Glenn Cook interviewing for Bears GM

Him and Romeo were terrible. Radio loved them. It doesn’t mean he can’t be great in a front office just because he sucked in the field.
No no, you gotta do message board logic. Since he was an overall mediocre/crappy LB then he must be a bad administrator. In fact, if he want to solve our LB problem we should just play Radakovich at MLB.

Advertisement
Here it is again from a different angle:

1655524912262.gif

It was a dark time in Cane football, and I just remember thinking, a lot, that he was always so darn close to making a play, but was just out of reach. I also remember him saying he didn't work out much, which lead a lot of us to poke a little fun at him.

That being said, if you remember him laying some people out, I'll trust you on that. A good hit is often not about being physically dominant, but having **** good technique and a really good angle. While I don't remember him making a lot of forceful hits, I don't doubt he made some. Just like Flagg has made a couple here and there.

I'll say this about Flagg. He looked better right out of high school than he did last year. I'm curious to see how he does with a **** good LB coach, because he hasn't had one since he got here.
I agree on Flagg. He's regressed just like most of the team because he hasn't had adequate position coaches. That's why I say don't be surprised to see alot of these kids show it's a new day.

I agree on Flagg. He's regressed just like most of the team because he hasn't had adequate position coaches. That's why I say don't be surprised to see alot of these kids show it's a new day.
What I think happens is some highly rated kids whom had no real pressure to compete on there HS teams and we’re just athletic.

When they get yo D1 and the playbook is old time phone book size it is given links to study plus there 3-4 players behind on position list and there regular best ain’t good enough.

Plus they now 24-7 training to get ahead they just fall short because they never experienced 3rd team and get very little PT and practice being behind and seeing how tough it is yo be Restrepo work and fade away.

GOCANES

What I think happens is some highly rated kids whom had no real pressure to compete on there HS teams and we’re just athletic.

When they get yo D1 and the playbook is old time phone book size it is given links to study plus there 3-4 players behind on position list and there regular best ain’t good enough.

Plus they now 24-7 training to get ahead they just fall short because they never experienced 3rd team and get very little PT and practice being behind and seeing how tough it is yo be Restrepo work and fade away.

GOCANES
There's definitely plenty of that too. Pressure is dealt out in spades and some kids really have never experienced it & with reps as limited as they are for back ups, you're right. You'll only get limited opportunities to show what you are on the field.

Advertisement
I played little league football at South Miami Parks and rec.

The Grey Ghosts 145 pounds
The Falcons 175 pounds

Oh forgot to mention UNDEFEATED both teams .

I remember Witt Beckmann ( U TE) played couple years at SM little league before me.

Really just some hand out copies of plays in little league

Was in Jr, high at Glades ( first school with AC) yes a huge big deal at that time

The Southwest in 1974 NO A/C monster shocker.

Anyway I went out for JV coach Ellis , the play book was about 40 pages best guess varsity was about the same.

So a D1 playbook would’ve s shocker to look at but. I would consider it a challenge and memorize it verbatim.

So if you don’t embrace the challenge then PINE TIME then GONERS in my book.

GOCANES

What they all have in common is they are not good enough athletes to play here. We have had several coaches over the last 20 years who would rather play kids who don’t make mistakes and also don’t make plays over kids who will make mistakes, but also make more plays.

What they all have in common is they are not good enough athletes to play here. We have had several coaches over the last 20 years who would rather play kids who don’t make mistakes and also don’t make plays over kids who will make mistakes, but also make more plays.

I immediately thought of Willie Williams.

Advertisement
I played little league football at South Miami Parks and rec.

The Grey Ghosts 145 pounds
The Falcons 175 pounds

Oh forgot to mention UNDEFEATED both teams .

I remember Witt Beckmann ( U TE) played couple years at SM little league before me.

Really just some hand out copies of plays in little league

Was in Jr, high at Glades ( first school with AC) yes a huge big deal at that time

The Southwest in 1974 NO A/C monster shocker.

