Getting rid of Enos...

fraggle

Senile Senior
was like surgery for cancer, they don't always get it all right away but keep cutting until it is all gone. Hopefully firing Enos includes his staff since our OL coach, TE coach, RB coach and WR coach sure didn't get much out of their "star" players.
I think our biggest problem is lacking an OL and this recruiting class didn't do much to help, hopefully the new OC will hire a real OL coach and get production out of our current squad as we don't lack depth, we lack ability. Those who think those of us who are encouraged know that firing Enos is not the cure but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I know we have talent but getting the talent to produce on the field is what is lacking. Anyone who watches football knows that the OL is the foundation for success and our foundation is sand.
With Rousseau, Silvera, Bolden, our defense has unlimited potential with a little tweak here and there, of course we need depth at LB and we do have time to add to our depth. I wish Dee Jay had stayed because he is a great blocking back and with our talented youth blocking seems to take time to develop.
Of course all these fair weather fans are rather irritating as we who have been around through thick and thin know you don't give up on your team because of problems, after all we almost lost the program in the 70's.
I will consider Diaz based on the changes he makes as he has addressed issues already, just wish he displayed the authority of the position, it almost feels like he is more fan than responsible authority. His interviews lack responsibilities, only excuses. JJ never blamed anyone but himself when we failed to perform, never threw people under the bus and Diaz needs to realize his words count. Enos was even worse at throwing players under the bus, thank god he is gone.

Advertisement
1. What has Bolden or Silvera done here that has you giddy like a *****? Putting them two in the same sentence as GR is borderline ******* stupid especially in light of what GR did this year compared to Silvera and Bolden.

2. UM still doesn’t have a QB.

3. The offensive line didn’t suck because of Enos.

4. Diaz is still here.

5. No playmaking WRs return next year.

6. DBs haven’t proven ****.

7. Who’s kicking FGs next year?

was like surgery for cancer, they don't always get it all right away but keep cutting until it is all gone. Hopefully firing Enos includes his staff since our OL coach, TE coach, RB coach and WR coach sure didn't get much out of their "star" players.
I think our biggest problem is lacking an OL and this recruiting class didn't do much to help, hopefully the new OC will hire a real OL coach and get production out of our current squad as we don't lack depth, we lack ability. Those who think those of us who are encouraged know that firing Enos is not the cure but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I know we have talent but getting the talent to produce on the field is what is lacking. Anyone who watches football knows that the OL is the foundation for success and our foundation is sand.
With Rousseau, Silvera, Bolden, our defense has unlimited potential with a little tweak here and there, of course we need depth at LB and we do have time to add to our depth. I wish Dee Jay had stayed because he is a great blocking back and with our talented youth blocking seems to take time to develop.
Of course all these fair weather fans are rather irritating as we who have been around through thick and thin know you don't give up on your team because of problems, after all we almost lost the program in the 70's.
I will consider Diaz based on the changes he makes as he has addressed issues already, just wish he displayed the authority of the position, it almost feels like he is more fan than responsible authority. His interviews lack responsibilities, only excuses. JJ never blamed anyone but himself when we failed to perform, never threw people under the bus and Diaz needs to realize his words count. Enos was even worse at throwing players under the bus, thank god he is gone.

When can we start purging the roster too? Thomas brown and hasselwood told yall bout dat cancer in da lockerroom

Advertisement
1. What has Bolden or Silvera done here that has you giddy like a *****? Putting them two in the same sentence as GR is borderline ******* stupid especially in light of what GR did this year compared to Silvera and Bolden.

4. Diaz is still here.

agreed on first point. Canes will enter 2020 with the best returning defensive end and tight end in ALL OF college football. Plenty of other guys on the roster have potential, but only two have proven it.

