Given the halfway point what realistic changes would you like at the end of the season?

Naw, go back and watch the games. Go look at Rousseau 4th and 1 stop, the play before that he helped stop the rb on 3rd and short. Also had another run from the qb stopped a drive or 2 later at the line of scrimmage. It’s a night and day difference in the effort hill plays with too

So you point out two plays (one of which Lance pointed out Shaq made) and ignore the countless times he's rushed up field vacating his lane for the RB/QB to run right through. Got it.

Advertisement
Can Enos and hire Kevin Wilson from Ohio St. his base is $900k

Fire Todd Stroud and bring in Brick Haley from Mizzou who makes $400k

Fire Butch Barry and bring in Brad Davis, who makes $400k

If the offense doesn't grow this year that Enos ultimatum to open it up more or look for a new job should get stronger.

While he's young, Jeff Lebby at UCF has produced two top ten scoring/total offenses at UCF last and this year (so far) with different QBs. It's already been posted but everywhere he has been thus far, he's been great (Baylor, NAIA school) Southeastern).

Jess Simpson might be available again if dj durkin and his staff gets fired.

edit: Dan Quinn

So you point out two plays (one of which Lance pointed out Shaq made) and ignore the countless times he's rushed up field vacating his lane for the RB/QB to run right through. Got it.
Isn’t that what you are doing with the vacating his land nonsense, which happened a little vs unc but you are acting as if he’s consistently doing that since then and truth of the matter is he’s not.

Advertisement
To help with the hurt:

I'm thinking like "big play" Henny shots for fans.. and players
The New Miami: Too drunk to care :crownpour:

Rethinking above post, probably should define "big play":

On O: Any gain of 5 yards or more, crossing the 50, not turning it over
On D: Tackles for loss, tackles for no gain, tackles in general

Advertisement
Good to know you've already jumped ship then. We won't have a top 5 class, that is evident right now. With the early signing period, 70 percent of more of the recruits will have signed before the season, bowl game anyhow, is over. Coaches likely won't be let go, in fact I don't see anyone being fired at this point.

So what then for you as a fan?

Oh I’m already done being a fan. I’m far beyond expecting them to do anything remotely needed to win me back.

Nowadays, I just really enjoy laughing at my alma mater.

The team and university at large have become a joke. But you know....jokes are enjoyable in their own way!

Yes and absolutely! Will it happen, probably not but it’s clear now Diaz has no business coaching here and the longer he’s here the deeper this program will sink. And the admin could give two Fvcks! The problem is were fans of a program that doesn’t care about winning, which is why the last 15 years and counting was allowed to happen. It starts at the top and if the top don’t care, then neither does the bottom. We won our 5 national titles in spite of the admin but the game was different then and it’s hard to believe we could ever duplicate that again. Which sadly means we’re probably never gonna win another title and my last memory of a championship game will be that scumbag terry porter robbing us of #6. Smh
we can only hope that some mutant zombies took Porter out in the woods and assraped him with a dull deer antler until he stopped squirming and screaming.

1. Invite alumni to work with players during the off season. Make it an "unofficial" requirement for players to attend.
2. Focus 50% of our Oline recruitment on the midwest
3. Appoint a leader in each position group and make them responsible for a weekly team building outing in the off season.
4. If this doesn't already exist, set a position group athletic testing requirement that each player must pass before spring practice and summer practice starts in order to participate. Encouraging players to stay in shape and focus on weight/conditioning during off season.
5. Tweak the offensive system yearly to fit the players.
6. Encourage NFL alums to workout/train on campus

Advertisement
#1 is Butch Barry. Gotta go. Dropping from 74th in sacks allowed to dead last is inexcusable.

Assuming the general play calling, O-line, etc. trends continue. Nothing like bags for recruiting or assembling some impossible all-star staff. Also this is assuming Diaz is making the changes.

For me it is:

1) Encourage Blake Baker to look for another DC job. When Manny had more involvement, the defense looked much better. The guy is just collecting a check at this point.
2) Encourage Banda to look for another job. Recruiting has not been great and his time is up as a coach.

*Note: The above two are probably not as realistic given they have followed him and are his proteges, hence the 'encouragement to pursue other jobs'.

3) Fire Butch Barry. Our line is crap, talent or no talent. Many of us have been saying that Zion does not belong here, but I do think another OL coach would make him at the minimum better than this. Just too many issues to keep him. Donaldson blocks like a slob, Campbell hasn't developed at all, etc.

4) Tell Enos to open up the offense more or to look for another job. I think he's actually a very good qb coach, but the complaints about his playcalling are all 100% justified.

5) In response to the Baker firing, hire a full time ST coach/safeties or co-lb coach and make Patke only co-linebackers. Jovan Dewitt, the outside lb and special teams coach at Nebraska for instance. Has great experience at UCF, Army, etc and in his mid-40s.

6) In response to the Banda firing go after a guy like Fran Brown at Temple (their co-DC and like 8 years of secondary experience.), and make him co-DBs/DC (Rumph staying at cbs).

7) In response to the Barry firing, someone who doesn't change jobs every year and has successful track record with all conference linemen in smaller programs like Texas Tech's Steve Farmer (also successful at Utah State and Louisian Monroe) who's been a good line coach for over ten years.

Fire Manny Diaz

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only way Diaz can win me back is with a top 5 recruiting class for 2020.

The season is shot anyway, so I don't really care if we win 8 games or 6. Just get that top 5 recruiting class.

So whatever needs to happen needs to happen. Be that bags, hiring/firing coaches, whatever. Recruiting rankings matter.

We're more likely to see Schnellenberger pull a Benjamin Button and grow 40 years younger, come back to us, and take us to a natty than actually have that good of recruiting lmao.

1. Invite alumni to work with players during the off season. Make it an "unofficial" requirement for players to attend.
2. Focus 50% of our Oline recruitment on the midwest
3. Appoint a leader in each position group and make them responsible for a weekly team building outing in the off season.
4. If this doesn't already exist, set a position group athletic testing requirement that each player must pass before spring practice and summer practice starts in order to participate. Encouraging players to stay in shape and focus on weight/conditioning during off season.
5. Tweak the offensive system yearly to fit the players.
6. Encourage NFL alums to workout/train on campus

1. thats been going on
2. not according to D money where SFL is the king of OL
3. i agree but im sure this is in place
4. pretty sure feeley implemented something to this effect this past offseason, but hard to build a culture in 1 offseason
5. agreed
6. this has been going on but the old alums love them some swasey. well see if they come back for feeley. the other thing is that there are many pro trainers in miami now that are really good and individualized workouts (which is the trend amongst pros). dz anderson i think is a big one down here (LBJs guy that he brought down here and stayed).

1571345781597.png

Advertisement
Back