Gino

scane

Redshirt Freshman
Gino will officially be presented as head coach and have a press conference next Tuesday.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Indoor batting cages on the way. It's not the reason we've been losing the last two years, but it's something the program needed.

Advertisement
DiMare also said they would resurface the field (it was starting to look embarrassing at the end of the season) and add padding to the walls.

As far as I can tell from the limited reports of the event, he didn't say anything about the coaching staff. I suppose no news is better than an easy "we promoted Lopez" announcement.

Indoor batting cages on the way. It's not the reason we've been losing the last two years, but it's something the program needed.

I presume that's going to be funded by tomato money? That's what I was calling for, if so. Gino gets the job without us doing any kind of coaching search, Paul needs to pony up some dough to help him out.

And thank you for framing that in the proper way. Needed, but not why we've been losing.

Advertisement
I presume that's going to be funded by tomato money? That's what I was calling for, if so. Gino gets the job without us doing any kind of coaching search, Paul needs to pony up some dough to help him out.

And thank you for framing that in the proper way. Needed, but not why we've been losing.

Pretty sure everyone is in agreement here. However, some believe that this isn't needed.

Advertisement
He was around when we were growing up. He was much older than us, but we have been around him since 1979.

He will win for as long as he remains interested. The problem is that he needs someone to drive him or he becomes complacent. He will have initial success, the question will be: how long will he remain willing to work the stringent hours that this position requires. Fraser had Bertman (sic) but Gino is responsible for everything but pitching. Arteaga is a workhorse. Not sure about Gino's long-term work ethic.

Blake needs to be careful also. G will do whatever it takes to attain the best players...........

Advertisement
Back