Get rid of the striker position.....

Nothing wrong with Striker position. And Romeo has been a bright star back there.

Baker is doing some dumb things w the front 4. That’s the issue at the moment.

Romeo should be the starting Safety and tweed is right, we need another CB covering the slot

Advertisement
Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.
No. Finnley was/is not the problem. The problem was the corners and safeties getting beat and UNC isolating their RB on Shack and Pinkney in space.

get rid of the baker position is what you meant to say

tell me tweed.. is our: sacks/turnovers/TFL's on pace with the last 3 seasons?

it's not even close, garvin has gone from neo to the **** with the white rabbit on her back.. neo is neo what happened?

get rid of the baker position is what you meant to say

tell me tweed.. is our: sacks/turnovers/TFL's on pace with the last 3 seasons?

it's not even close, garvin has gone from neo to the **** with the white rabbit on her back.. neo is neo what happened?
This!

Baker has been a clear downgrade at defensive coordinator through two games. Obviously, still early, but this hire is going to tell us a lot about Diaz. Great head coaches are great at spotting coaching talent and hiring and promoting it. Pulling a relative unknown like Baker from a small school will either prove to be a coaching hiring coup or it's just Diaz hiring someone he used to work with and/or not wanting to spend money.

You don't get that many chances as a head coach to hire coordinators, and the ones you do hire will likely determine your fate as a head coach. So far, I am unimpressed by the total staff Diaz has put together in year 1. If Baker is just average, it's a poor staff for Miami. If he turns into a great coach, the staff looks a lot better. We will see.

Advertisement
Get rid of the striker position..... and just put a third corner out there already. This new scheme CLEARLY leaves them as a huge liability in coverage. Every big play with the exception of a couple blown coverages has come on them being isolated by the other team. The opposition clearly sees that as their biggest mismatch. The striker is GREAT when you create pressure, but this new scheme just allows the QB to sit back there clean.
Kelvin Harris pointed out the striker as the weakness to attack in his pregame podcast. I went and rewatched some games focusing on the strikers and I noticed some distance issues, larger windows/lanes especially in zone. Guys might be asked to do too much.

TBH I don’t think Banda is a good coach, I think we had some high IQ safeties last year who masked some of these deficiencies.
I’d rather take my chances rushing 4 hard with press man, this new **** is not Miami Ball man. I think we agree.

Y’all can’t have it both ways man..this secondary is young. But they are being coached by the same staff that coach the previous secondary that was very good..blown coverages, ppl playing out of zones, missed tackles are on players. From an accountability stand point, it’s on coaches to get them ready to play..we are young asf on the back end

again, very Al Golden-era...

Manny coached 3 true-freshmen starting LBs year 1 and Rumph coached everyone he put his hands on the first several seasons... Now the same SENIOR LBs are missing, we're not setting the edge, and Bandy gets beat on a double moves with no S help? This all starts with Baker's leadership and disposition on defense.

Last edited:
Gulp, tweed has spoken!!!

Advertisement
We did that last year some but now I’m starting to see jon garvin not even rush the passer on far too many passing downs
Our coaches are like our players they live in the past thinking they are outsmarting the other team by taking our own best players out of what they do best, kind of like richt sayinf we don’t need explosive plays, golden sitting in passive defense with no presnap movement, and Shannon playing Bethune level talent over superstars. With the players three and out to not get drafted and not showing up until they are down multiple scores before they play with some urgency

Advertisement
Nothing wrong with Striker position. And Romeo has been a bright star back there.

Baker is doing some dumb things w the front 4. That’s the issue at the moment.
I’ve been pretty disappointed with the front 7 this year. I was really expecting our DL to dominate UNC

Not sure if it’s Baker or Stroud causing the decline this year

Our scheme has always left open zones. The difference this year is the DLine is not pressuring like the pass years and I don't think it's on the talent. Baker and Diaz is getting to cute with the play calling. We are at our best when we keep it simple.

Its the same scheme, baker just calls sh¡t calls in it and plays waaaaay too much man coverage with the striker position

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back