Give my left arm for some baseball news

Wait, you think that making him play his position ruined his year. An entire season of not hitting well...attributed to playing a position that he has played his entire life. Before the 2020 season ended early, he was like 330 or something through 16, with catching the majority.

Now let's get to this thing with Palm. Is your name Gino Jr., or something? The very statement that you should keep your best arm on the bench 'just in case' he can impact 3 games, is absurd. Why in the **** didn't Vandy keep one of their two best arms sitting? Thats crazy. The reason Palm ended up as a reliever to begin with, was because he mainly worked fastball/change coming out of HS. His command with the breaking ball wasn't quite there, and lets be honest...he was low 90's at best.

The kid has showed he has ridiculous stuff now, and YES he deserves a spot in the weekend rotation.
There’s no more thinking it did, I know. If you watched last season you could see it as well. Catching in college is nowhere near catching at any other level outside of pro ball. The “whole life” thing holds no weight.

Vandy’s two best pitchers were starters and have been their whole careers. They both have elite fastballs and breaking balls. Palm has neither of those. He gets guys out bc of his delivery and he can spot his fastball. He doesn’t have a reliable second pitch yet. I mean his numbers took a step back when he went through an order more than once. And that’s been rare for him.

Now I hope he makes the switch and has the best year ever. And who knows he could already be doing that, I’m not there. But I just don’t think it’s gonna be that easy.

Advertisement
There’s no more thinking it did, I know. If you watched last season you could see it as well. Catching in college is nowhere near catching at any other level outside of pro ball. The “whole life” thing holds no weight.

Vandy’s two best pitchers were starters and have been their whole careers. They both have elite fastballs and breaking balls. Palm has neither of those. He gets guys out bc of his delivery and he can spot his fastball. He doesn’t have a reliable second pitch yet. I mean his numbers took a step back when he went through an order more than once. And that’s been rare for him.

Now I hope he makes the switch and has the best year ever. And who knows he could already be doing that, I’m not there. But I just don’t think it’s gonna be that easy.

I can tell that you like to throw **** against the wall, have a nice day

Funny thing, I thought I would share what my quick google search thinks about Carson Palmquist, but hey you cant believe everything you read on the internet:

He is considered the highest rated draft prospect for 2022 out of Miami...as a starter. By the way many believe he has an elite slider now.

I can tell that you like to throw **** against the wall, have a nice day
ADC was also considered a day 1 catcher. Anyone who saw him play more than half an inning knew better. Guy was a developmental level catcher at best.

Also just bc someone is projected as something, doesn’t mean that gives their college team the best chance to win. DiMare’s job is to use him the best way he can to win games at Miami.

Can’t believe everything you read.

It hasn’t worked out yet either. They also have a staff that puts Miami’s to shame. They can fill his spot with 2-3 different guys. Nobody is gonna take Palm’s place. Nobody else on the roster can go 5-6 shutdown innings on Saturday and Sunday. DiMare Is more likely to find someone to fill a starter role. Completely different situations.
The request to move to SP was made by Palmquist to improve his draft stock. You can say "well he has to do what the Coach says", but with the transfer portal, Palmquist has all the leverage. Basically DiMare needs him more than Palmquist needs DiMare.

Advertisement
The request to move to SP was made by Palmquist to improve his draft stock. You can say "well he has to do what the Coach says", but with the transfer portal, Palmquist has all the leverage. Basically DiMare needs him more than Palmquist needs DiMare.
That makes more sense

I watched McFarlane allow 3 HRs at Saturday's scrimmage.
Ziehl and Ligon both appear candidates to start.
Have not seen Raudelunas since weekend before last's scrimmage.
Carlos Perez is out with what looks like a busted right pinkie.
Romero and Jones taking all the reps at catcher.
Rosario and Renzo are both practicing some at 1B.
2B appears to be a battle between Dorian Gonzalez and Ariel Garcia.
Have not seen much from Wallen. Izarra leaving may sting.
OF spots seem up for grabs among several including Renzo and Rosario.
LF Carrier -- CF Burke -- RF Rosario if I had to guess the starters.
Gino wants Long to succeed as leadoff and he crushed a HR Sunday.
Walters, Torres, Arguelles, Schlesinger get the most bullpen work.
Haven't seen Gates pitch but he's swinging it well.
I'd watch for Pitelli to potentially lead-off early on....maybe.
Yoyo has an elbow issue and isn't allowed to throw hard.

Advertisement
Geez, thanks for the info, but this many bumps and bruises already a week before the season has begun? I don't get it. Back in the day, I don't remember a key player ever being hurt very often (and more games were played back then, because of an extended fall schedule vs the Dade/Broward JCs). Oh well, hopefully they are minor or precautionary in nature.

I hope we don't have to suffer through 2/3 of the season before we know what the lineup is this year.

Hopefully they keep gates at dh and not pitching kid hit 340 freshman year.I was hoping some of the freshman ss challenge pitelli even though I love the way he.plays defense he can’t hit and I doubt he will improve much hitting never even hit 300 in high school I hope I’m wrong

Does anyone expect this team to hit well? Really worried this team is going to resemble the late Morris years clubs that couldn’t hit a lick. Gino has continued this trend but at least we’ve improved on the long ball. Manufacturing runs without is still next to impossible for Miami. Until that changes we’re stuck in mediocre land

Does anyone expect this team to hit well? Really worried this team is going to resemble the late Morris years clubs that couldn’t hit a lick. Gino has continued this trend but at least we’ve improved on the long ball. Manufacturing runs without is still next to impossible for Miami. Until that changes we’re stuck in mediocre land
Trying to hit everything 600 feet gets you some wins against Towson and App State, but the teams you have to beat to go far don't just serve it up.

Advertisement
Trying to hit everything 600 feet gets you some wins against Towson and App State, but the teams you have to beat to go far don't just serve it up.
Welcome back sir. Glad it’s almost baseball season even if it’s another infuriating season

Advertisement
Did see Raudelunas in uniform at last night's practice of which I saw about 20 minutes. We strike out a ton and will not hit consistently well imo. Lot of backward Ks and pop flies because guys are trying to hit balls into the Bahamas. Pitching will need to carry us....again.

Did see Raudelunas in uniform at last night's practice of which I saw about 20 minutes. We strike out a ton and will not hit consistently well imo. Lot of backward Ks and pop flies because guys are trying to hit balls into the Bahamas. Pitching will need to carry us....again.
Damnit rok. Not a shocker but damnit

I sure hope these reports are just pre-season rust. The K's and non productive ABs have killed us the last few years, especially at the top of the order and the 6 and 7 hole w runners in scoring position. CDC was really our only guy who consistently put the ball in play and got two out RBIs like we used to do w the entire lineup back in the day.

What happened to that Gino, patient work the count approach and attack when up in the count?

Advertisement
Back