Give my left arm for some baseball news

canesfan4508

Recruit
When i first started coming to this site there was a ton of baseball guys with roster and practice updates. Where did all you cats go........ id even take that anoying guy back who just posted dumb **** to get people arguing

Advertisement
When i first started coming to this site there was a ton of baseball guys with roster and practice updates. Where did all you cats go........ id even take that anoying guy back who just posted dumb **** to get people arguing
That dude you mentioned will be back right around start of season. It’s like clockwork. He will be banned after a month. But he is consistent

what was his name again?
He changes his name every year because he gets banned. If you’re referring to jagr, he also has had to change his name. But I view jagr as a reasonably fair poster that gets under the skin of the sunshine pumping homers this board is littered with on the first sign of regular season success

I don't see how they can allow Palmquist to be a starter. Plenty of options for the weekend rotation without sacrificing the best reliever since....Danny Graves?

Advertisement
There isn't any news. They was a three game scrimmage over the weekend. Then there is the alumni game the 12th. The new scoreboard is up, though.

I don't see how they can allow Palmquist to be a starter. Plenty of options for the weekend rotation without sacrificing the best reliever since....Danny Graves?
I felt the same but I'm coming around to it. Either way dudes a dog and if he starts we gotta win that game. Would love to see someone peak out of the pack and keep Palm on the backend

Not much news but I did catch the Sunday scrimmage with my Kiddos. Not much offense but that’s to be expected on a cool day early in practice. I did try to see what’s positions guys were playing during the rotations. Here’s what I got

Pitteli SS
Yoyo 3B
Kayfus 1B
Ariel Garcia 2B/RF
Romero C
Jones C
Walen 3B/2B
Dorian Gonzalez 2B/SS
Renzo Gonzalez 1B/LF
Gaby Gutierrez LF
Rosario LF/RF
Burke CF
Long CF
Levenson RF
Gates DH
Carrier DH

Ligon and Ziehl started and looked good
No Carlos Perez that I saw
Radelunas looked good but also looked like he got hurt on his last pitch. They called scrimmage a little early as a result

Best I could remember. It was great to be at the light again. Go Canes!

I think it's as simple as do you want your best pitcher to throw 40 innings or 70 innings? It's college baseball, when a legit guy comes through you want him out there. My 2 cents.

Advertisement
He changes his name every year because he gets banned. If you’re referring to jagr, he also has had to change his name. But I view jagr as a reasonably fair poster that gets under the skin of the sunshine pumping homers this board is littered with on the first sign of regular season success
Completely agree. Never really understood the Jagr hate.

You can’t. When you have a chance to let your best guy impact 3 games a week instead of 1, you take the 3. He’s a proven reliever and now people want to “see what he can do as a starter.” It’s so dumb.

I really hope I’m not back here in April taking another victory lap like I was last year with ADC, when I told everybody before the season that moving him behind the plate was gonna ruin his year.

I think it's as simple as do you want your best pitcher to throw 40 innings or 70 innings? It's college baseball, when a legit guy comes through you want him out there. My 2 cents.
It’s not about total number of innings and how much he’s out there. All outs and innings aren’t equal. You want him on the mound in high leverage situations and impacting as many games as possible.

You can’t. When you have a chance to let your best guy impact 3 games a week instead of 1, you take the 3. He’s a proven reliever and now people want to “see what he can do as a starter.” It’s so dumb.

I really hope I’m not back here in April taking another victory lap like I was last year with ADC, when I told everybody before the season that moving him behind the plate was gonna ruin his year.

College teams start their best pitchers, period. There were 4 weekends last year where Palmquist threw 0 meaningful innings because our SPs had us behind early on.

Miss St is moving their All-American closer into the weekend rotation. Is the coach that just won the CWS dumb?

DiMare deserves a lot of criticism, but nearly every coach in the country disagrees with you

Advertisement
College teams start their best pitchers, period. There were 4 weekends last year where Palmquist threw 0 meaningful innings because our SPs had us behind early on.

Miss St is moving their All-American closer into the weekend rotation. Is the coach that just won the CWS dumb?

DiMare deserves a lot of criticism, but nearly every coach in the country disagrees with you
It hasn’t worked out yet either. They also have a staff that puts Miami’s to shame. They can fill his spot with 2-3 different guys. Nobody is gonna take Palm’s place. Nobody else on the roster can go 5-6 shutdown innings on Saturday and Sunday. DiMare Is more likely to find someone to fill a starter role. Completely different situations.

Advertisement
I agree with both points about palm. I have already shared this but family member is mlb scout in charge of south east and especially Florida scouting. He’s got Palm scouted as a starter in the league. I will say I don’t see this team hitting well like all other Gino teams so I would rather see him eat 6 quality innings and give us a leg up then waste him on back end if we’re going down early. We will see. Just excited for baseball season. Don’t have much expectations for this club

Wait, you think that making him play his position ruined his year. An entire season of not hitting well...attributed to playing a position that he has played his entire life. Before the 2020 season ended early, he was like 330 or something through 16, with catching the majority.

Now let's get to this thing with Palm. Is your name Gino Jr., or something? The very statement that you should keep your best arm on the bench 'just in case' he can impact 3 games, is absurd. Why in the **** didn't Vandy keep one of their two best arms sitting? Thats crazy. The reason Palm ended up as a reliever to begin with, was because he mainly worked fastball/change coming out of HS. His command with the breaking ball wasn't quite there, and lets be honest...he was low 90's at best.

The kid has showed he has ridiculous stuff now, and YES he deserves a spot in the weekend rotation.

I agree with both points about palm. I have already shared this but family member is mlb scout in charge of south east and especially Florida scouting. He’s got Palm scouted as a starter in the league. I will say I don’t see this team hitting well like all other Gino teams so I would rather see him eat 6 quality innings and give us a leg up then waste him on back end if we’re going down early. We will see. Just excited for baseball season. Don’t have much expectations for this club
I probably know your family member, I interact with scouts on a regular basis.

Advertisement
Back