Gilbert Frierson Season Highlights

Guys, seriously go watch on old highlight tape. There were about ten plays total on that, and only 3-4 are what should be considered a “highlight”.
Homeboy is more like DVD than Ed Reed. Let’s not forget ole DVD and his dancing for 30 yards after an overthrow in which he was completely roasted on. That’s all I saw, a lot of dancing and flexing.
That Cine kid from UGA had more highlights than that in the NC game alone. We need to reset the bar fellas.

I think Gil can help us, but I’m not going to sit here and scratch my head as to why he didn’t play a ton. There were all kinds of reports of him in terrible shape. Welp that’ll do it.

Hopefully for the team and himself he shows up ready to ball out. Cause there’s a savage looking to take his spot! And that dude probably more naturally physically gifted.
I'm with you here. Half that film was just him celebrating after the play. Maybe he'll shine this year, but I suspect this is one of those "the last coach sucked, everybody who didn't play must have been amazing" threads. Sometimes even failed coaches make the right call. We'll see what this staff and his drive can make of him.

Advertisement
I'm with you here. Half that film was just him celebrating after the play. Maybe he'll shine this year, but I suspect this is one of those "the last coach sucked, everybody who didn't play must have been amazing" threads. Sometimes even failed coaches make the right call. We'll see what this staff and his drive can make of him.

There's no denying the talent comparison with these two, right? And since when did celebrating become a crime? Aren't we 'Canes fans? He celebrated so much because he did his job.

"I suspect this is one of those 'the last coach sucked, everybody who didn't play must have been amazing'" --- We're not saying this. Because Gil played 50% of the time and he played better.

"Sometimes even failed coaches make the right call" -- Starting Scott Patchan over Greg Rousseau. Mhmmmmmm.

Some people just say anything. Gil was our most consistent back 7 player in 2020. He’s talented and can play . Hope he regains that form and take it up another notch

There's no denying the talent comparison with these two, right? And since when did celebrating become a crime? Aren't we 'Canes fans? He celebrated so much because he did his job.

"I suspect this is one of those 'the last coach sucked, everybody who didn't play must have been amazing'" --- We're not saying this. Because Gil played 50% of the time and he played better.

"Sometimes even failed coaches make the right call" -- Starting Scott Patchan over Greg Rousseau. Mhmmmmmm.

There's no denying the talent comparison with these two, right? I think it's at least up for debate. I don't claim to be an expert, but I do know sometimes kids not seeing the field has a reason. Sometimes kids flash but aren't consistant. Again, I'm not saying that's the case here, but fans have a tendancy to assume everyone on the bench is better than everyone on the field wen we aren't winning. And since when did celebrating become a crime? Aren't we 'Canes fans? He celebrated so much because he did his job. Nothing wrong with celebrating, but I know something's up when half your highlight film is celebration...that means you're short on action. Maybe that's because moron coaches didn't give him a chance, maybe not. But he definitly is light on actual highlights.

"I suspect this is one of those 'the last coach sucked, everybody who didn't play must have been amazing'" --- We're not saying this. Because Gil played 50% of the time and he played better. Did he? Is it possible that something he did or didn't do maybe kept him off the field?

"Sometimes even failed coaches make the right call" -- Starting Scott Patchan over Greg Rousseau. Mhmmmmmm. Doesn't make every call a bad one. You just did exactly what I'm talking about. You assume that because some calls were bad, every call you don't like is wrong.

Here's the thing. When we're winning, everybody is cool with whatever coach wants to do. When we're not, every single thing coach does is stupid and wrong. Every one of our past coaches has kept talented guys off the field at times because they were undisciplined or didn't know the playbook or something. And when we like the coach we back those calls and when we don't we don't. So keeping Gil off the field may have been dumb, but there's definitely a bunch of dudes on here assuming it was because Manny sukcz bro!

Here's the thing. When we're winning, everybody is cool with whatever coach wants to do. When we're not, every single thing coach does is stupid and wrong. Every one of our past coaches has kept talented guys off the field at times because they were undisciplined or didn't know the playbook or something. And when we like the coach we back those calls and when we don't we don't. So keeping Gil off the field may have been dumb, but there's definitely a bunch of dudes on here assuming it was because Manny sukcz bro!

I hear ya. And I agree with you. I have PTSD from that as well and hearing the Mopes is quite the turnoff.

But this isn't it. Or, this is not what I mean to highlight. Maybe a little bit of a miscommunication on my part.

Advertisement
Kid is talented and complacent, and the last staff let him be that. I remember him getting fat and out of shape last spring and summer. Excited to see how him and others respond to this staff and the new levels of accountability

Again go back and watch a Santana moss season highlight tape, sure lots of celebrating. Also it’s probably a heck of a lot longer than 3 mins with clips from four of 12 games.
I’m happy to be proven wrong, I agree he has had some games where I thought “man he’s that dude!” But after your sophomore year in CFB every year is a contract year. So I tend to lose a lot of hope/respect for a guy that appears to be ****ing it away by showing up out of shape.
I mean you realize two of the “highlights” were special teams tackles against Duke with the game pretty much over. And another against Central Conn.

We have said it a million times, the tape doesn’t lie, and he’s got some bad film out there you can’t deny that. I’m just saying, if all things are equal with the new staff, I don’t see him beating out Chase Smith and IMO James W is a nickel.

Advertisement

Not saying celebrating is a crime. But it's obvious the celebrating is being used as filler to lengthen the video because there aren't enough actual highlight plays.

Kid is talented and complacent, and the last staff let him be that. I remember him getting fat and out of shape last spring and summer. Excited to see how him and others respond to this staff and the new levels of accountability
This. I love Gil too but people have selective memory. The reason Carter took his spot is because Frierson came in out of shape from the offseason and in a year where Manny is fighting for his job he probably stopped trusting Gil and rode with Carter. Now was that petty and dumb? Of course because Manny made the wrong choice. Carter was awful last year. Unplayable towards the end of the year. (I’m not buying the injury talk)

Gil has a shot to make an impression with this new staff. Hope he doesn’t squander it. There is a role for him on this D

This. I love Gil too but people have selective memory. The reason Carter took his spot is because Frierson came in out of shape from the offseason and in a year where Manny is fighting for his job he probably stopped trusting Gil and rode with Carter. Now was that petty and dumb? Of course because Manny made the wrong choice. Carter was awful last year. Unplayable towards the end of the year. (I’m not buying the injury talk)

Gil has a shot to make an impression with this new staff. Hope he doesn’t squander it. There is a role for him on this D

100%. Let's see how Gil handles the new staff's expectations. He's got the talent. Sky's the limit. Does he have the will?

Advertisement
Frierson will be used in the same role that Jamein Sherwood was used in Auburn’s defense.

Hybrid Safety/Nickel Backer, go watch Steele’s Defenses from 2017-2019, he played Nickel quite a bit.

I can all but guarantee you we won’t play in base with 3 LB’s on every snap, Steele is a defensive wizard, he throws all kinds of exotic looks out there with sub-packages & personnel groupings.

Even watching his Defense at LSU, you’ll see varied formations & sub-sets.

Frierson will play plenty.
CIS Translation: @Liberty City El fully endorses the striker position 😈

FLfCituX0AMBfIh~2.jpg

He motivated

Advertisement
Not saying celebrating is a crime. But it's obvious the celebrating is being used as filler to lengthen the video because there aren't enough actual highlight plays.

Youtube creators gotta get some ad revenue. Nothing wrong with that. Cranking the Playback Speed option to 1.5 helps with that.

Advertisement
Back