Gilbert Frierson Season Highlights

Half his highlights are him dancing lmfao
Animated GIF

Advertisement
Like @Liberty City El said, Frierson has a chance to fill the Jamien Sherwood role and get drafted.

The key for him is becoming more physical. His speed is more like a backer than a DB, so he needs to be a reliable tackler.
I actually had written he has linebacker sped and corner tackling. But I didn’t want people thinking my gripes were personal! 😂😂
But it’s sort of true, some of the really poor tackling early last was Gil. Whatever he had the year before, he lost last year.

Talented enough to help, yes no doubt. A legit NFL defender? Nope, you shouldn’t have to ask a kid with professional aspirations to take care of themselves. And I just don’t see enough actual dog in him. Could he prove me wrong? Obviously.
If he gets half of the 100+ tackles the guy your all comparing him to I’ll come in here and eat crow.

IMO, he’s a microcosm of what’s been ailing this program, and similar to his highlight tape, too much flash and not nearly enough getting it done. But it looks cool on social media, so…. there’s that. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t dislike him, but I’m ready for new blood to bring us into the next phase!

I actually had written he has linebacker sped and corner tackling. But I didn’t want people thinking my gripes were personal! 😂😂
But it’s sort of true, some of the really poor tackling early last was Gil. Whatever he had the year before, he lost last year.

Talented enough to help, yes no doubt. A legit NFL defender? Nope, you shouldn’t have to ask a kid with professional aspirations to take care of themselves. And I just don’t see enough actual dog in him. Could he prove me wrong? Obviously.
If he gets half of the 100+ tackles the guy your all comparing him to I’ll come in here and eat crow.

IMO, he’s a microcosm of what’s been ailing this program, and similar to his highlight tape, too much flash and not nearly enough getting it done. But it looks cool on social media, so…. there’s that. 🤷‍♂️

Don’t dislike him, but I’m ready for new blood to bring us into the next phase!
Can’t argue with any of this. He has a lot to prove.

Advertisement
Back