Give it to me straight

DoctorKrazey

Sophomore
I’m going to take a wild guess by presuming that when John Ruiz came out with his ambitious plan of building UM a new stadium near campus recently I thought the same thing as most of you...sounds great but will never happen. I’ve already read where school district leaders, former Gables High alum, and community leaders came out blasting the proposition and have thus started a petition. Surprising? No. Expected? Without question. There are people here much better equipped to answer this than me so I want the cold, hard truth; What percentage chance do you give this dream of ever becoming a reality?

Advertisement
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m going to take a wild guess by presuming that when John Ruiz came out with his ambitious plan of building UM a new stadium near campus recently I thought the same thing as most of you...sounds great but will never happen. I’ve already read where school district leaders, former Gables High alum, and community leaders came out blasting the proposition and have thus started a petition. Surprising? No. Expected? Without question. There are people here much better equipped to answer this than me so I want the cold, hard truth; What percentage chance do you give this dream of ever becoming a reality?
4th and 14

Advertisement
If he is serious, i think the probability of it happening “somewhere” is HIGH. This new AD will view it as a no brainer. Would be one of the most transformative moves in UM athletics history, if not THEE most transformative. You dont turn down someone willing to basically gift a stadium, IF HE IS SERIOUS. You just dont say no to that. You stay up at nights and try to come up with proposals that will entice those that need convincing.

Advertisement
I keep seeing tropical park which I never been to but can someone explain why it would be better? Isn’t it a very small stadium

Here is a question….
If a good site is “found” like say Tropical Park…. Do you think Ruiz will still do it (without it being in Coral Gables but still being pretty close)?

They'll kick around the idea for a few years for the free press then give up.
This. Ruiz clearly craves the spotlight. He’ll continue to gas up the stadium idea with periodic updates of “progress”, but nothing substantial will ever happen. I’m sure he’ll have some renderings soon to keep the story going.

Can we please talk about the green Klamm helmts? We haven't mentioned them in a long time and they are more likely than a stadium. As for Radakovich. I was teaching finance at IUP when he was there but I think he was a sophomore when I left. So he will be prepared to figure it out.

Advertisement
Back