4. Diaz is still here.

1. Greg is special no doubt but Silvera has graded out well whenever he has played and Bolden before the injury was playing at a high level. Oh! I am not giddy, just optimistic
2. We have 6 on the roster and Van Dyke coming in, a decent OC should be able to use one of them. Look at the highlight film for Matocha and Van Dyke, I was hoping Matocha would play in the bowl game..
3. Zion improved during the year, we have a lot of OL that are supposed to be good so hopefully a new OL coach will fix that problem, that is key and hopefully the portal kids Diaz is soliciting are better then Kennedy.
4. Accept the fact Diaz will be here at least most of next year.
5. I don't like our WR's effort either but the portal might bring us another KJ plus we have some youngsters coming in. Our TE's are great but Enos didn't use them right.
6. I can't believe Bandy is leaving but Bolden is good at safety and with a lot of youth our defense held up it was our offense that sucked.
7. Diaz already has a portal kid lined up and maybe a shrink can fix Baxa (I jest). We've had walkomns better than Baxa so maybe, no hopefully there is a kicker out there that loves our team.
Our glass is at least 1/4th full. ;)

The OP is a Diaz slurper who will slurp everything Diaz does until Diaz gets fired after 4 years and a 24-28 record. Before the firing, the OP was defending Enos and the rest of the offensive coaching staff. Now that Enos got fired, the OP insists that Enos is the worst OC ever.

Anyway, I wonder what the OP’s opinion would be if Diaz pulled off a Richt and admitted he sucks as coach and resigned.

On one hand, the OP would have to think that Diaz made the correct move by resigning, because Diaz always makes the correct move.

On the other hand, the OP would have to think that the program will suffer from Diaz’s resignation, which would make his resignation a bad thing.

Holy cow.

Advertisement
Before Richt resigned I was hoping he would GROOM Diaz as FSU did with Jimbo, Richt resigning created a dilemma plus Temple jumping in there. The fact Diaz hasn't been a head coach has shown it to be a problem BUT if you look at how he has attacked flaws he is a problem solver but the inexperience shows. One thing I have been critical about is Diaz needs to be more authoritative and be careful in his press conferences. We can't change coaches every two or three years and expect any continuity. Hopefully Diaz will mature into the position, if not than here we go again with the rebuilding and another new staff.

His worse decision was to hire Enos BUT all the pundits called it a great hire, at least Diaz didn't waste time getting rid of him and hopefully he realizes as head coach he has to step in when an area of the team is flawed, like he did with the defense this year. Would I have chosen someone else last year, absolutely, do I think Diaz can get it done, I certainly hope so. We've had worse, stubborn bad coaches for years now, just maybe a freshman coach like Diaz can improve a lot considering the horrors this year, if not...so be it and we will dip into the coaching bucket again.

We are not in the desirable position for a hire as we were when we dominated, at least Diaz has it ingrained that we can be, I hope he is right and hope he can do it, meanwhile whomever is a Hurricane I will root for since I cannot change anything. Being negative is destructive and I’ve been an optimist my entire life. I have no idea what folks think they can accomplish with all this negativity. I want every great recruit to think the U is the place to be because without talent the best coaches on the planet cannot win.

Anyway, I wonder what the OP’s opinion would be if Diaz pulled off a Richt and admitted he sucks as coach and resigned.

On one hand, the OP would have to think that Diaz made the correct move by resigning, because Diaz always makes the correct move.

On the other hand, the OP would have to think that the program will suffer from Diaz’s resignation, which would make his resignation a bad thing.

Holy cow.
I posed this very question last year to the richt slurpers.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I beg to disagree. Miami's so-called " talent " is highly OVERRATED! Again, one glaring example, among others, is The PRIMA DONNA LADY'S MAN aka Mr. Shorty aka Call Me Mr. AWOL. hUh In other words, the dude from Sin City.

4. Diaz is still here.

With better coaching and QB play our WRs will be much better.

4. Diaz is still here.

THis dude NAILED it....

Why is he banned??

Fraggle is a Gator or FSU fan who pretends to be a Miami fan. Like half the Manny slurpers on here, he’s a Cane hater who’s trying to make us happy with our terrible program.

Fraggle needs to be banned.

Advertisement
Back