Glad to know Cager is showing up and showing out

i really dont get it. I just dont. we have had coaches raving about the leap JT has taken all camp. Meanwhile, they still say Cager is inconsistent. Yet another cager thread. the kid is a role player. thats all. JT is about to blow up and we have to have another thread about cager. if im wrong and hes all acc, i'll apologize but hes just a role player, not a stud.

Advertisement
only a moron would make a comment like that. Pope is 1st round talent. anyone who pokes fun at pope because they are a cager jockey is a clown.

And anyone who assumes that because Pope has the talent he's going to waltz in, take Cager's spot and be a first round pick is a clown.

It's not about there being anything wrong with Pope or riding Cager's jock, but you have to be able to see that for now it's Cager's job to lose.

And anyone who assumes that because Pope has the talent he's going to waltz in, take Cager's spot and be a first round pick is a clown.

It's not about there being anything wrong with Pope or riding Cager's jock, but you have to be able to see that for now it's Cager's job to lose.
i didnt say that he would waltz in but he has 1st round talent and will probably make way more of an impact on this program than Cager.
JT, AR, and Pope have elite talent and imo Hightower is the next guy up. Harley, Cager, Langham, are role players.

No one said Pope was taking his job game one but too act like anyone outside of Richards is a automatic starter on this squad is ludicrous. Let the boys battle it out like they are and the depth chart will work itself out.

We have a thread on this board about how bad harley is. meanwhile numbers wise Harley had a better freshman season than cager lol.
This board is nuts man. I respect that cager has fought back from his injury, i want him to do well i just dont see anything more than a role player and im sick of players like Jeff Thomas, Travis Homer, Deejay Dallas, etc being ignored while half this board keeps acting like Cager is Calvin Johnson and Anquan Bolden's love child

Advertisement
i hope he steps up. he's a true cane but i dont get the obsession on this board with him.
im excited about AR being healthy and JT taking the next step.
Agree

I think its they think the bama kkk offer was real. I never liked him as a wr but some people do i guess

I’m hoping Cager and Lagham become more consistent. We def need a redzone WR if our OL plays like last year. I’m not counting on it though. For all we know Hightower is gonna take their reps and be that guy.

If Rosier has improved I’m curious to see how the targets are going to go with AR back healthy and the TEs being a wildcard.

Advertisement
When I think of Cager, I cant get out of my head when he let a 5'9" corner (Taylor from FSU) bat down a jump from him, Cager is 6'5" that should not happen, he needs to play bigger.

When I think of Cager, I cant get out of my head when he let a 5'9" corner (Taylor from FSU) bat down a jump from him, Cager is 6'5" that should not happen, he needs to play bigger.

Yup. Cager has the tools no doubt about it but he's been crazy inconsistent.

i really dont get it. I just dont. we have had coaches raving about the leap JT has taken all camp. Meanwhile, they still say Cager is inconsistent. Yet another cager thread. the kid is a role player. thats all. JT is about to blow up and we have to have another thread about cager. if im wrong and hes all acc, i'll apologize but hes just a role player, not a stud.

Thomas is about to eat this year. Playing the slot with AR or Cager on the outside is going to leave him with some mismatches. Who is the safety going to help on? Him or Richards if they are lined up on the same side? Add in Brevin at the TE slot one on one with a LB haha it’s over.

Advertisement
Thomas is about to eat this year. Playing the slot with AR or Cager on the outside is going to leave him with some mismatches. Who is the safety going to help on? Him or Richards if they are lined up on the same side? Add in Brevin at the TE slot one on one with a LB haha it’s over.

Yep! On paper, it's looks really nice.

Pope is not a Z, Pope will be replacing Richards..that’s why I would make a comment like that.
If you’ve been following the team over fall camp, you know it has been Mark Pope that has been receiving the most praise of freshmen receivers from the staff and players in interviews. This week, he even began to start working in at first team and rotating with Lawrence Cager at Z receiver.

16 career receptions in two full seasons. Flashed last year but must create better separation and make contested catches consistently in games for me to be impressed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back