Glenn Cook interviewing for Bears GM

Advertisement
Because when you are selling to a teenagers who sees themselves as football players and not office workers, wouldn't it make sense to focus on the success of making the league as a player?
Mine was a general statement, and not really about a specific recruiting pitch to an individual player.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt for the vast majority of players to accept reality about their careers, either.

Mochachos...

You sayin' Flagg hits harder than Glen Cook did?
Cook was almost always in the right place at the right time. The key word being almost. He knew WHERE to be, but was rarely there. I can't seem to recall a lot of hard hits he delivered. Just a lot of close calls.

When he hits u a circus clown nose squeeze noise happens on collision
Agreed. I just remember Cook as always being so close, yet so far away. He knew where to be, but he couldn't get there. Also, wasn't he the dude that said he didn't have to work out, and it showed?

Advertisement
Agreed. I just remember Cook as always being so close, yet so far away. He knew where to be, but he couldn't get there. Also, wasn't he the dude that said he didn't have to work out, and it showed?
**** did he say that? I never knew that. Wow how many players must regret that they have not hit their full potential only cause of them. But hey he made a good career though good for him.

Him and Romeo were terrible. Radio loved them. It doesn’t mean he can’t be great in a front office just because he sucked in the field.

Advertisement
Seems like yesterday when we were bashing Shannon for giving too many snaps to Glenn Cook and Romeo Davis.

Hope he gets the position.

Advertisement
Was it Cook or Davis in the infamous picture of our LB trying to bring down the GT back by the hand warmer?
Romeo on Nesbitt

1655496073374.png

Advertisement
Cook was almost always in the right place at the right time. The key word being almost. He knew WHERE to be, but was rarely there. I can't seem to recall a lot of hard hits he delivered. Just a lot of close calls.
Question. I didnt read anything other than this comment so I don't know the context. Are you saying when they each deliver hits that Flagg hits harder than glen Cook? If so I'll agree with you about missing ALOT of hits but I'll also qualify that statement by saying that boy could lay people the fvck out. Glenn could snatch a soul sometimes.

Question. I didnt read anything other than this comment so I don't know the context. Are you saying when they each deliver hits that Flagg hits harder than glen Cook? If so I'll agree with you about missing ALOT of hits but I'll also qualify that statement by saying that boy could lay people the fvck out. Glenn could snatch a soul sometimes.
It was a dark time in Cane football, and I just remember thinking, a lot, that he was always so darn close to making a play, but was just out of reach. I also remember him saying he didn't work out much, which lead a lot of us to poke a little fun at him.

That being said, if you remember him laying some people out, I'll trust you on that. A good hit is often not about being physically dominant, but having **** good technique and a really good angle. While I don't remember him making a lot of forceful hits, I don't doubt he made some. Just like Flagg has made a couple here and there.

I'll say this about Flagg. He looked better right out of high school than he did last year. I'm curious to see how he does with a **** good LB coach, because he hasn't had one since he got here.

Stepped in and gave us a solid, heart-filled year as a super senior. Man could thump..

Now he's being considered for a GM position?

What a great UM representative.
He wasn't really a thumper at all

He was a cerebral player that had decent feet for a backer...But just not fast or explosive (which showed in the lack of thump)

Advertisement
Back