their coaches arrived, it's completely arbitrary to start when those coaches arrived.

But "last decade"?

That's fine.

Then let's do last eight years. Or last five years. Just stop with the embarrassing tactic of having to use 2003-2008 to save Jim Morris.

Again, the metric being measured is not "health" of a program.

You just pulled that straight out of your *** crack.

Then let's stipulate that Jim Morris was stellar from 1994-2008 so that we can talk about where each program has been in recent memory.

Advertisement
Back