Gilbert Frierson impact plays

brock

All-American
It was what 21-13 and va tech was driving. On 3rd down Gilbert Frierson came up with a big sack which ended that drive with us only giving up a field goal. That obviously mattered in this game.

later in the game on the last drive Frierson had another key sack in the waning moments of the game.

Week in and week out Frierson is our most consistent player in the secondary and a sure tackler. He’s a stud, my player comp for him is Jeremy cash that played at Duke a few years back. He plays with heart , emotion and is a consistent playmaker.

through 8 games Frierson has
40 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 sacks.
he’s a Stud...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Amazing how he went from someone I thought was going to get passed up...

To our most consistent defender who is legit playing himself up for the NFL... might be a low round pick now...

next year with similar if not better tape of playmaking all across the field he could sneak into that Day 2 (maybe Day 1 if he tests great)

It was what 21-13 and va tech was driving. On 3rd down Gilbert Frierson came up with a big sack which ended that drive with us only giving up a field goal. That obviously mattered in this game.

later in the game on the last drive Frierson had another key sack in the waning moments of the game.

Week in and week out Frierson is our most consistent player in the secondary and a sure tackler. He’s a stud, my player comp for him is Jeremy cash that played at Duke a few years back. He plays with heart , emotion and is a consistent playmaker.

40 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 sacks.
he’s a Stud...

A leader is born. Now we need that to keep spreading in the locker room....

Advertisement
Gil missed a tackle and lost the edge on the big run to set up VTs last touchdown then made up for it on the very next defensive possession with a sack.

I was praying the refs didn’t throw a flag on him for us pistol celebration....
Tighten up, jit ...

my god, this reminds us that a win is a win ... this guy has come so far ... i'm surprised by his instincts ... on a defense where so many guys look clueless sometimes (lbs) this guy looks natural ... had a weak arm tackle on a touchdown run ... but overall im impressed with no chill gil

Advertisement
Remember the preseason talk of him transferring? Probably was Not true, but that would have been devastating. Props to him for grinding it out and becoming a stud.

40 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 sacks.
he’s a Stud...

This was the play that changed the momentum and the defense played lights out from this play to the end of the game.

Advertisement
This is why a lot of people can’t trust the D coaches. We heard Gil was in a battle for the starting spot, and was thinking of transferring. How could you blame these kids after seeing with your own eyes? Smith is good but Gil is a CONSISTENT playmaker. I can’t fathom based off what I’ve seen how the starting spot could be that close of a battle.

Really thought Smith was gonna overtake him going into he year but he’s been great. Props top the young man. Hopefully he comes back

Advertisement
Back