Gilbert Frierson impact plays

This is why a lot of people can’t trust the D coaches. We heard Gil was in a battle for the starting spot, and was thinking of transferring. How could you blame these kids after seeing with your own eyes? Smith is good but Gil is a CONSISTENT playmaker. I can’t fathom based off what I’ve seen how the starting spot could be that close of a battle.
So.... the coaches motivated both to keep fighting and grow in that position. They made it a daily competition and the better of the two won. Sounds like they really screwed the pooch on this one lmao “that’s called coaching”. Now the one that prevailed has taken his game to the next level. I’m guessing you’d have preferred them to not make Gil question himself, his role, his future and ultimately buy into becoming the best player he could be? He’s obviously become a much better football player in the last twelve months. My2

Advertisement
Gil has exceeded expectations. The kid is smart and diagnoses plays quickly. Good instincts. He knows what the other positions are supposed to being doing as well. For the 2021 season though we should move him to safety so he can play the rover. Keontra can play striker. Having Gil replace Bolden/Carter at safety makes too much sense. Plus we may need him anchoring our secondary next season depending on who leaves and who stays (draft or transfer). Have James Williams back him up and learn the rover spot will accelerate Williams's transition to cfb.

Gil missed a tackle and lost the edge on the big run to set up VTs last touchdown then made up for it on the very next defensive possession with a sack.

I was praying the refs didn’t throw a flag on him for us pistol celebration....
Bro I was just about to post this! I was SHOOK during that 🔫 celebration, I was like Nooooooooooooooo!!

He made several very big critical plays on an island 🏝 where if he missed we basically would have loss.

So.... the coaches motivated both to keep fighting and grow in that position. They made it a daily competition and the better of the two won. Sounds like they really screwed the pooch on this one lmao “that’s called coaching”. Now the one that prevailed has taken his game to the next level. I’m guessing you’d have preferred them to not make Gil question himself, his role, his future and ultimately buy into becoming the best player he could be? He’s obviously become a much better football player in the last twelve months. My2
I’d be willing to agree. But how many times have these coaches shown they don’t start the right guys?

GR15 last year, Carter still starts over Bolden and Hall, McCloud still starts, Ford was staring for quite a bit. I’m sure there’s more too. I get what you’re saying, make them compete, but based off what we’re seeing, Gil is a lot better than Smith right now, how was it so close in August?

Advertisement
I’d be willing to agree. But how many times have these coaches shown they don’t start the right guys?

GR15 last year, Carter still starts over Bolden and Hall, McCloud still starts, Ford was staring for quite a bit. I’m sure there’s more too. I get what you’re saying, make them compete, but based off what we’re seeing, Gil is a lot better than Smith right now, how was it so close in August?
I think there’s a difference between what we see and hear, and what’s truly being said and done. Everyone thinks they should start. Every fan thinks they know who to play. I won’t get crazy, but these guys want to win as much as anyone. They’re not nearly what Shannon, Golden or richt where. I’m happy about most of their

Advertisement
It was what 21-13 and va tech was driving. On 3rd down Gilbert Frierson came up with a big sack which ended that drive with us only giving up a field goal. That obviously mattered in this game.

later in the game on the last drive Frierson had another key sack in the waning moments of the game.

Week in and week out Frierson is our most consistent player in the secondary and a sure tackler. He’s a stud, my player comp for him is Jeremy cash that played at Duke a few years back. He plays with heart , emotion and is a consistent playmaker.

through 8 games Frierson has
40 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 sacks.
he’s a Stud...

He's not a stud yet brock. You throw around words too loosely. He still left 3 or 4 plays out there that I want to see him make. He is getting better and I expect next year for him to really take off with a full slate of games.

This is why a lot of people can’t trust the D coaches. We heard Gil was in a battle for the starting spot, and was thinking of transferring. How could you blame these kids after seeing with your own eyes? Smith is good but Gil is a CONSISTENT playmaker. I can’t fathom based off what I’ve seen how the starting spot could be that close of a battle.
Completely soft mindset you have. I can tell a lot about how you think in life. So, don't earn anything, give them their spot or risk a transfer. Stop with the pop warner stuff. If his goal is the NFL then he has to have a tough mindset Football along with baseball is the ultimate team sports.