Anyway I went out for JV coach Ellis , the play book was about 40 pages best guess varsity was about the same.

So a D1 playbook would’ve s shocker to look at but. I would consider it a challenge and memorize it verbatim.

So if you don’t embrace the challenge then PINE TIME then GONERS in my book.

GOCANES

I grew up playing Optimist football in Miami Springs in the late 70's. Man, some of those Grey Ghost teams were TOUGH back in the day.

I grew up playing Optimist football in Miami Springs in the late 70's. Man, some of those Grey Ghost teams were TOUGH back in the day.
Brother,

I played with the Beckmann brothers, Coke Watson RB , Chickillo’s Pops Corker , I think Steadman Scavela and Aluba (athlete) terrible speech impediment but the BEST player of us all WE WERE STUDS.

We ran the table for (2) years I was there before going to Southwest high , in my final year at South Miami they picked and all star team to play us in Miami Springs .

I think the final was 21-0 we won, we were probably the greatest little league team ever assembled in those day anywhere.

GOCANES

Brother,

I played with the Beckmann brothers, Coke Watson RB , Chickillo’s Pops Corker , I think Steadman Scavela and Aluba (athlete) terrible speech impediment but the BEST player of us all WE WERE STUDS.

We ran the table for (2) years I was there before going to Southwest high , in my final year at South Miami they picked and all star team to play us in Miami Springs .

I think the final was 21-0 we won, we were probably the greatest little league team ever assembled in those day anywhere.

GOCANES

Yeah, man. I was in the group a little bit after you. Those Grey Ghost Teams were talked about around Miami with a sense of folklore.

My last year of 145's was (I think) 1978. We had a great season, went 9 -1 and lost to Palm Springs in the city championship game. My biggest memory from that season was going into Carol City (who was STACKED) and beating them @ the old CC Playground in a night game. After the game all the parents and neighborhood thugs lined the alley way where our bus was parked and they started throwing bricks and rocks and metal car parts at our bus as we were pulling out. Our coaches knew it was coming, they told us not to take our pads off and to keep our helmets on. A dude threw a Coke bottle right at my window, the glass shattered and went into my pads and down my back. A dude on my team who was sitting next to me kept that coke bottle for years as a memento of that game and season. lol

Folks around the country will never understand. South Florida football was just a different thing back then.

Yeah, man. I was in the group a little bit after you. Those Grey Ghost Teams were talked about around Miami with a sense of folklore.

My last year of 145's was (I think) 1978. We had a great season, went 9 -1 and lost to Palm Springs in the city championship game. My biggest memory from that season was going into Carol City (who was STACKED) and beating them @ the old CC Playground in a night game. After the game all the parents and neighborhood thugs lined the alley way where our bus was parked and they started throwing bricks and rocks and metal car parts at our bus as we were pulling out. Our coaches knew it was coming, they told us not to take our pads off and to keep our helmets on. A dude threw a Coke bottle right at my window, the glass shattered and went into my pads and down my back. A dude on my team who was sitting next to me kept that coke bottle for years as a memento of that game and season. lol

Folks around the country will never understand. South Florida football was just a different thing back then.
Then when South Miami Sr high was finally built there team was already ready to compete.

Chick ( the old one ) and I went to SW high school and did our thing with James Boone U alumni also NFL player.

Brother it was great times , I love stopping and thinking WHAT A RIDE IT WAS , I was truly Blessed.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Advertisement
Eliot Wolf went to UM as well - he was my roommate for a couple of years in the early 2000s.

Between Eliot, Alonzo, Dan Morgan, and Glen Cook, UM is doing all right in the front office department.
Yep, if you watch the Hard Knocks on HBO from the Browns season Eliot Wolf had UM magnets on his white board in his office, as well as some U logos on his desk. At the same time Alonzo was in Cleveland and was on the show in UM gear once or twice at training camp.

Advertisement
Back