Gilbert Frierson Commits to Canes

Rumph can't recruit a lick. He better be able to coach thee kids up.

Yet we have landed 3 talented kids at his position since he has been here....

You've finally let go of Golden and have now attached to Rumph... Makes sense

Did Rumph do something to you or your family? I don't understand the hatred. We act like he's been here for decades and continues to underperform. At least give him one full season before you start sh*tt*ng on him. FFS, some of you people need to get laid.

I dont hate Rumph, actually the exact opposite. I've met him and he seems like a real nice down to earth dude. But, he has zero experience coaching in college or in the NFL and the sole value he brings to this staff is his influence amongst elite local recruits. Although he had a stronger relationship with Burns last year than any college coach in the nation, he couldn't even get the kid to consider us. And now we're hearing that we're not even in the top 5 for AH's top prospect(Slaton) this year....

Yet, Banda, that has zero local relationships is already outperforming him...

I like Rumph and hope he gets it going, but i don't care about liking a coach, i want him to be great at his job.

Which is exactly my point, if you like him then be reasonable and give him a chance. You're already sh*tting on him and it's been a few months. He hasn't had the chance to even coach his own players. His first year is going to be an enormous challenge considering our depth and talent level at his position.

If by next recruiting class he's still striking out and the CBs perform poorly this year then sure, have at it. But until then stop being so critical for no reason.

Advertisement
Rumph can't recruit a lick. He better be able to coach thee kids up.

Yet we have landed 3 talented kids at his position since he has been here....

You've finally let go of Golden and have now attached to Rumph... Makes sense

Did Rumph do something to you or your family? I don't understand the hatred. We act like he's been here for decades and continues to underperform. At least give him one full season before you start sh*tt*ng on him. FFS, some of you people need to get laid.

I dont hate Rumph, actually the exact opposite. I've met him and he seems like a real nice down to earth dude. But, he has zero experience coaching in college or in the NFL and the sole value he brings to this staff is his influence amongst elite local recruits. Although he had a stronger relationship with Burns last year than any college coach in the nation, he couldn't even get the kid to consider us. And now we're hearing that we're not even in the top 5 for AH's top prospect(Slaton) this year....

Yet, Banda, that has zero local relationships is already outperforming him...

I like Rumph and hope he gets it going, but i don't care about liking a coach, i want him to be great at his job.

Smells like an agenda to me, let's revisit this discussion down the line closer to nsd.

Advertisement
A high school coach should only do so much to get a player to go to a school. He shouldn't be forcing kids to go places. All a high school coach should be doing is giving the player the best information he can so the player can make an informed decision. A high school coach is supposed to be the one the kid can get advice from that he can trust while everyone else tries to pull him to the school they want him to attend. So whether his players committed here or not isn't his fault, it was Al Goldens job to recruit the players and convince them to come, and he failed. It also wasn't Rumphs job to offer these kids a scholarship, it was goldens failures for not offering the right people or offering too late, etc. As long as Rumph wasn't down talking Miami or literally leading the recruits away from Miami, which I can't imagine he'd do, then he did nothing wrong; he was doing his job as a high school coach, and thats to help his kids make the best choice for them.

As for his actual recruiting abilities, he's never done it before and its his first time coaching above a high school level, its obviously going to take getting used to and something he will learn to improve on with time. But you got to actually give him a chance first. Don't talk **** until after NSD next year. And make sure he's actually the primary recruited before you talk a bunch of **** how he missed out on so many DBs, because if im not mistaken, our coaches mainly recruit by region, not position.

Advertisement
As long as our DB class in '18 has Frierson, Al Jr., and Campbell included, I'm cool with whoever else that the staff accepts as Miami caliber DB's.
Patterson is a helluva prospect in his own right and a sure take , but he can take a loooong walk if it would guarantee that we got that trio.

whos campbell ? and you forgot about Jobe

Tyson Campbell
Like his measures....6'2" 185lb corner..

And THIS is what happens when the school goes out and spends big money on a big time coach. This is the one reason I don't fault Larry Coker, Randy Shannon, or Al Golden for our downfall. Fact is, NONE OF THEM should have ever been hired to begin with. We'd never have had to worry about being back had we not disappeared to begin with. Man, the incompetence of the administration for all those years. Finally, FINALLY we have a real head coach. Recruiting is about to get really, really good.
Oh sh*t, we back now dog.

Advertisement
Back