Never makes excuses.. Gil needed to trust himself and his teammates. Players have to trust each other. We have had a dysfunctional football environment. Expectations are very high at Miami but we don't work hard enough and think the we should just show up. Your work ethic must exceed or equal your expectations in a winning environment. Lastly you have to be unselfish. Football isn't always fun. You ever had to cover someone on a punt return. **** gets physical. You have to be willing to sacrifice. Maybe Gil wasn't willing years before and finally he has decided to buy in.

Advertisement
Completely soft mindset you have. I can tell a lot about how you think in life. So, don't earn anything, give them their spot or risk a transfer. Stop with the pop warner stuff. If his goal is the NFL then he has to have a tough mindset Football along with baseball is the ultimate team sports.

Never makes excuses.. Gil needed to trust himself and his teammates. Players have to trust each other. We have had a dysfunctional football environment. Expectations are very high at Miami but we don't work hard enough and think the we should just show up. Your work ethic must exceed or equal your expectations in a winning environment. Lastly you have to be unselfish. Football isn't always fun. You ever had to cover someone on a punt return. **** gets physical. You have to be willing to sacrifice. Maybe Gil wasn't willing years before and finally he has decided to buy in.

lmao. Stopped reading after the given not earned. Nah homie. You couldn’t be more wrong about me. I’m as competitive as they come. No matter what I’m always aiming to win. I’m not saying don’t compete. I’m questioning the coaches decisions on personnel. What I’m saying is based on what we’re seeing, there is a large gap between Gil and smith. That being said, we know Gil was in a “close” battle. I find that hard to believe and based on what I’ve seen from coaches before, the stuff they deem essential in practice and making these comps “close” are the things that lead to the GR15s sitting behind Patchan. JHH behind Ford. Brooks behind Flagg and McCloud. There’s a long list in that side of the ball of dudes who are clearly better on Saturday who don’t start. So what are these coaches doing wrong in jpersonnel evaluation.

It was what 21-13 and va tech was driving. On 3rd down Gilbert Frierson came up with a big sack which ended that drive with us only giving up a field goal. That obviously mattered in this game.

later in the game on the last drive Frierson had another key sack in the waning moments of the game.

Week in and week out Frierson is our most consistent player in the secondary and a sure tackler. He’s a stud, my player comp for him is Jeremy cash that played at Duke a few years back. He plays with heart , emotion and is a consistent playmaker.

through 8 games Frierson has
40 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 sacks.
he’s a Stud...

He's just getting started. Young guy.

lmao. Stopped reading after the given not earned. Nah homie. You couldn’t be more wrong about me. I’m as competitive as they come. No matter what I’m always aiming to win. I’m not saying don’t compete. I’m questioning the coaches decisions on personnel. What I’m saying is based on what we’re seeing, there is a large gap between Gil and smith. That being said, we know Gil was in a “close” battle. I find that hard to believe and based on what I’ve seen from coaches before, the stuff they deem essential in practice and making these comps “close” are the things that lead to the GR15s sitting behind Patchan. JHH behind Ford. Brooks behind Flagg and McCloud. There’s a long list in that side of the ball of dudes who are clearly better on Saturday who don’t start. So what are these coaches doing wrong in jpersonnel evaluation.
Who is to say that Smith wouldn't make the same leap if given the same opportunity next year. That's all I am saying.

Advertisement
Who is to say that Smith wouldn't make the same leap if given the same opportunity next year. That's all I am saying.
We’re talking about this year. And the supposed “close battle” during camp. Smith has gotten in fam. He’s played well. But Gil to me has been “can’t have off the field” type play. There’s a clear difference to me in both. Smith is a fine back up, but what’s been obvious to me is Gil is the clear starter. It’s been hard for me to see, based on the play on Saturday’s, how this battle was so close 2/3 months ago.

Gil has exceeded expectations. The kid is smart and diagnoses plays quickly. Good instincts. He knows what the other positions are supposed to being doing as well. For the 2021 season though we should move him to safety so he can play the rover. Keontra can play striker. Having Gil replace Bolden/Carter at safety makes too much sense. Plus we may need him anchoring our secondary next season depending on who leaves and who stays (draft or transfer). Have James Williams back him up and learn the rover spot will accelerate Williams's transition to cfb.
In all honesty, they should do it now, I said before the V-Tech game that gurvan and bolden need to be benched, bubba was out their again playing like his hair color now. This how we know we got to get more goons on the team, letting ****'s walk round looking like that and playing like that at UM is unbecoming of a CANE!

Advertisement
Back